“the wonderful place”

Le Regent Hostel
Ranked #11 of 181 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. 6 people sharing one toilet that did not work. Roommates coming in drunk all hours of the night. Wifi does not work in rooms and was never given sheets. Carpets are filthy and black mold in the bathrooms. God help me that I may never have the misfortune of ever having to stay in such a hellhole again. I need a shower just having written the mere thought about this place.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Laetitia-Manager, Manager at Le Regent Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to us. Our customers are of extreme importance to us and our aim is to improve our service that's why your comment is so important to us.
We always do our best to make everybody's stay as nice and fun as possible and that's why we're sorry to read that your stay wasn't as expected.

Our rooms are cleaned every day and we are studying solutions against the mould in some bathroom. Usually when a technical problem is reported we try our best to fix it asap. So I don't understand what's happen about the toilets and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

Concerning the wifi access to the rooms, it's usually working properly but we are still trying to improve it.

About the other people drunk sharing the room, unfortunately we can't be responsible of the behaviour of our guests. But if you came to the reception to inform our duty receptionnist, he would have take action.

We assure that we're trying to improve our service every day to be better to make our guest's stay wonderful. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again for you to verify how much we improve with your comment.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at 2 different hostels in Paris (just felt like a change, not due to bad experiences). This one is incredibly close to the metro station (you can see it when you walk out the door of the hostel), and uses room cards (or the buzzer) to get into the main door - 2 great elements to increase safety.
I had booked to stay in a 6 bed room, at a very reasonable price, but this became even more reasonable when I walk into my room to find only 3 beds! There was a small table and chair in the room, as well as a mirror; and the bathroom was very spacious (for a hostel) and very clean! There was a bath and shower in one (haven't ever seen a bath in a hostel before)!
The desk staff were really friendly, and there were rooms to store bags before check in and after check out - I took advantage of both and everything was fine.
Breakfast and wifi came free, the wifi was really good and worked in the room - you get one code which you can use for about 20 days or something so it's great! The breakfast was very simple (Croissant or a roll with a hot drink) although I came to find this was just a Paris thing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in 3 bed dorm with own bathroom. Directions to the hostel are a little confusing from their website, it will take you 10 min to stroll there. Staff were really friendly, the breakfast is good and reasonable space to eat. This is probably the most social point for this hostel. Our room was 3x4m and was clean/ tidy. Area wise it is super handy to the Anvers metro station, the area is safe enough but towards Barbers is a little rough avoid that at night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hospedei-me com minha família em um quarto para seis pessoas com banheiro privativo no Le Regent Hostel, em Paris. Trata-se de um hostel clássico, com cozinha equipada compartilhada, área comum para refeições e uma pequena área de convivência. Tive contato com quatro atendentes e três foram muito solícitos (o outro foi um tanto frio). A localização é muito boa, permitindo explorar os bairros de Montmartre e Pigalle a pé, durante qualquer hora do dia, além de visitar o Moulin Rouge e a Basílica de Sacre-Coeur. Fica, ainda, a poucos metros de uma estação de metrô (Auvers, linha 2, azul escuro), que liga o hóspede ao resto da cidade de Paris. O quarto era bom, com três beliches, uma pia fora do banheiro e um banheiro completo. Os únicos destaques negativos eram manchas nas paredes do banheiro relativas a mofos antigos (não parecia recente, não incomodou propriamente, mas o aspecto era ruim) e cheiro de cigarro nos lençóis de uma das camas, o que exigia algum processo de higienização mais profunda do colchão. Em suma, a experiência, como um todo, foi relativamente agradável.

---

I have stayed with my family in a room for six people with private bathroom at Le Regent Hostel, Paris. This is a classic hostel with shared kitchen, common dining area and a small living area. I had contact with four attendants and three were very solicitous (the other was a bit cold). The location is very good, allowing to explore the neighborhoods of Montmartre and Pigalle by walk, during any time of the day, besides visiting the Moulin Rouge and the Basilic of Sacre-Coeur. It also is a few meters from a metro station (Auvers), which connects the guest to the rest of Paris. The room was good, with three bunkbeds, a sink outside the bathroom and a full bathroom. The only negative points were stains on the bathroom walls of an old mold (didn't look recent nor bothered us, but the appearance was bad) and cigarette smell in the sheets of one bed, which required some process of a deeper cleaning method of the mattress. In sum, the overall experience was quite good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I adore this hostel. There is a real international feel and every time I've visited, I've had really nice and interesting room mates and a gorgeous view of Montmartre. The hostel is cheerfully decorated and right in the cusp of Paris' Pigalle district, just opposite the metro and about 20 mins walk from Gare du Nord. A word of advice, be careful walking round here at night as a lone traveler, especially if you're walking from the station through the Barbès area, there are a few dodgy people hanging around. I highly recommend this place and stay here every time I'm in Paris. The rooms are clean for a Paris hostel but remember to bring your own towels and soap!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Katemakesfilms
Laetitia-Manager, Manager at Le Regent Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for your nice review. Our aim is to make our guest's stay nice and fun. My team and I are really happy to read that each time you renew your trust in our hostel.
Looking forward to have again the joy to welcoming you back many times.
Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Totally price worthy and above standard for a hostel, excellent staff, great croissants, great facilities (there is laundry machines, big equipped kitchen), location is amazing. We had 3 rooms, 9 people in total. All rooms were different. One had an amazing view of Sacre Caeur incl small mini balcony, other had view of courtyard yet included a bathtub! We had a great stay. The service is over the top for a hostel. There are plenty of common areas where people talk and connect. Tips about sightseeing etc are displayed on the walls. There are lifts for each part of the building.

I forgot my laptop in the room (hidden), it was located and Regent helped me with shipment to Toulouse (french town in the South). The personnel are trustworthy, multilingual and overall very helpful. You feel welcomed!

I would strongly recommend a stay and will come back.

Once again thank you for everything!

Kind regards,
Susanne

Room Tip: There is a free fussball game downstairs. Great fun!