“Solo Traveler”

Ranked #138 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
San Francisco, California
“Solo Traveler”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Good size for one person. I loved the complimentary breakfast and free drinks and snacks throughout the day. About a 10 min walk to the closest metro stations. It was well heated but kind of loud plumbing, I could hear when everyone was taking a shower through the pipes. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Very good combination money and quality. Good location: nice area, well-connected to the public transport (metro St.George 5 minutes a part), calm room. Lock room for the luggage is provided.
Nice and supportive staff.
Simple but very tasty breakfasts

Room Tip: I asked for a room to the inside yard, so we could not hear any noise from the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have been to Paris a number of times and in the past have usually opted for apartment stays. I am, however, happy to have chosen Monterosa during my recent business trip (the week of 9 December 2013). I found the hotel clean and comfortable and the staff welcoming and friendly.

The room size (double) was decent and I found the bathroom rather spacious for a Paris 3 start hotel.

The location worked for me as the business meetings were in the neighborhood. There are good dining options in the neighborhood and within walking distance. Despite a good number of commercial establishments in the neighborhood the area is fairly quiet and safe.

I also appreciated the availability of hot/cold non-alcoholic beverages through the day including a fairly decent breakfast spread which was included in the room cost.

The nearest metro appears far on the map but is actually at a reasonable distance.

Overall I had a very positive experience and would consider stay in the same hotel for my next trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank A L
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Very good experience. Very clean, friendly staff. Nice breakfast and reception in the evning. Would stay here again as it was a very good experience and located very near my company office. I could not value the fitness center as I did not attend. Would have like to have a bar in the hotel but no problem as there are many right near the hotel.

Rgds

Room Tip: My room backed to the courtyard which was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jjgjr41
The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I must admit that I was a bit skeptical when I booked the hotel given the reputation of hotels in central Paris in terms of the premium that size of room and ameneties command. Considering that I was given a double room, and that the service was friendly, I am very pleased with my choice and experience. The breakfast spread may be limited if not basic but the "mini bar' between noon and late in the evening made up for it. I certainly will consider staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Having known that Paris hotels are typically small I was pleasantly surprised by the value for money at Hotel Monterosa. The rooms although small (but not too small that you can't move) were very clean, tidy and modern with nice decor. We stayed in a standard room so just had a double bed but next time would upgrade to superior just to get a queen/king bed as this is what I am used to at home. The bathroom was of a good standard with a really powerful power shower, one of the best showers from my experience of hotels. The only thing I would recommend the hotel is to provide bigger towels. The breakfast is good with a selection of breads, cheese,hams, omelette, fruit, pastries and soft drinks are provided throughout the day free of charge. Although slightly out of town the location is great, we like the walk so
It didn't bother us and there is some nice little bars and restaurants in the area. The nearest train station is St. George however place de cliche is not a far walk either. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
brooklyn
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was very happy with this hotel. It is in a great location near montmartre but on a quieter street, 2-3 minutes walk from the metro. The breakfast buffet was excellent and in a relaxed atmosphere. The room is small, but very clean. I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple