“Very nice little hotel”
Review of Moris Hotel

Moris Hotel
Ranked #848 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on a long weekend visit. Lovely small hotel, where the staff is friendly and speaks excellent English (wonderful, because we spoke no French!) The room was small but clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and bright. Word of warning to my U.S.compatriates, there's no shower curtain and only a small waist high door. I was expecting this because I'd traveled to France before, but just a heads-up! Wifi was free and easy to use, which was a big plus. They also have a complimentary computer in the lobby.

The location has both pros and cons. On the pros list, it's located on a small one-way street, so it was very quiet, and had the perfect Paris ambience to it. There's a small shop 2-3 doors down where you can buy snacks, and there are a few restaurants too (no English speakers there, but we were brave and tried one anyway, and had a good meal!) The only con was that it was a bit of a hike to the main tourist attractions. But that just means we could justify all our yummy Paris meals!

If you want to experience a nice French hotel in a less-touristy area, this is a clean, friendly and reasonably-priced place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
moris h, Front Office Manager at Moris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear Lauren,
we really appreciate your detailed, realistic and happy comment! We hope it will help other travelers with their choice. We hope to see you again here in Paris.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The location was amazing, I walked everywhere. I was really happy with the facilities as well, everything was extremely clean and I couldn't have been happier! The staff was also very helpful, and I was relieved they held my baggage even after check out time while I explored Paris before my flight. Thank you for a wonderful experience Hotel Moris!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kellie,
we thank you for your positive feedback about your stay in our hotel. We are very happy that everything was pleasant for you. We really hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I will certainly consider this hotel for my next stay in Paris.
Hotel provides a shuttle for easy transport to the airport (18 euros per person). Reception desk is available 24 hours and will print out your boarding pass.

• Stayed: August 2014
moris h, Front Office Manager at Moris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Client,
thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at Hotel Moris and for giving us 5/5 points on cleanliness and service: those aspects are the most important for us.

I really hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, the receptionist upgraded us to a bigger room when we got there and let us check in early. The room was a little small but it was fine for me and my sister. Not sure though how a taller person might fare... The room was very clean and they tidied it up everyday. Free internet which was great. Overall a nice stay

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Jackie,
I appreciate your comment about your stay in our hotel. Thank you very much! I hope to welcome you and your sister again in Paris and don't forget to request a twin room: it's bigger! Thank you also for your positive feedback about the cleanliness, it's so important for us.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hidden in a little side street this well appointed hotel is very close to the metro and restaurants etc. We walked to the centre of Paris and the Louve from this hotel.
The staff and security work 24 hours and are very helpful.

Room Tip: I was traveling with my teenage son the twin room was very comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
moris h, Responsabile reception at Moris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Client,
it's withe pleasure that we read your feedback about your stay in hotel Moris. And we like the description you made about our street, rue René Boulanger. It's true, it's a semi-pedestrian street where you can find vey nice and not touristic restaurants and from where you can easily reach the most beautiful attractions of this town. We really hope to welcome you again in the future.

Thank you very much!

Michel/Reception Supervisor

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Moris from May 28-June 2 after the reviews seemed promising online. We knew we would be all over Paris so it's location to a metro hub and good bus stops was a plus. Our room was extremely small and I say that with the premise that we have travelled all over Europe and expected a small room, but this was very small. If fact, I order to close the bathroom door, you practically had to stand in the bathtub. The most frustrating part was the floor. They had installed laminate wood flooring that had either gotten wet or was not properly glued because it was severely buckled. It was extremely hard to walk and roll luggage. We complained twice, but the staff just looked at us as if we were nuts rather than offering to come look at it or offer us an alternative room.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ILMNCtraveler
moris h, Front Office Manager at Moris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Customer,
we are very sorry for the difficulties you found during your stay in our hotel and we apologize. The only thing I can say is that the problem on the floor of your room was circumstantial and tied to another sudden technical problem that has already been fixed. About room size: the walkable area of our rooms oscillates between 13 and 18 sq.m. They're not enormous, but unfortunately in Paris you can find smaller rooms than ours. I understand that it could be strange for a tourist. I hope you will give us another chance in the future to make your stay be a pleasant one and we thank you to have found time to write your feedback about hotel Moris.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights. It was clean and well presented although it was much smaller than expected. We did not have breakfast so can't comment on that. The people were all very helpful and spoke good English . I would certainly recommend

Room Tip: We were placed at the front of the hotel which we found noisy so we asked to move. We were moved no...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
moris h, Responsable réception at Moris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Trudy,
we thank you very much for your good review about Hotel Moris. We really hope to welcome you again in the future.