“soft hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #652 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Dudley, United Kingdom
“soft hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel soft 4/5/14 - 7/5/14, we found it to be a great hotel the staff are very we were greeted at the reception by Ahmed who ALWAYS had a smile and a welcome greeting. The room is small but that is because of a fantastic big bed which is so comfortable. The room is spotless clean with fresh sheets and towels, plus sat tv. We had bed and breakfast there and the choice of breakfast is great, cereals, toast, fresh fruit, croissants,ham, cheese, fresh coffee, tea orange juice etc. This hotel is a fantastic base to see Paris 9/10 well done hotel soft, see you soon. Landed CDG airport get train to Gare De Nord, take metro to Gare de L' est when you get out on top Gare de L'est station is behind you, head down main high street going away from station, head for a big church on left hand side.Keep on that the street Rue de Vinaigriers is 2 or 3 streets down it has a big lit sign. Enjoy Paris it's great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dal_gb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice and neat hotel. The rooms are nice and perfect when you want to visit Paris, when you don't spend that much time in the hotel.
Gare l'est and gare du nord are in walking distance and also is the metro, within 5 minutes you are in the center of Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lenn H
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a couple of nights with my husband on a weekend and we liked this place. Room is small - but that's Paris - but it was quiet, nicely decorated, had a good bathroom, decent wifi, and was reasonably priced. Best of all it is in one of my favourite parts of Paris, in the 10th arr, just down from the Canal St Martin, and very close to Gare du Nord, Gare de l'Est and two or three Metro stations.

Hotel lived up to its name, with the beds nice and soft, and super comfortable. Didn't have breakfast though - at €12, thought it was a bit on the steep side - so can't comment on that, but would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank empress_joanna
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have just got home from a wonderful 3 night stay at Hotel Soft in Paris! Everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations.
I usually go for 4/5 star hotels, however after looking through numerous Paris hotels i found that they were all extremely expensive per night, so I decided to widen my search. I found that Hotel Soft had really good reviews and then researched into pricing and found it was more reasonable than others I had looked at. Booking directly through the hotel was by far the cheapest way to do it.
From the moment I arrived in the hotel I knew I had made the right choice, the gentleman on reception was extremely welcoming and explained that our room wasn't ready as yet (we arrived two hours before check in) but offered to lock our baggage in the secure baggage room so that we could explore Paris before checking in. We then asked for his advice on how to get to the Eiffel Tower and he was extremely helpful and told us the best way to get there.
When we arrived back later to check into the hotel we were given our room key and went up to our room! We had been placed on the top floor with our window facing the garden (after reading the other reviews about noise on the first floor I decided to put a note on the booking requesting a specific requirements which they accommodated for me).
Both the bedroom and bathroom were spacious and extremely clean!
Everytime we left or entered the hotel we were greeted by the friendly staff and when checking out we were also treated with the upmost care.
I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone that was looking for a hotel in Paris. This hotel completely exceeded my expectations in every way and when I go back to Paris I would definitely be booking with Hotel Soft.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank hollyberry321
Stoke-on-Trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at hotel soft in May last year. Yes the rooms are small, but this is Paris and most hotel rooms are small, I would say that if anyone is moaning or concerned that rooms are small, then maybe a city break isn't for you, and besides a hotel is somewhere to lay your head. We only slept there as we were out all day.

The staff cannot do enough for you, and are very welcoming and friendly and are great to point out points of interest. They go above and beyond.

The hotel is modern, clean and inviting. It is in the republique district a 2 minute walk away from metro station Jacques Bonsergent. Note the metros stop running at midnight.

We walked to sacre coure and the moulin rouge instead of using the metro. It did not take too long I think it only took us 30mins - 1hour but I was stopping browsing in all the shops on the way.

We stayed in room 203 and it was very warm, however there was a big fan under the bed, which I would have noticed if I'd have put my case under the bed as suggested on a sign.

The only down side was the heat in the room, and the noise only because we were at the front of the hotel, I would advise maybe asking for a room at the back, as there is a bar next to the hotel and lots of people with scooters were coming and going through the night and due to the heat we had the windows open. I would advise leaving your windows open while getting ready for bed, and then closing them and putting fan on while sleep, this worked for us.

Although the hotel was lovely I wouldn't like to stay here in the hot summer.

I would just like to say to everyone going to paris, please watch your belongings as on our way home at gare du nord, my boyfriend almost got mugged. Some guy hopped onto the train to the airport and had his hand in my partners pocket and he wasn't subtle about it. We noticed and got off the train immediately! The same guy mugger also got off, they seem to target here as they hop on while people get on and it's busy and hop off again with your wallet. This was only because the train we got on was rammed, I mean you couldn't even move it was ridiculous!

If you are getting the train to the airport from gare du nord, I would say if that train looks rammed, step back and wait get the next one, as it will be along a gain in a few minutes and the next one will be empty like it was with us and that's better than being mugged.

Sorry I don't mean to scare people and We have been to paris a few times and this is the only time we have had a issue,just at gare du nord when it was extremely busy at 530pm. This would not put me off going again or getting the train. The train is easy to get there and takes approx 30mins to get to gare du nord from the airport.

Have a lovely trip.

Thanks

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Kate_Sherwin
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My mother and I went on a short break to Paris. I booked the hotel from a third party site not really knowing what to expect. Soft hotel was welcoming, cosy and central. Close to the gare d'nord and the gare d'est as well as the Canal st.Martin. The breakfast was simple but tasty. The hotel is small so you feel special and appreciated. A lovely stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amelia W
Bucks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Hotel is 10 minute walk from Gare du nord. On a side street that seems to be a rat run for scooters, if you are on the first floor at the front you will hear these, along with people and dogs. Apart from that the Hotel itself is adequate,with very narrow hallways and plenty of fire doors.
The Wi Fi is quite honestly a joke. You have to have a separate code for every phone and then get a new one every day you stay.What is wrong with an open network in a Hotel? The week before I was in Tallin/Estonia and everywhere had open Wi Fi access.
Be careful with breakfast as when we booked in we were not told that we had not got breakfast included. We were told the times it was available but not that it would cost us more, or what it would cost. So a surprise bill when we booked out! Breakfast itself was basic and you needed to time your visit to perfection as they have to keep re stocking glasses, food, coffee etc as there is so little space. If the Hotel is full which I think it was, its a melee at Breakfast.
Apart from that I might possibly stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors or facing the back