Hotel le Notre Dame
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
US$334
US$309
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
Melia.com
US$211
US$178
  • Restaurant
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
US$1,788
US$1,358
  • Pool
1,009 results
All reviewschristian lacroixnotre damelatin quartercorner roomrer bsaint michelperfect locationrer stationcroissantsrooms are smallstreet noiseseine riverheart of parisfirst floorno elevatorrestaurants and barslight sleeper
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. All the staff I dealt with we're excellent, friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for the Latin quarter, notre dame and access to the river bus and train make getting around easy. Never had the breakfast as there's so many places close by to try out. The bedroom was different but quiet and you could hear notre dame bells which was nice to wake up to. Will be staying here again when I'm next in Paris.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
simorar, Responsable relations clients at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much!!!
You said everything about us ( excelent location in the city, good rooms, best view, attentive staff ) ... You are giving us even more power to continue what we are doing with even more stamina.
Hope to see very soon,
Kind Regards
Julie

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The location of this hotel could not be beaten, on the Quai St Michel a stones throw from the Metro and RER station, literally overlooking the Notre Dame. The latin Quarter round the corner with all its restaurants and bars, look out for "happy hours" most bars do them half price beer and cocktails from usually 1500hrs to 2100hrs. We were offered a Notre dame view from a couryard view room, although the room was even smaller the view made up for everything. We took breakfast everyday, the coffee could have been hotter, our fault for not complaining. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If offered an upgrade to a Notre Dame view accept without hesitating.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice comment.
We know our rooms are not so big but we spend a lot to have them very clean and confortable. We are happy to upgrade you when it is possible. ( from courtyard room to room with view)
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again.
Best Regards,
Julie

Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you look at my previous reviews you will notice that they are all (or most of them at least!) very positive, which does not mean I am easy to please or not critical enough. I simply do a lot of research before booking and then, really, hope for the best knowing I did my part- the rest is up to the hotel to live up to the hype and expectations. So far, I've been lucky I guess. To put things into perspective, I probably put in 3 solid months of research into my hotel choice in Paris (fine, call me crazy but it was a VERY important trip). Truth be told, they had me at Christian Lacroix decor. Hand to God, I was extremely skeptical of the "Notre Dame views" as pictured on the website, and the 3* rating kept me feeling insecure..."it is too good to be true". We walked in and it was like we walked into their website pictures. Granted, everything is smaller than it originally looked but you have to get over it because you are in Europe. Within minutes I was wondering where their 4th star is at? This is not a 3* property as it outshines most 4* that you can find hands down. And yes, it does have an elevator! Our room (22) was spectacular. Again, on the smaller side but I told you to get over it- it is actually quite enough. We had ample room to get comfortable even though we stayed in Paris for the last week of our one month long trip (in other words we had a LOT of luggage!). I usually will not be caught dead walking barefoot on hotel floors or let any part of my body touch the coverlet for example, but this place was so clean that I felt no reason to worry. The room was cleaned EVERY day which may be overkill but it sure is nice to come back to a made bed and fresh towels after a day on the town. I looked in every corner and behind every curtain and could not find any dust or dirt. The decor is so unique and fun, and the bed is so comfortable you will have a seriously hard time leaving the room in the mornings. Bathroom is really generous and impeccably clean and we also quite enjoyed the toiletries. The only issue we had with it is the fact that while showering you will most likely spray the water everywhere! I get that this is probably part of the modern minimalist design, but there must be something that can be done to prevent it. We, of course, figured it out and it really wasn't a big deal or a deal breaker, but I don't want you thinking I am telling you only the great things. If I was to give one suggestion that would be a couple of extra shelves in the bathroom, a couple of more pieces of smart storage in the room (minimalist on the outside, storage on the inside- like the desk) and some hooks for coats in the hallway. I think this can all be done without compromising CL vision, but then again most people would probably be quite ok with the current set up (like I said- we were "fully loaded" for a month of travelling so I may be biased). The absolute best part, of course, is the Notre Dame view. Not only that it is exactly as pictured but it is quite something to wake up to. I would spend 10-15 minutes each day at the window just watching the world happen in front of me. Yes, it can get loud when the windows are open but isn't that the whole point: to hear and feel Paris? For sensitive ears, when the windows are closed you cannot hear anything. Regarding security...yes, you are required to leave your room key whenever you leave the hotel like in most Paris hotels. When I first heard about this, I was a little...aggravated. However, after a couple of days in Paris listening to all the warnings about pickpockets (even in churches!) and realizing that somebody is ALWAYS at the reception no matter what time you come back- I think this is the best idea and we happily conformed. It is also important to note that nobody comes into the hotel unnoticed, and that the hotel is locked at 10 or 11pm every night. All you have to do is ring the doorbell and if they recognize you on camera (which they will!) you are in! :) Moreover, our safety deposit box went on a bit of a fritz and we were unable to lock it for a couple of days- not a problem! Then when it finally locked it would not open, and the Staff would not open it without us present even though I said that was perfectly fine. Being infinitely paranoid when traveling thanks to all the city reviews I've read- I absolutely love this place! It has absolutely everything going for it including the location (views, proximity to metro even though we haven't set foot on it but once) and notably the Staff. Not only that they put up with my attempts at speaking French but they made our trip so much more enjoyable. For example, after they overheard we are celebrating our anniversary we were greeted by a card, champagne and chocolates in our room that very night. They arranged all our cab rides, helped us decide on what to do, and revealed some lesser known sights that are not to be missed. They always asked us about our day and made us feel truly welcome. On our last day, Julie asked us if we knew what terminal we were flying from and we had absolutely no idea. She just said "ok, no problem!" and came back with ALL of our flight information printed out on a small piece of paper that I could easily retrieve for reference. I was even more impressed when she sent the shuttle driver away because he came for us early and we were still having breakfast. Yes they take care of you until you leave with your suitcases! Big thank you to all of them (if they read this), especially Julie and Simmone. Judging by older reviews I think this place has improved immensely over the last couple of years. I really believe they deserve every bit of recognition they get, like the Trip Advisor certificate of excellence for 2013. You can pay a lot more for a hotel in Paris and not get what you will get here. When you walk out on the street you have all the history and culture right in front of you and the foody/party culture right behind you in the Latin Quarter. Not only that this is a great choice in Paris, but this may be our only consideration on the next trip to Paris. Look no further, I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Definitely go for the room with a view of Notre Dame. Unforgettable! Breakfast is worth it (especially considering prices everywhere else in Paris)- have it at least once during your stay! Tip the maid because she is a doll! Sadly, for the first time in my life- we forgot! Get the shuttle service. Yes it will take a little longer but it will be half the price of a taxi ride from CDG.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyLuxe14
simorar, Responsable relations clients at Hotel le Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Neda,

What a joy to welcome guests like you at the Hotel Le Notre Dame. Thank you so much for your positive review about us and our property.

Our rooms are not very big indeed, however, we make sure that they are well maintained and clean every day for the comfort of our clientele ! As you well explain regarding the water which goes out of the shower, sometime Modern Design things are not the most pratical ! (Please also note that the safe was update and battery changed, so no more problem)

The staff and I are very glad to keep working hard to advise and assist you with whatever you need !

If you do have any suggestions to make, feel free to contact whenever you like. That would be our pleasure to respond to you.

We hope to welcome very soon!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I loved this quirky, boutique hotel. Make sure you book a room with views of Notre Dame and the Seine, as it's quite something to wake up to the sound of the bells chiming in the morning. Other reviews mention the street noise, but with the windows shut I really didn't notice - plus the bed was so comfy it was easy to fall straight to sleep! I also thought the room was a great size compared to other Paris hotels and had a really nice bathroom. The location is excellent - the RER station is just across the road which links to CDG airport and is near St Michel and Odeon Metro stations (I chose to walk to Odeon when travelling to Sacre Couer as it was a smaller/less confusing station!). This hotel is within easy walking distance of attractions such as the Louvre, Musee D'orsay, Pompidou centre and the Shakespeare and co bookshop is minutes away (a must see for book lovers!) I recommend taking the Batobus hop on, hop off water taxi if you want to get your bearings - it's a much nicer way to tour around main sites than a bus as sailing down the Seine is lovely. (there's a stop minutes away across from Notre Dame). You will also be spoiled for choice for places to eat round about. Staff also very friendly. Only possible downside of the rooms are the thin walls, (I could hear person coughing next door at one point), but thankfully had generally quiet neighbours so didn't bother me. Would definitely return here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vikki G

Bonjour,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in a cosy room with an amazing view.

We are very well located, right in the center of the city ,walking distance from a lot of attractions. But Indeed with « Saint Michel » and « Saint michel-Notre Dame » stations ( accross the street) you have an easy access to visit the best monuments and museums in Paris.

In our Hotel the staff will advise you on the best place to eat in this busy but safe part of the city of light.

Thank you for sharing your kind words on trip advisor.

We really hope to see you again

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just arrived back in England following a brilliant stay at this hotel. Perfect location in the middle of Paris with great transport links, looking at Notre Dame, with the Latin Quarter on the doorstop. Personally I think the hotel deserves more than a 3-star rating! Friendly and personable receptionists who phoned restaurants for us and couldn't have been more helpful. Our room request for a view of the cathedral and the Seine was granted - room 42 is beautiful! Cosy but lovely bedroom and surprisingly good bathrooms for Paris.

The view really cannot be beaten and we will definitely be returning here on our next trip to Paris!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour,

The entire Team is delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us at Hotel Le Notre Dame !

The hotel is indeed very well situated by the Latin Quarter where you can enjoy visits, restaurants, and shopping area.

We do our best to satisfy all guests request and make them feel as comfortable as possible.

Thank you so much for your great feedback .If you are coming again to Paris in the future, please feel free to contact us.