All reviewsmetro stationrooms are smallbath towelsclean hotelaccor hotelsstay there againcroissantsnice showergood sizeweekend breakwalking distancestayed here for three nightscomfy bedpleasant staythe breakfast areashower headrestaurants and bars
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location of this hotel was very ideal. It was located in an area with many different cafes, restaurants, bakeries and even grocery stores. This particular hotel is within walking distance of Plaza de Republique as well as a Metro station, which is essential if you are looking to rely on public transportation when you are visiting Paris. The rooms are spacious and sure the bathrooms may be small, but the hotel does a great job of keeping the bathrooms very clean. Our room had a great view, Wi-Fi worked fine and the breakfast was ok, but not the best. The staff here are extremely friendly. As my friends and I were checking out, we were helped by a lady with shoulder length brown hair and glasses who was so nice! She spoke perfect English and even gave us recommendations on where to eat.

The downside? If you plan on exploring Paris until after 12 in the morning, you will have to ring a bell to get back into the hotel. The hotel staff lock the doors, which is understood for security reasons. My friends and I were out until about 2 morning one night and we were waiting to get back into the hotel for about 10 minutes. It wasn't a big deal, just a bit of a hassle.

Overall, I highly recommend staying at this hotel. Great price, very great location and very nice staff. I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit Paris.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank GMB420
Reviewed 30 May 2014

when I say the heart of Paris I do not mean within walking distance of all the main tourist attractions. the Republique metro is very close. there is a grocery store and pharmacy nearby. all within a few minutes of walking. the room was comfortable. the staff very nice, helpful and spoke English well. the bathroom was a bit different....the space was difficult to maneuver in. hard to open the shower door with bathroom door shut. I got used to it. there were other bathrooms in cafes just as small. the hotel is by a road that has action all night, but with the windows closed I didn't hear it. the room was very well sound insulated. the wifi worked well in the room and there was a computer in the lobby for use by guests. any questions about sites, metro, etc. were answered by the hotel staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I get back to Paris.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy726
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A slightly better than average 2.5 star hotel.

The location was good, close to metro and with many excellent restaurants and bakeries nearby. The hotel has a good elevator and excellent wi-fi.

Bathroom is the biggest negative - small and poorly laid out. I could not open the shower door more than about 12" (26cm) before it hit the basin. Soap dish was gone. Shower head would not stay pointed where I directed it

Terrible pillows. Breakfast is ok. You'd be better off going to one of the nearby cafés or pastry shops for more selection and a lower price

I'd consider staying there again

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing street could be noisy. However with windows close, it is wee soundproofed
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SEMOreviewer
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Not expensive. Rustic rooms. Clean. Safe. I think breakfast was available, but in Paris why not eat out? Lots of restaurants nearby. Only 1 block from Republic metro station which gets you anywhere you need to go. Staff very friendly and spoke English well. I would have no problem staying here again. Rooms are small and so was the bathroom, but who stays in the hotel?
Neighborhood felt safe.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank xman2k
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had a lovely stay at this hotel which is very close to Republique metro station. The room was very spacious, bed very comfortable, my only problem was that my room was located overlooking the main road so it was quite noisy at night due to people going to bars and clubs.
Please note that breakfast is not included in the price so it's nearly €8 for just a few pastries, juice and coffee. Not worth it. You would be better off going to a local cafe.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends