“A great and friendly place to stay when in Paris”
Review of HotelHome Paris 16

HotelHome Paris 16
Ranked #20 of 181 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The excelent reviews we read about this hote apartments opted us to make a booking and it was just as the reviews mentioned. The staff was very friendly and the location ideal, with a boulangerie just a step away for early morning croussant and bagguet. Could not resist to get some flowers from the shop just around the corner during the 10 days we spent there making the flat a home away fromhome for all the family. The aparment was reasonable in size for a four memeber family and was cleaned everyday. I would recommend it to any family who want something more than just a hotel room.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My mother, sister & I recently stayed at Hotel Home Paris and loved it. The apartment small but perfect for what we needed (since we were out all day exploring) and exactly what we expected in Paris.

The location is very chic, not overrun by tourists and close to the metro. The apartment very cute in its theme and the water pressure meant a relaxing shower after a long day. The highlight though was the staff, they went out of there way to assist navigate the tiny lift with our luggage, provide useful suggestions for local restaurants and tips for places to visit. Nothing was too much to ask.

My only negatives were the pillows need replacing and the construction site exit door meant if you felt like sleeping in it wasn't an option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I relied heavily on TA reviews when booking this hotel.

I needed more than just a room as we were 2 adults and 2 17 year old teenagers. Before booking, I specifically asked if the sofabed was adequate for the 2 teenagers and was assure it was...once we got there, it was obvious that it was not...and this kind of set the tone for our stay.

The good....the location was nice...quiet and you really felt that you were in Paris and not in a tourist trap. Plenty of cafes, restaurants and groceries, all within walking distance. The Jasmin metro station was just around the corner and it was really easy getting anywhere you wanted. The staff was friendly and helpful. Did not see them that much as we were there over the weekend. A/C worked well. Everything was clean.

The not-so-good....while the website indicates that the hotel is recently renovated, we had peeling paint everywhere. The doors between the living area, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette would not stay closed unless you just about slammed them...anyone getting up to use the bathroom would wake up the others in the apartment. There were broken things in the bathroom, like the handle for the shower sprayer. Why didn't they just fix that?

Paris is expensive...you expect that. I can't help but feel disappointed with this stay. I knew to expect things like a small elevator (you or your bag, but not both)...but I really expected the teenagers to be able to get a good night's sleep. Be aware that if your kids are over about age 10, this arrangement won't work. Had I known, I would have selected a 2 bedroom unit when I reserved.

1  Thank SMcBaker
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We just came back from our trip to Paris. After reading good reviews here, we booked 5 nights stay at Hotel Home Paris 16 as we are travelling with 2 kids and my mum. I must say I have made the right choice and the compliments I read from the earlier reviews are all true! I booked the family suite with 2 bedrooms. Rooms are clean & cosy. Kitchenette is very well equipped, can even cook a meal there if you wish to. My kids had fun taking the small elevator everyday too! We bot fresh baguettes from the bakery downstairs every morning. Metro is just 5 mins away and its on the same line with Eiffel Tower and Galeries Lafayette! Only hiccup is the aircon broke down during our stay and the taxi was late for our transfer to airport. However, good service from Thomas made up for all the inconveniences. We were even offered a night refund for the aircon breakdown. Will go back anytime we travel to Paris with family.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

We booked this apartment based on the Tripadvisor reviews, but we were disappointed. Maybe it was because we were in a different apartment to others that have stopped here. We were in no 2 which was very dark & gloomy on the ground floor and over looked the small courtyard garden area. Our front door faced the door to the laundry, not particularly appealing! The lounge area was small with no appeal to make it a comfy cosy place to sit & relax, so we never used it. The bedroom was a good size and the bathroom was small. The decoration was OK but again not very appealing. The kitchen area again was small but had everything you need.
The location is great, in a non tourist suburb which makes you feel like you're living with the real Parisians, but its very close to 2 metro stations which take you to all the key sights,
On balance it was OK, but given the cost, I felt disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't choose No 2!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for a week early June in a junior suite ( no lift ). Apartment was lovely with a view of Eiffel Tower from kitchenette. Jasmin metro station is about 100 metres away, great area felt very safe and comfortable to walk in. Only possible downside is that there is a building site next door, though to be honest it did not bother us as we were out most of the day. We walked to Roland Garos for the tennis and it took about 15 minutes. the Hippodrome Racetrack and Parc Des Princes are also walkable although you can get access from Jasmin metro. We would thoroughly recomend this Hotel and will stay here when next in Paris.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stayed here for three nights after visiting Lausanne, Switzerland. My husband and I were traveling with my two teenage daughters who have very strong opinions. As soon as they opened the door to the apartment (I held my breath waiting for their reaction) and all I heard was "awww, this is so cute". As we followed them in we continued to be impressed. Nice, well-stocked kitchen and nice size bathroom. I always wanted to "be that person" to open the shutters and look out the window and it was one of the first things I did and, of course, I had the girls take a picture of it. The girls got a hoot out of the teeny tiny elevator (lift). We miss it already. Book this, you won't regret it.