“Freindly, helpful hosts. Excellent location”
Review of Hotel La Sanguine

Hotel La Sanguine
Ranked #116 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The owners were very helpful and friendly. We spoke almost no French and they put much effort into communicating with us to make our stay comfortable. The location is excellent being just a short walk to the metro and a few blocks from the Champs Elysees. Breakfast was good with fresh fruit from their family garden. The room was small but probably typical of Paris.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I didn't really stayed in this hotel! But I deposited luggages there when I went to the US embassy 3 streets behind. Owners were really lovely and helpful. They did a visit of one of their room, and it was really a good room for the price. I really recommend this hotel: first for the owners ( it's sometimes difficult to find lovely people in Paris) but as well for the hotel and the area. They recommended a restaurant and I was not disappointed at all!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Given the high ratings I must say that I was a bit disappointed.
Location: as others have remarked, there are many sights that are easy to get to. If you like the famous department stores, they are also nearby as well as the bus from the airport. The metro is a quick way to get to the Left Bank too.
Room: Paris sized although the bathroom was recently remodeled. It was hard for two people to walk around and open suitcases. The A/C was great and the room was spotless. It was a quiet hotel.
Breakfast: sorry, nothing beyond standard continental in France. Most places I stayed made everything from the oven in the mornings.
Owners: kind and friendly people. They were always smiling.
There is nothing wrong with this hotel. It just wasn't memorable. On my return I stayed in another budget hotel on the Left Bank which had it all including a bigger room and bathroom. There are many budget hotels to choose from in Paris.

Room Tip: The lower floors have bathtubs so they are bigger.
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in July, specifically for its proximity to the Champs Élysées and the Tour de France route. The price for the location is fabulous, as we were in walking distance from all major attractions and the metro. The staff is quite lovely and accommodating, although the language barrier for non-French speakers may be difficult at times. The other two downsides were the spotty wifi connection (which was weak at best and often not available) and the air conditioning. We happened to be in Paris during the hottest part of the summer, and the a/c in our room did not function properly. They did offer to give us a different room, but we declined and opted to keep the windows open for most of our stay. The breakfast is a definite highlight of the hotel, where they make their own croissants daily. You will not find a better breakfast for the price in the surrounding area. Also within a block of the hotel is a grocery store where you can buy cheap water, snacks, etc, in case you need or forgot anything. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers and would stay here again myself.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Forensachic
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A great location within walking distance of many of the city's treasures. Plenty of restaurants, cafes and retail shops at your disposal. Close to Madeleine's metro station too. The rooms are clean and pleasant and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and being able to visit with Tokyo, the hotel's very sweet dog. This is my second stay at the hotel and can say that the hotel accomodations and staff are very consistant with great customer service and accomodations. Will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel is located in a lovely part of Paris, close to the Louvre and other main sites as well as walking distance to many restaurants and cafes. My friends and I felt very safe here and the rooms are clean and cosy. The hotel is very good value for money and I would not hesitate to reccomend it.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

I am currently at La Sanguine. I arrived very sick. They arranged for a doctor to come to my room(€70 drs fee) and then went and got my prescriptions for me so I didn't have to leave my bed. Ever since they have been checking on me to make sure I'm ok and making me cups of coffee. I couldn't ask for a better place to get sick in. The rooms are typical Parisienne and very clean and comfy. The dog Tokyo is an added bonus and was summoned immediately when I wanted a pat to make me feel better! Location is quiet but central. There is no elevator but they carried up my 30kgs luggage no problem for me.

• Stayed: June 2013