“Poor: Don't stay here.”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #428 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I should have left when theybwanted to pre authorize my Visa card for 600 €. We had an executive suite. The room smelled like incense. The maid sprayed a febreeze like product. We went to dinner, left the balcony door open, ant the AC on to air it out. It still smelled bad. I went to the front desk to change rooms. They had other rooms but would not move me. There are many better hotels in Paris for the money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bwb138
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing down your experience with the recent stay at our property and by means of explanation only, I would like to kindly bring to your attention that the pre-authorization is not an unknown hotel procedure and when done, the bank holds the money for the hotel to guaranty your stay with the incidental charges you may use which in fact in convenient to many guests who wish to do "no stop" check outs or do not wish to wait in lines at departure hours. But once the departure is effected using the amount hold apart to balance your invoice, in the system, the remaining amount systematically gets de-blocked of course depending on every individual bank.

We are also sorry to learn that the perfume smell in your room did not please you unlike few guests who appreciate it. As we use the same perfume in all rooms and unless we have not been advised by any particular guest to not put it in the room allocated for him due to personal like and dislikes or due to health issues, I believe my colleagues did not wish to do the room move to only put you back in the same situation. On the other hand, I truly hope that the required was done during your stay to use the machinery to remove the strong smell.

Willing to have a second chance to regain your confidence in our service, I request you to not hesitate to contact me if any trip to our city, Paris.

With regards,

Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Write a ReviewReviews (2,819)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for two nights prior to an Avalon Waterways river cruise. We were held in the lobby until after 3 pm for a room check-in. The room was nice overall. The breakfast buffet has a broad selection of low quality food which is NOT worth the price.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the courtyard side of the hotel or backside. There was significant street noise dur...
1  Thank kv1361

Dear Guest,
please accept one again our very sincere apologies for the delay in check in that you had to experience and I agree that with the very heavy activity, we were unable to exceptionally keep up with the timing but neverthless, I am glad to hear that the room you checked into was appreciatable.
I also read that the selection of food during breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations and so please rest assured that our Chef has been informed of your review and we will look into the details and bring in changes if and where required.

Hoping that your overall experience and th whole trip was all pleasant,

With kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was spending a short trip to Paris with my parents. The room was OK but more like 3-4 stars hotel. However, i would have to say that this hotel offers us the WORST service ever. I was asking for an adapter and the first respond is that they will send it to the room straight away. About an hour later, no adapter was sent up. I called back and one lady said that there is one in the mini bar. I asked why didnt she tell me that from the first time i called and she said because i didnt ask. How am i supposed to know that someone would ever place an adapter into the mini bar. I think that it is their jobs to offer customer the full information needed. Plus, she wasnt supply the information that i have to pay €9 for an adapter. To be honest, €9 is not a big deal for ppl like us who paid so much money to stay in the hotel. The MOST important thing is about the manor of the front desk people. The lady that was mentioned above was VERY OR EXTREMLY RUDE. I was wondering is it worth to spend so much more money to be offered the services that is not even near any 3 stars hotel. Also, the wifi of the hotel was BAD, i cannot connect to my laptop or ipad at all ! Seriously, how can they take our money and offer us NOTHING??? I would never ever go back here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank PhamBaoChau
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear PhamBaoChau,

I would like to thank you for having shared your review following your recent stay at our property.

Please kindly accept our very sincere apologize for the inconvenient you had encountered. We have taken notes of your comments and we appreciated the feedback as we keep constantly look into details for improvement in each level of our service and quality.

I would like to take this opportunity to request you to contact me in person for your any future trip to Paris and I would be very pleased to personally look into the details of your stay to return it as a very memorable one.

Yours sincerely ,

Rangga Le Moing
Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently had the enormous pleasure of staying at the Hotel Du Collectionneur for about 12 days (27th May – 9th June 2014).

In summation, the hotel is a great example of exactly what a large Deluxe 5 star Hotel in a large city should be…

Incredibly well appointed and large bedrooms with every conceivable convenience and comfort, impeccable housekeeping services, exceptionally knowledgeable and capable concierge and front office staff, truly exceptional food and beverage facilities with exceptionally capable and professional management and service staff, lavish breakfasts (which are included in the daily tariff) etc, etc, etc.

Without doubt, amongst the very finest Hotels in Paris, in an incredibly convenient location!

Adrian Reeder
Cape Town
South Africa

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ALReeder

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe for your last stay in Paris.

The management and the concerning services are pleased to learn of your global satisfaction and for having reached our goal by meeting your expectations.

For any future plan to re-visit Paris, especially by staying at our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, please do not hesitate to contact.

Best wishes,

Leilei Xu

Reviewed 28 July 2014

In mid-July, my wife and I and our two children (18 and 20) had the pleasure of staying here. In ways big and small, the service was excellent, from the moment we arrived to the moment we, alas, departed. The staff is to be commended for such outstanding hospitality, in particular Cyndie Berenguier in Guest Relations.

Dear Philip C,

I would like to thank you for the courtesy of time taken in writing down your positive experience after your recent stay in our property.

I will personally share your feedback with Cyndie who will be glad to know that her efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of welcome you back to our city of lights and particularly at the Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe.

Regards,

Leilei XU

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband, my adult daughter and myself just returned from Paris, this is our second time to Paris, 1st being last March when we rented a apartment although that went well this time we opted for this hotel, and could not have made a better choice!! We stayed in a deluxe suite on the sixth floor which gave us access to the executive lounge, this is definitely the way to go, food and drinks from 7am to 11 pm changing with the time of day!! the staff could not have been any more attentive starting with the bellman all the way to the housekeeping staff, our accomodations were spotless and very comfortable which we welcomed each day after a full day of sightseeing, as for it not being near attractions I disagree, it is in walking distance to the Arc de Triumph and very accessbile to the subway (metro) to move around the city without much effort at all!! I cannot say enought positive things about this hotel and staff except they deserve a round of applause for a job well done!! We cannot wait to return!!!

Room Tip: If possible request an inside executive floor room with views of the gardens and use of the lounge.

Dear Jill,

We thank you for the precious time taken in posting the reviews after your recent stay at our property.

Our management is very glad to learn that you enjoyed the location, the suite on the Executive Level with the access and moreover with the services provided by our staff members meeting your expectations.

Your feedback will be shared with the concerning services since we believe that it is a great source of encouragement to keep us performing with same level of service.

Please do not hesistate to contact us for any future visit to the Hôtel du Collectionner Arc de Triomphe and we will be delighted to assist you.

Best wishes,

Leilei XU

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I was in Paris for 4 days for business and from the experience at check-in everything went wrong. When i checked in they said they upgraded me to the Eiffel tower executive room, i was fine with that since my company gives them a lot of business i figured that was why. Well the upgrade cost me almost double what the superior room cost which is what i booked. I said i would like to decline the upgrade and go with my original superior room. The lady at the front desk said that she didnt have any superior rooms left. I said i would like to reserve the superior room for the next 3 nights and she said that would be cancelling my current reservation and i would be charged 1 nights stay in the executive room. I asked to speak to her manager ao she left and came back and said she spoke eith her manager and there was nothing they could do. I never got to speak with her manager. I had to pay upfront for my entire 4 night stay in the executive room. I wasn't too happy about this. I went to my room and was less than impressed. For the money i spent i would have thought it would be a normal 5 star room ....wrong. It felt dated and worn. The towels were thin and rough, the shower wasn't clean, the robe was also very thin and rough, the sheeta were standard low thread count sheets. The view was the only semi nice thing but afterall, that is what they charged me so much for. My assistant in the Paris office called 5 times for the manager to try and resolve the issue and never got any response. So disappointed as that was my frist time in Paris. Oh and if you get the executive lounge access, which i did, be prepared to have lots p f kids going in amd being loud...hard to get any work done in there. On the up side, the lady in the lounge was very helpfull about telling me places to go around town and how to get there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Mirinda S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you have taken in writing the review. Having completed to read it, I am very much convinced that there is a huge misunderstanding for sure from either the reception's side or with due respect, yours' as it is not clear in your mentionings about why the receptionist insisted on charging you a supplementary instead of giving you the room you reserved.

As a matter of fact, when we are overbooked on certain category of rooms, if at all, the hotel completely remains responsable to find a solution without the guest's involvement and so an upgrade comes free.

As you have said that no one ever managed to catch up with not one manager in our hotel is worrying too and to re-clarify all point of views and to understand and rectify if required the problem, if at it has been produced by our hotel staff, I humbly request you to please be kind in contacting our guest relations department (guestrelations@thegatecollection.com) with your stay details leaving us more space to look into the matter in the best delay.

Remaining at your availability for further assistance and looking forward to hear from you,

With best wishes,