Bvj Paris Louvre
Agoda.com
US$543
US$527
  • Restaurant
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Bar/Lounge
US$486
US$411
  • Room Service
All reviewsyouth hostelfree breakfastgreat locationpower outletsnice breakfastexplore parisrooms are cleanheart of parismin walkreceptionistsubwaycafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I did my reservartion 6 moths before and confirmed it 3 days before arriving, but when I got there they allowed me to pay only for one night since they didn't know if they would have a place for me the following night (?).The other day I had to find other place to go because they were full. But they said I would have a bed for my next five nights, so I came back thinking everything would be ok then. The following five days were hell, I had to pay for each night everyday in the morning cause it was not possible to pay all nights together. Everyday I had to bring my heavy luggage downstairs, by the stairs, because they changed me from one room to another. I slept all six nights in different rooms, having to pack my things everyday to change, but I could only put my things in the room after 2:30pm. After all this, the staff was always rude and sometimes acted with lack of respect with the guests. It was the worst hostel experience, and I have already been in lots of hostels around the world.

3  Thank Sabrinaniteroi
Reviewed 25 June 2012

After being booted from BVJ Opera, despite having a reservation and having paid a deposit - I arrived at this hostel to much the same story as other people have written about. Extremely poor organisation, it is very annoying to have to book each night you want to stay every morning before 9am and makes absolutely no sense. There is no communal area - only breakfast is included which was fine, but no free wifi, had to pay for a towels, pay for lockers etc.
Also I was in the room when the cleaning lady came in, they don't change or wash the wool blankets which I think is kind of gross.
Literally the only good thing about this location.

1  Thank SWhite89
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Overall this hostel was good. The smell of the hallways are a little off putting for those with a sensitive nose. The staff was helpful and very nice for the most part.

36  Thank Lmedi
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and found the location to be just perfect. It is right behind the Louvre, only a 15 minute walk to the Opera House, and like 30 minutes to either the "Marais", Notre Dame Cathedral, or the St Michel district. (All of which are amazing things to see and experience.) So the first day I checked in I had to wait until like 2:30 which wasn't the coolest thing to have to do especially when you are just arriving from a 9 hour flight. But other than that I found the whole set up to be really good. The staff were young and friendly, helpful and full of advice. I owe more than one of my new great Parisian adventures to their advice. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is varied and very good!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
37  Thank mikytrepen
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Myself and 4 girls were moved to this hostel after BVJ Opera was said to be full (although we had made a reservation).
The hostel has a nice location, close to the Louvre, Hotel de Villes and the Seine. For French standards the breakfast is okay. And the hostel is clean-ish although it smelled like pee sometimes and the ticker blanket on the beds looked like it wants to be washed.
So far so good, especially concerning 30 euros per night.
What I didn't like about this hostel (or maybe the organization in general?) is that they seem to have some problems with their administration. We wanted to stay for two nights, but we could only pay for one night. The next night we had to arrange in the morning, after which we needed to switch rooms: so packing our backs and storing this in the luggage room for the rest of the day, because of course the new rooms weren't clean again. At first we thought that this was because we came there last-minute, but the line in the morning was so long, that this just seemed to be the policy.
The luggage room was said to be available only for people with a card, but after returning in the afternoon we could just walk in and grab our stuff (the lady at the desk was changed), so this was not so safe after all! It also smelled like cat pee in here!
Another thing that was kind of annoying were the large groups of school children: at night they would be running around the hostel, which was very loud. They were also shining with laser pens through the window and screaming to each other down the hallway.
So summarizing: short stay in Paris, wanting a good location for not that much money: yes!
Romantic get away with your lover: please spend your money more wisely.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends