“Disaster”

Ranked #1,301 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Disaster”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Seriously, I do not know how this place is still in business. The owner is an arrogant little man who acts like you're stupid if you speak English. Unfortunately, we were in Paris during Bastille day weekend so we didn't have any other options, otherwise we would have bolted in a heartbeat. Customer service are two words that are absolutely foreign to the owner in every possible sense. Check-in took forever, trash was simply bagged and heaved down the stairs by maids, you get the picture. Our room (3rd floor) had no shower and the only shower we could use was located on the bottom floor, right next to the check-in desk (talk about convenience!) I could ramble on even more, but it's not worth the time. The only positive, and I literally mean the only single possible good thing I can say, is that it was very close to the Moulin Rouge, less than a 10 minute walk. Rooms are tiny; if you're smart you will not stay here. Ever.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Conner W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nimes
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed here only because all the other hotels under about 100 euros were full.
The room - ok, clean, reasonable size, good bed.
The shower - ha, I'm just glad I'm not too overweight or I wouldn't have fit into the darned thing. I warn you do NOT drop your soap. Does the job, but gee whiz......
The noise - shocking crashing and banging caused by overpowered closers on all the doors.
The stairs - if I was younger I'd think it somehow romantic being 5 stories up a circular stair with no lift. But I'm 61.
The breakfast - quite reasonable, coffee surprisingly unbad by French hotel breakfast standards, served by a smiling lady.
The location - great, right in Montmarte, 2 or 3 minute's walk from the Metro.
The guy at reception - you guys don't get it, this fellow was the original model for that cliche of gallic arrogance. He's a classic and should be classified! In my country we'd call him something else that would be edited out of my review, but you get the picture.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank gr8gra

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2012

When I arrived at the back of the reception some guy ( looked like working there ) was cutting his toe nails!!!!. Rooms were meant to have a bathroom. Our room had a plastic shower in the room corner and toilet outside. Recptionist was so rude. The building was really old no lift I had a feeling it ;s dangerous and can colapse anytime. People do not book it under any circumstance!!! When I walked into my room I started crying thats how bad it was!!!! me and my husband decided to move out and of course the receptionist didnt give us a cent back but it was impossible to stay there. Deadly turist trap. we found a way nicer place for the same pric just round the corner

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
2 Thank AnnaJohnny
Paris, France
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Don't bother with this place. I wouldnt even call this a hostel, let alone a hotel. I really wish i had read the reviews before i booked this place. First off, our view was a concrete wall. Second, theres no lift, only 5 flights of spiral stairs. Next, theres only 1 shower for 55 rooms (i think that should be illegal). Fourth, you can hear every single flush (and everything else) from the toilet (theres only 1 toilet on each floor). Fifth, we booked a double bed - its a king single at best. Sixth, the hotel (if you can call it that) was dirty and the montmartre area is quite dirty as well. The photos on the website are completely misleading. Our bedroom light didnt work.. Staff are very rude. Basically, i was literally reduced to tears of dissappoitment. We were ripped off. Definately not the romantic trip to Paris i had planned.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Pay the extra money for a decent place.
2 Thank Rhiannon717
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I have stayed twice in this hotel and although I agree that the fascilities are far from excellent it is in an excellent location within Montemarte. The Pigalle is also within walking distance and the Moulin Rouge plus lots of places to eat, metro stations, small shops etc. etc..
Admittedly there is no lift so you need to be fairly fit to carry cases upstairs and the shower is as described, a cubicle within the room. However the water is hot and plentiful and a good breakfast is included within the price. I would not descibe the proprietor as rude just rather 'French' and not enthusive although he 'phoned for a taxi for us and also when our friends were unable to get the shuttle bus to the airport arranged an early morning taxi. He also allowed us to leave our luggage in his office until the afternoon before we left for Gare de Nord and the Eurostar. The hotel is an inexpensive place to stay in the heart of Paris. To get anywhere near the price one would have to travel in from the suburbs or else pay considerably more for your room. The bed was comfortable and the room cleaned daily.

Room Tip: As there is no lift ask for a room on the 1st floor. There are also a few rooms with small balconie...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Telopea
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Rude Receptionist! I had 2 rooms booked in which he messed up, he then placed me and my family in a room that is catered for single occupancy, yet charged me for the price of double. when i tried to confront him, he pretended not to understand me and starting blurting in French. It is just what other reviews have written about him, they are all true. He is impatient.

breakfast was lousy. doors would slammed shut and they are not well functioned. the toilets are all located outside of the room and are always dirty. shower room, is located at the ground floor.

STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shienchii
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We were hoping quite a lot - the description stated that we would get a bathroom and a shower which actually turned out to be a shower-booth in our room's corner. The pipes of the showers of all floors went straight through our room and as it was very hot, we heard constant noise of water running through the pipes even at night. The first night was horrible.. We had to check whether our shower was leaking badly or was it just someone else having a shower upstairs. The toilet was shared with the whole floor. The older receptionist was very rude on our arrival. We were standing there, trying to approach him in French, and he was just minding his own business, slightly smirking. We learned quite soon to get there quite late to get a good sleep because the 'pub' next door was quite loud as well. And do not forget the scooters driving around until quite late. However, the location was perfect.. The room was clean (although we were paranoid after reading a previous review about bedbugs). The coffee in the morning was not anything impressive.. The only reason we would not rate the hotel as horrible was the fact that we do not know about the other hotels. I guess the price for that quality would be quite normal in Paris.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com