“Great staff and location”
Review of Hotel de Sers

Hotel de Sers
Ranked #355 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great staff and location”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you are looking for a great staff and a location walking distance to the Champs Elysses or Eiffel Tower then Hotel de Sers is the place for you. This was my second time staying there and this visit was even better than the first. Everyone on the staff from the people at the front desk to the staff working in the restaurant couldn't have been more inviting and helpful. We struck up a nice rapport with Christophe who was very friendly and always a pleasure to see each day. We stayed in a deluxe room which was a decent size and not overly expensive. Continental breakfast was included which made our mornings quick and easy as we headed out to start our day. I travel to Paris every year and I'm already looking forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HOTELDESERS08, Executive Director at Hotel de Sers, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time of sharing your last experience with us.

I am really happy to read that your second stay at the Hotel de Sers was even better than the first one.

I hope to meet you next time you stay with us.

Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The key to this hotel is its customer service -- this began long before our arrival, with e-mails back and forth for restaurant reservations and questions about tours/day trips. This continued throughout our stay, with helpful suggestions, restaurant suggestions, and help with directions and the metro. The entire staff is kind, and multilingual, and we especially recommend Christophe for his kindness and thoughtfulness.

The hotel is located several blocks from the Champs-Elysees, walking distance to much of Paris -- in fact we walked everywhere from the Eiffel Tower, to the Musee D'Orsay to the Opera House with ease. The rooms are small but clean. Continental breakfast was included, and a nice start to the day. The price point was also appealling.

If you are looking for a hotel with a great location and the best staff -- look no further.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

Also thank you for highlighting the strength of the Hotel de Sers; the service and the location.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon in your “Parisian home.”

Cheshire, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I was a little skeptical of what my stay would be like at my second French destination since my first a few days prior hadn't been very welcoming. However, that was quickly extinguished when just stepping out of the cab from the airport, I hear "Welcome Mrs. Nieves" from the gentleman in a fabulously worn suit as he grabbed my luggage and escorted us into the hotel. The hotel staff was incredibly professional. The hotel was beautiful. The food was out of this world. The service, hospitality and my stay was of a 5 star hotel. The staff offered me anything I could have possibly wanted including a staff member showing us around the room, an iPad in our room and even though my husband and I each had our own, we found ourselves using theirs just because it was an amenity. The location was unbelievable.
My only complaints were that the free wifi is a little spotty and a female waiter at the hotel restaurant was a bit rude not only at dinner but then again the next morning at breakfast. But that didn't even matter since everything else completely made up for it and who knows? Maybe she was having a bad couple of days!

Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your last experience at the Hotel de Sers.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed very much staying with us from the beginning to the end: a welcoming and professional staff, a comfortable room in a nice hotel, a good food and a great location.

I apologize for the unacceptable behavior of the waitress. When we work in a 5 stars hotel we need to leave our personnel concerns at home and be pleasant and professional with our guests.

I really hope to have the pleasure of meeting you next time you come to the Hotel.

Perth
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I can't rate the concierge highly enough! From finding us a fabulous restaurant last minute, to handing me an umbrella on my way out because it was due to snow and he noticed I didn't have one, to recommending a great jazz bar! Beautiful, modern hotel, perfect for shopping and visiting the local attractions, couldn't ask for a better location! We will 100% return next time we are in town!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment.

I am so happy to read that your stay with us was perfect and that the location and the service met your expectation.

I am looking forward to meeting you next time you visit us.

Best regards,
Oulu, Finland
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Second time in Paris with my husband.
Hotel was located near Champs Elysees and you could walk everywhere. Hotel staff was very nice and helpfull. Room was super comfortable with big bathroom and queen size bed. I would definetely stay in this hotel again. I can warmly recommend Hotel de Sers if staying with kids or travelling on a romantic vacation as a couple. Money well spent!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for your comment.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed for three nights. When I made the booking, well in advance, I had specifically asked for a quiet room facing the courtyard. I was given a tiny and noisy room facing the street. I complained and was told that the hotel was fully booked. I was terribly upset and wanted to leave only to find out that my whole stay had been already charged and that there was no refund. I was finally moved to a more spacious room facing the courtyard. The curtain did not close well so there was light very early and when I asked them to fix it, it was even worse. There was almost no water pressure in the shower. Very bad maintenance! I will not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sandy P
HOTELDESERS08, Directrice Adjointe at Hotel de Sers, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing your last experience at the Hotel de Sers.

I am sorry to hear that the room you booked did not meet your expectations.

We often make our best to satisfy the special requests of our guests but we can never guarantee especially when the Hotel is sold out.

If you come back to Paris, I would be delighted to personally take care of your booking and I will make sure you have wonderful stay with us.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

rooms are spacious, very nicely equipped and decorated, bathrooms are large - there is decent closet space and plenty of amenities. The lobby is nice and the hotel layout is very different from your usual five star hotel in Paris.

Room Tip: you'd want a room on the street view but beware, there is a small nightclub across the street th...