“For God's Sake”

Ranked #845 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Taipei, Taiwan
“For God's Sake”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

we have 6 digit numbers of password to open the room,nice.we heard a very loud fire alerm from hallweay,my husband got out and checked the hallway,unfortunatlly he not able using passward re-enter our room and I could'nt open the room for him either.I was horrified.he went to reception for help,it took more than 10 mins.to 6fl.with security and another 10 mins.to open the room.we ask for the new room,he just giving us cold face,speak no english and walked away.long story short,if fire did happen on 5/27/2014 @10 pm,if we both inside the room,there's no telephone in the room to connect with reception,no emergency alert system,how can we do?
insideth room,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

2 Thank Joyce Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

When we stayed the corridor was a building site with workmen drilling, tools everywhere, rubble and we had to do our best to not trip over. The room was not only too hot to sleep in but the noise from the main road was so loud there was no point in windows - all night long.

The bed was awful, may as well have slept on the floor and I could barely move the next day. The toilet is basically in the room itself with a swing door allowing gaps at bottom and top - not great for concealing noise or smells!!

1 Thank Katie S

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Reviewed 3 June 2014

No worries that you're in district nineteen. This hotel is 5 minutes walk from 2 metro stations (or take the 'Velib bikes', it's fun!). By metro it's only one transfer to (almost) every highlight in the city and they go every 4 minutes until late. Oh, and taxi is only 12/13 euro's at night from the centre to the hotel.

The rooms are very clever. Everything is so well set up, that it's quite a funny ánd but good room. I've payed 70 euro's per night. Quite expensive I guess, but I got great service, cleanliness and pretty good Wifi. Bed is done every day, same as fresh towels.

In the hotel I've read that they do have parking lots which I did not read online. I've parked my car at "Parking 2000 district 19", which is a 15/20 minute walk from the hotel. That's only 25 euro's for the whole weekend and it's just 3 minutes driving from the Peripherique (Paris' ring road).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Johandemeijer
UK
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Good hotel for a cheap & cheerful base from which to explore the fabulous city of Paris! Quick journey from Gard du Nord - use Metro station Laumiere and exit via Avenue Jean-Jaures and you will see hotel.

Rooms very clean, towels changed daily & staff members efficient and friendly. First experience of the Ibis Budget brand and not sure I would use again - the shower was actually in the bedroom so the floor became slippery and the toilet door was simply a free-swinging panel.

Area was pleasant - lots of busy bars and restaurants particularly around Jaures Metro station which is a couple of minutes further than Laumiere and in the opposite direction.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank cocktailgal
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Dear travellers,

I would like to share my recent experience, including my mother and 84 year old grandmother, this morning (19.05.14 at 03:30am) at the hotel ibis budget Paris La Villette 19th (57-63, Avenue Jean Jaurès - 75019 PARIS).

Using the website rapt.fr, I found that I could use public transportation to travel to the airport using the bus N13 followed by N143.

At 03:25am I went to the reception to ask the receptionist if he could direct me to the bus station where I could take the N13 bus to the airport. With extremely “poor” English he informed me that the Metro wouldn’t work before 5:30am and that there was no other way of going to the airport other than by taxi.

I asked him if he could call a taxi for me. Before calling he told me it would be 50€ and that it will take around 25-30min. Finding it really expensive, but, as he said, I have no other option I asked him to call. His behaviour after was strange, instead of calling the taxi at the reception desk, he went inside the back room to order the taxi for me. He returned and let me know that the taxi will arrive in 15 minutes, when there were taxis passing outside the hotel regularly. As it is always safer to to use the taxi service from the hotel especially during the late hours, i waited for the hotel taxi.

After approx. 20 min I saw a taxi trying to park in the front. I started getting the luggage and helping my grandmother go outside, the receptionist screamed that I should wait, that the driver would come inside the hotel. Finding the whole situation more than strange, I saw the taxi driver come in and shake hands with the receptionist, putting some money in his hand. Watching this absurd situation I went to the both of them and asked the taxi driver how much would it be to the airport, he told me it would be between 50-55€. Infuriated by the situation I asked why he gave the receptionist money. The taxi driver was silent and the receptionist tried to deny it, but when i pointed out that i can clearly see the money in his hand and that his behaviour is unjust, his simple reply was “and? And what? What are you going to do?”.

We cancelled the taxi and left the hotel at that late hour looking for another taxi to take us to the airport. Please note that by “we” I mean 3 women including my 84 years old grandmother. And yes, things got even worse. We were walking down the street looking for a taxi and the corrupt taxi driver was driving next to us, telling all taxis that we tried to stop to keep driving. After 5 minutes of his harassment, he drove off and after 5-10 minutes we managed to stop a taxi and get to the airport, paying 10€ less than what the corrupt taxi drive said.

Unfortunately I didn’t get the name of the corrupt receptionist, as he was without a uniform and/or name stamped.

So in case they don't fire him and you are staying at this hotel, he is a bit overweight and has small eyes.

Let's hope they do something about this kind of staff they have.

Room Tip: The triple room is not made for three adults. It's hard to get to the bed on the top, from my ex...