This is a hotel that has great potential, but today it just does not work. Here are a few examples:
The check in is extremely long - two people behind the reception, two people checking in, should all be done in 5 mins - I had to wait 20 mins. When I got to my room (166), it smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke, so back down to the reception for a room change. This time 25 mins, this time room 721 which also smelt of smoke, but by then I had given up. (my colleague, who arrived a different day at a different time, also had to wait a long time for check in). However, the reception is full of staff running around, looking busy, but not actually doing much.
The bar is badly organised - a lot of waiters / waitresses - I was asked three times whether I would like to order (I had already ordered), twice by the person who had taken by order ! But the food arrived before the drinks - there is only one barman, who seems to have a monopoly on the bar and so everyone has to wait for him. And as commented before, the bar is very expensive.
One night we were informed that there would be no water between 00h00 and 04h30 - OK, unusual for a luxury hotel, but at least we were informed - at 08h00 there was brown cold water, no hot water until around 11h00 (everyone in the hotel had the same problem, talking to other conference attendees).
This hotel seems to cater for the group tour operators and the military - if you are on your own, you should try your chances elsewhere (especially at these prices).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated blocks away from the Avenue des Champs Elysées and the famous Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, the hotel is a celebration of the Art Deco style and the luxury of transatlantic liners. A restaurant serving refined contemporary cuisine, a chic and glamorous bar, three quiet landscaped terraces, a Decléor spa with bespoke treatments and a gym with personal trainers, all offer ample opportunities for relaxation in a unique 1930s ambience. Among the 478 elegant and peaceful rooms and suites are some, boasting over superb views of the Eiffel Tower and the rooftops of Paris. A free dedicated smartphone is available in each room, allowing to enjoy unlimited local and international calls, mobile internet, and an indispensable city guide of Paris. With 1,700 sqm (18,300 sqf ) of meeting rooms and a superb reception room the hotel can also host events for up to 650 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splitty, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel du Collectionneur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Arc De Triomphe Hotel Paris
- Hilton Hotel Paris
- Hilton International Paris
- Hilton Paris
- Paris Hilton