“Excellent location and value for money”

Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris
Ranked #926 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in July '13. The room was of a good size for a Parisian hotel, the bathroom looked to be recently renovated. Both room and bathroom were clean to a high standard. The beds were comfortable and our room at the back of the hotel, had no view but was lovely and quiet. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful. We did not take the breakfast but the hotel is surrounded by more cafes, bars and brasseries than you can poke a stick at. Arts et Metiers Metro station is only a few steps away and worth a visit for Steampunk fans, having been redesigned and renovated in a fantastic steampunk style in 1994. A bus stop just around the corner is on the No. 20 bus line to Gare de Lyon for a fare of €2 per person. But best of all, the hotel is within easy walking distance from Notre Dame, Place de la Republique, Hotel de Ville and many more attractions. I would recommend this hotel to friends any time. Oh, and we had a fire alarm when another guest smoked in their room. We know the fire alarm works and may even wake the dead. ;-) The manager of the hotel apologised to all guests personally. Very professional yet personal service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear guest,
Your comfort and plaisure in our hotel are the most important thing for us and we are very pleased to read you had a great experience in Hotel Ecole Centrale.
We will be very happy to welcoming your friends and we look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Visited Paris to watch the diamond league athletics and do the tourist thing. I was told by my friend the Marais area was an excellent base to stay as it had good choice of shops/restaurants.
Luckily I found this hotel near Arts et Metiers - Metro. With its central location (Louvre, Notre Dame in walking distance) the rooms were of decent size, with a large double bed and good sized bathroom (with bath). All very good
For me and my partner the experience of staying in a hotel is not just about the rooms but how you are looked after by the people who work there.
My partner and I would like to personally thank Sham, who for our 3 days stay was always so pleasant, helpful and just made the our visit a more pleasurable experience.
I would recommend this Hotel to my friends and if/when we return to Paris I will have no issue in booking a return visit to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adey666

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience about Hotel Ecole centrale in the center of Paris.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 11 day trip to France with a majority of my Paris stays being at Ecole Centrale Hotel and I could not be happier! I give it my highest recommendation! First, the rooms were larger than expected for Paris (not American size but very nice and excellently appointed with wonderful new and elegant baths!) The beds were very comfortable and everything was very clean (cleaner than any place I saw in all of Paris!) and the location was outstanding (dare I say perfect?)! The M11 and M3 lines were just out the front door at Arts et Meteres plus there were nice cafes, stores (general, bread, health/nature and pharmacy) all within a couple hundred yards plus two ATMs near by. (On a side note, you leave the key at the desk when you leave; some have written they didn't like it but I found it easy, didn't have to worry about loosing it or who had it, and it made mre feel more secure.)
Second, and most importantly, was the staff. My travel companion had to go to the hospital (twice) plus a local doctor follow-up and they were not only concerned but very helpful in making what could have been a horrible experience into a necessary inconvenience made easier with their help and guidance. And on top of that, my friend lost/left his iPhone5 in the cab on the way back from the first hospital trip and the Desk Team and even owner/manager took a special interest in helping us report/find it. It ended up on Greece (thank goodness for insurance) but their concern and support were touching to both of us.
We can't fully express our gratitude for how wonderful both this hotel and staff were in making our Paris vacation so memorable... THANK YOU to everyone. When people care this much, I can assure you they will take care of you during your visit too!

Room Tip: Stayed in 501 and 301. Liked the view from the 'roof top' window rooms but also enjoyed the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for the precision of your experience in our hotel.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We had a very pleasant 4 days in Paris, thanks to the location and staff of this hotel and then another 2 days when we returned after 3 weeks of driving around France and Italy. The rooms are exactly as we expected to find in Paris, nice bathrooms, we stayed in two "grades" of room and there are differences as can be expected, but both were great. The staff were extremely helpful with directions, suggestions for dinner, holding our bags for the day and arranging a shuttle to the airport when the trains were on strike. The metro is 2 minutes away, and the Louvre can be reached with an easy hour's walk if that is what you prefer - lots to see along the way. We would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks a lot about sharing your experience in Hotel Ecole Centrale.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

excellent hospitality, great value, close to transportation (Metro across the street), . Close to conference venue. Its a small boutique hotel so its small but entirely adequate, very friendly service, no problem with language (English) Close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
calmeaucoeurdeparis, Responsable commercial at Ecole Centrale Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your visit and comments on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel on a next stay in the centre of Paris.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I was happy when we arrived. But this changed and I was bitterly disappointed . The location is good . It is safe and relatively clean. However when I asked for a corkscrew it was a non. There was no coffee maker in either rooms. The breakfast on the second day had no hot food . The waitress was lovely though. But the big thing was on the last day we were offered a wake up and a taxi. We ordered both. The next morning we were told the taxi was running late. It was ordered for 8.30. We were told late at 8.35. I pushed her to call at 8.45 and I was told quite nonchalantly that there were no taxis available. I had a small child and a Grandmother with me and our aircoach was at 9.30. I was told that it wasn't her fault and I wouldn't make it now anyway. I luckily worked out the metro quickly leaving with a bad taste for this place. I have travelled all over the world and never had any trouble getting a taxi from a HOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear guest,
We do not give corkscrew as unfortunately it is not possible to consume wine in our rooms because of bad experience with some customers in the past.
Regarding breakfast, we sincerely apologize and we had a problem with the person who was supposed to prepare the hot buffet that day.
To book a taxi at the busy hours monday to friday, it is better to do it the day before and because of your experience, we will create an information about taxis at the reception in order that any customer have the same problem

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel made me wonder how many small hotels there would be in Paris? Yes, also the Rue Bailly has one (which street doesn't). It was close to my conference destination at the CNAM in the Rue Saint-Martin. It was easy to find (Metro Arts et Métiers within 100yds) and practically on the Rue Réaumur. Friendly reception. Small room that comes with refrigerator (soda's only); a coffee maker; tv; airco/heather; small bathroom.. all simple and easy.
Breakfast OK. Coffee excellent. ANd if you need anything, a Carrefour City shop is across the street (Réaumur).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Hotel Ecole Centrale is in front of the CNAM and very close to Pompidou Centre and Notre Dame.
We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel on your next stay in Paris.