“Excellent value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 155 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Located in Paris City, this apartment turned hotel is a great value. The rooms are huge with a small kitchen, sala and the bedroom itself is very big and spacious. The toiletries in the bathrooms are of a great quality. In addition, it's only a few minutes walk from the paris metro. If I were to have a complaint, it would be that they don't replenish toiletries every day even when we stayed for 5 nights when they would have replenished anyway if I had just stayed for just one day. As a result we had to scrimp.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janice G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

The twin, 1 bedroom suite we stayed in (No.11) was very well fitted in to a traditional apartment building, and makes really good use of the irregular floor plan - good sized shower, modern look and feel, very clean.
Again the kitchen is tiny, but somehow manages to fit in a fridge, sink, microwave, 2 electric rings and a half size dishwasher.
OK, you're not going to entertain on a lavish scale here, but the option to have a couple of meals here does give welcome flexibility
After my hesitant attempts at French the staff were kind enough to speak English with me, and were very helpful throughout.
My partner came down with a cold the last few days and with a very late flight home, I wanted to give her some peace and quiet. The staff did some juggling with rooms and allowed her to remain in one of the suites, while I took the children out for the day. Someone else later helped book our taxi to the airport. This sort of service perhaps gives some indication of the warmth and kindness demonstrated by the staff

Ideally you'll be out and about enjoying the sights and sounds of Paris but....... should you just want to chill out and/or keep children diverted for a while, it might be an idea to bring a couple of DVDs, as there is a player in the apartment.

I managed to borrow a DVD from a Rental shop nearby, despite my poor French, by leaving my Drivers Licence as security, before returning it next day

The staff provide excellent info and a local map showing shops and restaurants, Jasmin Metro station is 5 minutes away, you can walk to Bois de Boulogne quite easily. The neighbourhood felt very safe with some smart shops and places with beautifully presented food produce. Not too crowded, which is a welcome respite from the more obvious tourist venues that you'll no doubt visit

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank eldrytch
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I reviewed all feedback and bookd this for my Paris trip. No disappointments. The location is great. Close to metro line 9 (Jasmin). This takes you to Eiffel (Trocadero), Champs Elyses (Alma Marceau or FDR). Nice parisien locality with plenty of neighbourhood restaurents & stores. We are strict vegetarians, managed to survive. There is a pizza restaurent in Mozart ave, and a great lebanese restaurent with good lst of veg menu items. Close to Rolland Garros as many posts mentioned. Staff are very couteous. Room itself, the second ne we had has Eiffel tower view - superb sun-tanned structure in the day, turning to an elegant, range lit show in the eve, night. There is a chinese restaurent and bakery close by. With few convenience shos extremely close by. The toilets are clean, very functional, the 3br suite has plenty of breathing space for my family of 4. The kitchen was / is very useful. Having two wash rooms is must for early morning on-time departures. The lift accommodates 2 adults ( should say, thin:-). When getting suitcases in, i had to make one trip/ suitcase. Thanks to Trip Advisor and all reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jawz1964
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

This is an interesting concept. We stayed for just a single night, on a Saturday night. We never met anyone. Our room key was taped to the window on the reception/office on the ground floor (I think that we were lucky that the front door was open when we arrived, but I think we could have rung the doorbell). As part of the welcome packet, we were given extensive instructions in English on how everything operated, as well as codes for the front door. It was quite unique in its operation, but I feel that the value was excellent for Paris; and that this is assumedly largely due to the self-service aspect.

It was a real apartment - living room with sleeper sofa; kitchenette with pots and pans, dishwasher, microwave; bedroom and bathroom. It was fine for a short stay, though I must admit that I missed the personal connection that good hotel staff can give. But this would have been excellent for a longer stay, allowing you to really set yourself up.

It was very clean and orderly.

We loved the neighborhood, on the upscale side. Be sure to take some time to see the Guimard buildings. Fantastic!

The only contact I had was the phone call I made on departure to let them know we were leaving. Very friendly. But there is no way to rate "service" below because there is none.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bookmiller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed in Paris for a week and stayed here. It is a great place. We got the family room which is very big and comfortable with two rooms and two bathrooms. It is a very spacy and comfortable room which is sometimes hard to find in Paris for the great price we had. The staff is super helpful and nice. Location is good right a couple of blocks away from a metro station and a bus station. If I am back in Paris I wil definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jotin94
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

We had a terrible experience with our arranged "bed and breakfast", and wanted to find some other accomodations quickly. The staff at Hotel Home was fabulous-they were so helpful, not only with hotel arrangements, but with all kinds of other information, including international phone service stores, the best transportation for different destinations, etc. The philosophy of the owner is for this hotel NOT to seem like a hotel, rather like a flat where any native of Paris would live-Hotel Home 16 certainly lived up to that idea for us.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Heather C
Providence, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travel to Paris for business about 3 times a year for fairly long stays (10-14 days). Finding hotels in downtown Paris with the stingy budget my employer gives me is always the biggest headache. I've stayed in all sorts of places in Paris: In the suburbs, the business district (La Defense), hotel rooms downtown that were so small you really couldn't be indoors more than an hour. I've even booked pricier places, having to pay the difference on my own dime.

And then I found Hotel Home 16. Within my travel budget. Everything I need, nothing I don't.

As a business traveler, I need the following things (in addition to what you would normally expect: bed, shower...):

- Some space: Rooms here are really spacious: You get a nice big room, with a queen bed, a big kitchen, and a little alcove with a couch by the front door so that you don't feel "trapped" in your bedroom.

- The kitchen has a fridge for your water as well as a coffee machine (not that you would need it: There's a thousand cafes in the neighborhood)

- Wifi: Free, and worked perfectly well every day of the week

- A nice big closet to put your stuff away

- A safe, which is a must for me

- Cleanliness: Rooms are made and cleaned daily, mine was spotless every evening when I came back. I got clean towels every day

- An iron and ironing board: This is absolutely necessary if you are here on business, for obvious reasons

- Laundry facilities: Positively a game changer: I was able to pack lightly and wear the same set of clothes twice. Again, if you are here on business, it's priceless.

- Peace and quiet: The hotel is located in the ultra-safe 16th arrondissement. Further, there is a big police station just up the street. So it's very - very - quiet. This There is certainly some night life around (restaurants, cafes) but things quickly die down after 11 pm. Party scenes are plentiful a short subway or cab ride away (Champs Elysees, Motte Piquet...) but the hotel itself enjoys unparalleled silence in Paris. I don't know about the other rooms, but mine sat in front of a little courtyard so I basically never heard any sort of traffic, especially garbage trucks or ambulances which can normally be a bit of a nuisance in this city.

- Service: Everyone I met at the hotel was really helpful about everything. The fact that I speak French was not a factor: I heard them work with a number of foreigners and the level of service was the same: They all spoke very good English.

- Excellent public transportation (subway lines 9 and 10)

- Ease of use: The hotel gives you a door code so that getting in and out of the building, even late night, is no problem at all. This may sound odd, but I have run into major problems in other hotels in Paris (including chains like Best Western) because of this.

And really, when you think about it, for the very reasonable price of the room, all these things add up. It's called "customer value".

There is one recommendation I would make to the hotel: If you are going to cater to American tourists, you may want to consider investing in plusher bedding. Duvet covers, softer materials for sheets, that sort of thing. It's something that we're used to in the US. But again, it's a very minor thing.

In terms of the neighborhood itself: If you're thinking about the little Chinese restaurant just up the street, go for it, it's great and very affordable. The cafe across avenue Mozart for your daily grand creme is also fine. Everything else you might need (supermarkets, cabs, wine stores, take out delis) are all available on avenue Mozart, usually a short walk away.

Thanks again to Hotel Home 16. I will remain a faithful customers for many years to come.

Room Tip: I have not seen the other rooms. Mine was room 2 and it was really great for a single person or coup...