“Great Stay”

Hotel du Collectionneur
Ranked #435 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. From the moment we pulled up the door staff were extremely attentive, helping us out of the car and helping with our luggage.

It took over 20 minutes before I was able to check in though - there was only one lady at reception who was already dealing with another guest and despite her saying that she would call someone to help out and reduce the queue, no one came to help - not quite the service you would expect from a 5* hotel.

I had booked a room for 3 people but when we got to our room, there was only a double bed and no bed for my teenage daughter. The staff on the reception desk soon remedied this problem but failed to arrange for extra towels for the 3rd person.

Our stay in Paris was short so we did not spend much time in the hotel. Looking around, the lobby, spa, restaurant and bar were all impressive.

We chose to have breakfast only once during our stay as it was very pricey however, the breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of choice. In the evening, the bar had a relaxed atmosphere and the staff were very attentive but again, I felt that the drinks were very over-priced.

The concierge staff are a credit to this hotel - nothing seemed too much trouble and they were very knowledgeable about the area. I told them the things that I wanted to do while I was in Paris and they helped me to plan my trips/days out by advising the best travel options, what the best times were to see various attractions, what days certain attractions were closed etc etc.

Whilst I was in Paris, I had wanted to purchase some french books and the concierge staff were only too happy to help me find out the best place to go and how to get there. They were able to offer me vouchers to get discounts for EuroDisney and also for the Paris Tour buses - I would not have enjoyed my trip to Paris as much as I did without their helpful tips.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lady T
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel du Collectionneur, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Maria G,

Thank you very much for having taken you precious moment in writing your review about your stay at the Hotel du Collectionneur.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay among us and that our Concierge were taking their part of making you enjoying the trip. Rest assured that your complement have been shared with our team. Your detailed constructive comments will be duly reviewed with our management and thank you once again for having detailed them as we keep constantly improving the quality of our service.

We hope to welcome you again very soon and please do not hesitate to contact me and the guest relations team if we can be any assistance for your future reservation.

Best regards,

Rangga Le Moing
Guest Relations

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We loved our 5 day stay in Paris here. From the first minutes, every member of the staff from doormen, front desk, and concierge, was warm, welcoming, and professional. The property is on the elegant and charming side of business oriented. The room and bed were very well appointed and comfortable. Only slight gripe my fiancee had was modest water pressure. Highly recommend for business or romantic get away.

2  Thank Duke K

Dear Guest,
Our team cannot thank you sufficient for your recognition of their efforts and for all those kind and warm comments.

Your fiancée’s slight grip of modest water pressure has been forwarded to our engineering department who are assuring amendments where required, so please rest assured.

We are all very happy to learn that our efforts as one team has resulted in your joy and satisfaction with your recent stay.
Wishing you many more such wonderful stays with great staff in future,

With regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is my first and last stay at the L’Hotel Du Collectionneur (Arc de Triomphe)

This is not a 5* hotel - in fact it is barely a 4*.

1) The Internet is an absolute joke (you could get better connection with two cups and a piece of string). They say it is free, but if you actually want the Internet, they charge you 20 euros a day for high speed internet – ie internet that actually works.
And I know it was not only me having this bad experience as I heard other guests complaining about it at reception as I was checking in.

2) The rooms are small. I was booked in a Super King room, and the room I have been given (170) is no bigger or better serviced than a UK Travelodge. And the bed was barely a Queen sized bed, let alone a Super King.

3) Breakfast cost Euros 39! (and I had to wait 20 mins to be seated – because there was only one person at the front desk). Oh, and the food was horrible.

4) As soon as I turned off the light at night, I could feel things crawling over me.

5) Everything seemed like an opportunity to get more money out of you once you arrive.

I travel a lot with work and know what is and what is not a 5* hotel – and I can state right now that the L’Hotel Due Collectionneur is probably around 3.5 or 4 at an absolute push.

I have also stayed in far better value hotels in Paris before, and I certainly will again, as I will never be returning to the L’Hotel Du Collectionneur (Arc de Triomphe).

I will also be making sure the company I work for, and the booking agency that we work with, hear about my extremely disappointing stay when I get home.

Avoid at all cost. You will be disappointed if you come here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank rossmcl76
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just stayed for 3 nights on a room only basis. The room was on the 3rd Floor and was a twin room, with Queen beds. The room was fine, reasonably spacious and although the bathroom was bijoux the fittings were elegant and I'm informed the bath was comfortable. We were on the road overlooking the hotel but we found the room to be quiet and the beds comfortable. We visited the bar once and although expensive the service and choice was good. We had a couple of occasions when we had to chase luggage or our mugs went missing (tea & coffee making facilities not much use without mugs), but the concierge was very helpful especially with the Louvre tickets. Location wise it is a fair walk to the landmarks but the metro is nearby and very easy to use. Overall 4 stars says it all. A comfortable hotel to come back to after a long day's sightseeing.

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your continuous support by detailing your experience at our hotel recently. I am glad to read that you had a globally satisfying stay with us except for few inconveniences like chasing the mugs and bags for which we very sincerely apologize and look forward in truly gaining back your confidence in providing the quality of service we promise to make our guests feel. We will also very quickly look into the missing mugs and their follow ups to assure that such situations stop from re-occurring.

I request you to please contact our Guest relations department at any time of your future stay and we will be more than glad to assure a wonderful stay for you.

Best wishes from the city of lights,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the beginning of August with our tour group.
We had the most lovely room overlooking the garden.
The room was very comfortable and nicely appointed.
Breakfast was excellent, with so many choices from your usual buffet style scrambled eggs to sushi and cooked to order omelets
I would stay here again, it is close to transport and has plenty to see near by..

1  Thank Roslyn H

Dear Guest,
I thank you and your husband for leaving such beautiful and satisfying comments on the site and we are extremely happy to know how much you liked your room, view and its comforts.
As there might have been a lot left behind to visit, our team looks forward to welcoming you both back to our hotel for more excellent breakfasts and sightseeing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed four nights after our Europe holiday and found this hotel close to the arc, the avenue and the tower by walking. Service from front desk personnel was very good although housekeeping was a little behind in that we needed to ask for a hairdryer and tissues on more than one occasion. Room checks and tea coffee checks done daily, breakfasts adequate but restaurant may need to give some discount to people staying more than three nights (overpriced)

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room on the seventh floor with views to the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Though happy to read that you found our location comfortable and close to all, please accept our apologies concerning the little behind service provided by our Housekeeping and rest assured that your comments have been taken into count and will be used for the betterment of our services to reach the ultimate goal of returning our guests' stay completely satisfying.

Your kind comments concerning our front desk staff have been forwarded to them personally and are all very glad to know about it.

Thanking you once again for the time and to hopefully hear from you when returning to our beautiful city of lights,

with warm regards from all of us,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked a junior suite for a Saturday night hoping to have a nice romantic break, to enjoy the spa and the restaurant of the hotel. When I arrived to check in at 3 PM, I was told our junior suite wasn't ready but that we would get upgraded to a royal suite that was also not ready then. This represented a very nice upgrade. I tried to be understanding and decided to go to the spa for a couple of hours. The Spa just like the hotel overall is very beautiful! The water of the bathtub with massage jet/jaccuzzi was too hot for me to be able to get in but the staff took my comment into account and said they would lower the temperature a little.
When i came back at 5pm to the check in desk, I was told the room was STILL NOT ready because some president left later than the regular check out. At that point, we started getting really upset and asked for an ETA. We didn't get a clear answer for a while and were eventually told by an apologetic manager that we had to wait an other 1.5 hours for the royal suite to be ready. When we said we just wanted whichever suite available then the staff panicked, the manager disappeared in the backroom for at least 15 min. Anyway, at 5.30 we eventually checked into a Deluxe Suite and were assured the "customer service" had been told about our experience. Though we were absolutely not contacted for further apology or any kind of compensation! We noticed garbage and dirty dishes and a couple of cleaning lady troley in the corridor leading to the room. This gave a feeling of mess in this luxury decor. Worse: 3 hours later, the garbage and dirty dishes outside the rooms were still there. If you need an adaptator they wont lend you one but you can buy one from the mini bar for eur 9 (this scream greed to me). If you have forgotten your deodorant, they wont offer you a mini one (For a 5 star hotel, this is the detail you expect to be looked after). On the plus side, the hotel restaurant menu is very french (some real french specialties perfectly executed) and very good!
To sum up, this hotel is perfectly located, the architecture and interior decor is outstanding!!! but I can only imagine the management to be watching their cost so much. They should hire a few more cleaning ladies in order to have their room ready by 3 pm and not 6.30 pm! I was also expecting a warmer welcome (at the hotel and the restaurant) and didn't feel special at all... could this be because i arrived at the same time as a bus full of american tourists? Such a shame to see a place with so much soul give industrial treatment to its customers!

1  Thank Alex F

Dear Guest,

I would like to at the first place thank you for taking out some of your very precious time to pen down your experience in detail and we as a whole team apologize for every inconvenience you had to experience from the time of your check in.
By means of explanation only, I wish to inform you that the period being as such the most busiest as all the past years with lot of tourists in the city, regardless the number of staff member requirements required and respected to be called for in anticipation, we still had to face such irregular situations unfortunately, with many factors in count.
Though having said so, I would like to kindly bring to your attention that the details mentioned in your feedback have very much grabbed the attention of our management and the concerned Heads of the departments are looking into every point to assure that required actions will be taken to not let the similar situations from happening in the future.

I will very much look forward to hearing from you anytime you organize another trip to our hotel and will truly hope to regain your confidence in our services and property.

With our best wishes,