“Ideal for business travel”
Review of HotelHome Paris 16

HotelHome Paris 16
Ranked #19 of 170 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Providence, RI
“Ideal for business travel”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travel to Paris for business about 3 times a year for fairly long stays (10-14 days). Finding hotels in downtown Paris with the stingy budget my employer gives me is always the biggest headache. I've stayed in all sorts of places in Paris: In the suburbs, the business district (La Defense), hotel rooms downtown that were so small you really couldn't be indoors more than an hour. I've even booked pricier places, having to pay the difference on my own dime.

And then I found Hotel Home 16. Within my travel budget. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

As a business traveler, I need the following things (in addition to what you would normally expect: bed, shower...):

- Some space: Rooms here are really spacious: You get a nice big room, with a queen bed, a big kitchen, and a little alcove with a couch by the front door so that you don't feel "trapped" in your bedroom.

- The kitchen has a fridge for your water as well as a coffee machine (not that you would need it: There's a thousand cafes in the neighborhood)

- Wifi: Free, and worked perfectly well every day of the week

- A nice big closet to put your stuff away

- A safe, which is a must for me

- Cleanliness: Rooms are made and cleaned daily, mine was spotless every evening when I came back. I got clean towels every day

- An iron and ironing board: This is absolutely necessary if you are here on business, for obvious reasons

- Laundry facilities: Positively a game changer: I was able to pack lightly and wear the same set of clothes twice. Again, if you are here on business, it's priceless.

- Peace and quiet: The hotel is located in the ultra-safe 16th arrondissement. Further, there is a big police station just up the street. So it's very - very - quiet. This There is certainly some night life around (restaurants, cafes) but things quickly die down after 11 pm. Party scenes are plentiful a short subway or cab ride away (Champs Elysees, Motte Piquet...) but the hotel itself enjoys unparalleled silence in Paris. I don't know about the other rooms, but mine sat in front of a little courtyard so I basically never heard any sort of traffic, especially garbage trucks or ambulances which can normally be a bit of a nuisance in this city.

- Service: Everyone I met at the hotel was really helpful about everything. The fact that I speak French was not a factor: I heard them work with a number of foreigners and the level of service was the same: They all spoke very good English.

- Excellent public transportation (subway lines 9 and 10)

- Ease of use: The hotel gives you a door code so that getting in and out of the building, even late night, is no problem at all. This may sound odd, but I have run into major problems in other hotels in Paris (including chains like Best Western) because of this.

And really, when you think about it, for the very reasonable price of the room, all these things add up. It's called "customer value".

There is one recommendation I would make to the hotel: If you are going to cater to American tourists, you may want to consider investing in plusher bedding. Duvet covers, softer materials for sheets, that sort of thing. It's something that we're used to in the US. But again, it's a very minor thing.

In terms of the neighborhood itself: If you're thinking about the little Chinese restaurant just up the street, go for it, it's great and very affordable. The cafe across avenue Mozart for your daily grand creme is also fine. Everything else you might need (supermarkets, cabs, wine stores, take out delis) are all available on avenue Mozart, usually a short walk away.

Thanks again to Hotel Home 16. I will remain a faithful customers for many years to come.

Room Tip: I have not seen the other rooms. Mine was room 2 and it was really great for a single person or coup...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank karelva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Do you want a comfortable, clean, friendly and well located place to stay in a nice part of Paris at a reasonable rate? Then this is the place for you. Our ground floor room was quiet and we were pleasantly surprised at the size. The staff are very helpful and always pleasant.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 for 9 nights, which is located at ground level and looks out onto the leafy cour...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian W
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We just returned from staying 6 nights at this hotel. It was our first trip to Europe, we are in our late 40's and took our 13 year old daughter. Because it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary we wanted the privacy that an apartment would offer.
We stayed two nights in room 50 and it had one bedroom, living area, bathroom and kitchenette. It had a lot of charm and huge windows that swung open to reveal a small balcony and a street view. There were pretty fireplaces in both rooms with a nice big mirror above the one in the bedroom. Because of the mantel and natural light-this was a great place to do hair and makeup. The bathroom was clean and all white but the nice large tub had a low shower removable shower head and no shower curtain. My daughter and I just sat and showered, my husband stood and lifted the shower head up. Great water pressure, but awkward showering. The beds are really comfortable, we slept very well. It was also nice that sofa opens into two separate twin beds and we just opened one side and left it open, and still had half the sofa to sit on.

The next four nights were spent in room 61. It was spacious, it had two bedrooms. The very back bedroom had two twin beds, a desk, and TV. It was attached to a large open closet area and a bathroom. The bathroom was smaller but did have a shower. If that room had had the queen bed then it would be a master suite. Instead we gave the 13 year old the suite because of the twin beds. Our room was also big, bigger than the other, with a big open area closet, queen bed and a desk. The living area was nice and the kitchen area was much bigger. The sofa folds out to two twins. You could have 6 people in this apartment. The other bathroom is in the front of the apartment, and also has a shower. What we didn't like is that for all the space you trade in the charm. This apartment has no view, no balcony, and no old fireplaces. I also was sad that there was no mirrors other than tiny ones above sink. They need to put big mirrors above each desk in the bedrooms.
The elevator only fits two people at a time, or maybe one adult with two small children. It was not a problem, as we did not come and go more than once or twice a day.
The neighborhood is charming and you can walk to tons of little food stores. The best bakery is about 7 blocks down my the other Metro stop, the closest metro stop, Jasmin, is only 2 blocks and the bakery, Eric Kaiser, is close to Jasmin and it is worth the trip to either of those rather than the one right outside the hotel. The good seafood restaurant is right by the police station, that is by the 2nd Metro stop. It is kind of an oyster house but had tons of fish, shrimp and crab. On the other side of the road, down a bit, is a fun bar. It would get quite lively around 11 and it was a scene. It was fun to have one drink there and people watch a bit before you call it a night.

We took the Metro every day and used both of those stops by the hotel. It was quick, easy, and fun. We did walk home from the Eiffel Tower one night and it was around 11:30 and we felt very safe. We also got lost and a very nice french man walked us to right block.

We loved our trip and really want to return soon. We would stay at this hotel again. Not only because of the hotel, but also because we fell in love with the neighborhood.

Remember, the building is old so it has great high ceilings, however it also means that there are a lot of steps to floor 5 and 6, so you will use the elevator many times. If you are claustrophobic then get on a low floor, because I am not joking about it being very tiny.

I had the hotel do one large load of laundry, no ironing, and it cost 8.5 Euros. They did a good job and on the same day.

If I was running the hotel, I would be sure the mirror situation was better in the rooms. I also would have some preprinted directions about Metro stops and trains to use to get to the famous or popular areas. Changing trains can get a bit confusing.

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KristySTL
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My two adult sons and I recently spent one night here on a flying visit to Paris. The hotel is in a wonderful non touristy and quiet area and is very close to subway stations (we used Jasmin). The building is beautifully maintained and incredibly quaint although it also manages to have very nice modern kitchens and bathrooms. We had a 1 bedroom suite which had a double bedroom which had windows which opened on to the very attractive street. My sons had a sofa bed which converted into twin beds so it was perfect for our needs. We really felt we were getting a taste of a typically French apartment as our suite was very tastefully decorated in a very French style. We were very impressed with the spotlessly clean standard of all our rooms and there were some very nice touches like complimentary L'Occitane toiletries in the bathroom and mineral water in the fridge. There was excellent information within the room with many useful details to make our stay more comfortable and it was very peaceful and quiet at night. We enjoyed a fantastic meal in a local restaurant and it was made even more pleasant by the fact the area was not touristy so the other diners appeared to be local. The area is very settled and appears very safe - I am a female runner and was able to get up early and enjoy an 8 mile run along the Seine (which is only a few minutes away) without feeling in any way vulnerable. I will definitely be returning to Hotel Home 16 and intend to stay for longer next time!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Judith F
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel home 16. We had a 1-bedroom suite with sofa bed in the living room. The sofa bed opened out to two twin beds which was perfect for our two kids who don't like to share a bed. The room was on the 5th floor (6th for Americans) with lofty ceiings and lots of light from the large windows. It faced the street, which was nice for looking out but there was quite a bit of bus/car noise at night and also there seemed to be a motorcycle hangout nearby as many motorcycles were always pulling up or leaving. However, with the windows closed there was little noise. Luckily it was not at all hot during our visit so we didn't need fresh air while going to sleep.

The kitchen was very handy and we used it to have a few at home meals. Of course breakfasts with pastries from the bakery right around the corner but also from the Kayser bakery further up Avenue Mozart which I thought was a bit better. There is everything you would need within walking distance, many restaurants, many grocery stores, a couple of laundromats (one right down on Avenue Fontaine just 2 short blocks away. I recommend doing laundry outside the hotel; we did it there and three loads cost us about $30.)

I just really enjoyed the neighborhood because it was not full of tourists. We walked to the Bois de Boulogne which is very pleasant during the day. I also walked to Roland Garros which is about 15 minutes away. The Hotel home 16 would be a great place to stay during the French Open. Also, if you research the architect Hector Guimard, several of his buildings are very nearby and they are all worth a look.

The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The price was good for the amount of space we got and the fact that it was high season. We would definitely stay here again.

Cons: the street noise, and our bathroom did not have a stand-up shower, just a large tub with a hose and nozzle. So we couldn't take real showers but managed. Good water pressure and heat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The place has an old world charm. After checking-in we din't feel like leaving the room at all
Rooms are spacious, well-lit, clean and very quaint
There are many cafes and patisseries close by. It's also close to one of the subway stations
Virginie (Asst Manager) was very helpful and patient with all our questions
Highly recommended..I'd definitely go back there next time!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This is our 5th time staying at this hotel and we were not disappointed. We love this non-touristy neighborhood and the close proximity to two metro stations. (and close to shopping in Rue de Passy) There is an excellent boulangerie (bakery) right around the corner. The rooms have been renovated and were comfortable per usual. One of the managers (Virginie) booked us reservations at great local restaurants before we arrived since we staying on a busy weekend. My only recommendation is to bring earplugs since the street can be noisy in the early morning (but it is Paris and who sleeps in in this city?) We will definitely return for a 6th time!

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the highest floor possible
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family