“Just don't go!!”

Ranked #1,478 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Viseu, Portugal
“Just don't go!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

The worst hotel i ever stayed in my whole life.
The rooms were dirty and the pillows smelled to tobbacco, the placement of the hotel is horrible , like a guetto, the people in the hotel very strange, i felt like i was in some underworld!!!! I went with students and we all felt unsafe. The only good or more or less thing was breakfast, nothing special, but acceptable.
My advise for you? Just don't stay here!

Room Tip: Do a big cleaning up!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kiaraviseu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

My room was okay. The only thing that I noticed is this strong cleaning smell in my room. Maybe someone before smoked in my non-smoking room! The cover of my bed had dirty spots on it.. it was kind of gross and I also noticed some dirty stuff on the wall near my window! Really disgusting. Other than that my room had everything it was mentioned as the TV. It was very noisy in the corridor. People kept coming in and going out constantly at the bathroom/showers near my room and you heard everything in the corridor, but there was no more sound after 11-11:30 pm so I could go to sleep. Still, I could hear banging and sounds from others rooms several times it was awful, but I had brought my earplugs. The area of the hotel is not bad. Late at night I don't know, because I wouldn't come back at my hotel later than 9pm. I didn't use the showers so I have no idea if they were clean, but the toilets I thought it was average, but could have been cleaner..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Padstow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Formule 1 hotels across France for many many years.
The rooms are always clean, the shared showers and toilets clean themselves after every use! And are constantly checked. Fresh small towels in the rooms every day too.
Usually a double bed with a single bunk above or book a twin in some hotels for 2 single beds.
A TV, sink and mirror and a few power points are pretty much all you get. What more do you need? Unless you plan on staying in the room for days!
Yes everything is basic but functional.
Not much space in the rooms, so i always use these hotels as cheap stopovers.
I wouldn't like to stay in one for a week or more but I always recommend them for travelling across France or a cheap weekend city break.
I have read some complaints about the breakfast, but seriously for around £3.50 there is as much coffee (and hot chocolate and t-bags which is rare in France) as you can drink, and cerials, lovely sweet bread (to toast if you like) with spreads, Fruit juice, yogurts and in a couple of the hotels i have stayed in pieces of baguette.
All of the breakfasts are buffet (help yourself to as much as you like!) and you must get in there quite early or in busy periods they occasionally run out of things.
Like i say for £3.50 breakfast is great value. As are the room prices!
The location of this particular F1 is not the best, but for a cheap weekend in Paris is absolutely perfect if you dont mind a 10 min walk to the Metro after breakfast.
I will say that the staff in all F1 hotels are usually great, if you attempt to speak some French they appreciate it. If you dont try then some may treat you like an ignorant foreigner!

Just by saying Bonjour, je suis desole, je ne parle pas Francais ( hello, i'm sorry, i dont speak french) will get you much more respect than just ranting in English!!
After all if a French person talks only in French when visiting the UK, people here think they are ignorant!
Happy travels!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank davehornet6
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

this hotel is very basic, but not a lot wrong with it. rooms are spacious and very clean, showers/toilets are semi-communal but kept clean and suitable. its much more a school trip/stop over venue rather than a holiday hotel.

its an average ten minute walk from the metro which is handy, a nice little restaurant just outside the hotel and lots of shops/bakerys etc along the route to the station.
we walked to and from the hotel late at night at some times and there was no sign of gangs/prostitutes etc maybe we got lucky.

the only 2 negatives i have is the breakfast... 3.95 euros for basically nothing but then again thats your choice whether or not to pay for it
the other thing is the view from one side on the hotel, a grave yard. obviously not horrible, respectful to the dead, but could be seen as creepy.

other than that it was a lot better than expected and i was impressed

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

I came to this hotel for 2 nights on a school trip and from reading other reviews, I was very apprehensive. However I was pleasantly surprised.
The bedrooms are very very clean and well maintained. The showers and toilets are also reasonable.
We had a long wait when we arrived before we were able to go to our rooms but the staff seemed fairly helpful. The walk to the hotel from the train station was also longer than thought (about 15 mins)
The breakfast isn't great because there isn't much variety so we chose not to have it on the second morning.
You get what you pay for with this hotel but there isn't anything majorly bad about it.

My only negative comments would be that the view of the cemetery at night creeped me out slightly. Also, free wifi is advertised, although it did not work during my stay.
Other than this, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank beckyc94
Hythe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for 4 nights. Although the shower and toilet were separate and shared, it served it purpose; a bed to sleep in at night.
This hotel was also about a 5-7 minute walk form the nearest train station, although again, we didn't mind this.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caitlin-Shaun
St. Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

This one was really small, tough to move around in at all, however still nice anyway. With three of us in the room it was really tough however. Was interesting watching tv in French. The bathrooms are in their own corridor, as well as the showers, but they never seem to be full. The pool was nice

Stayed January 2012, travelled with family