Context: I'm a speaker and travel to different countries to deliver talks then visit colleagues. I stayed here after speaking in Paris at a web conference because I wanted to be near a colleague in the 13th. We went out sightseeing every day.
The good: Clean, firm mattress. Good hot water and pressure. Useful room layout with nice closets, a stool at the window, and a place to put my (locking) suitcase. The service at the desk is reserved and they get out of your way so you can do your own thing, which I appreciate (although some might not).
The indifferent (but you might care): One outlet for charging means daisychaining to charge several devices. You only get shower gel and soap, no frills. I pack all my own toiletries, so I was relieved to not have those things junking up my bathroom.
The bad: No fan means no whitenoise and no way to cool the room. Heat wasn't an issue in May, but it will be later in the year. The wifi only lets you attach one device at a time. Rather cumbersome to edit flight reservations on my laptop then update them on my phone.
Conclusion: Good location and nice atmosphere mean I'll come back if I'm in Paris during the cooler months. They could improve these rooms by adding window fans to help with noise and cooling, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your accommodation in the Hôtel Magendie is ideally situated to discover Paris. In a quiet district close to the picturesque Butte aux Cailles, you are only a stone's throw from the Latin Quarter, the heart of student life, and from Montparnasse, the traditional painters' district. Leave your car in the car park and make the most of the bus, metro and RER, with stations close to the hotel, to explore the capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Belambra City - Hotel Magendie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belambra Clubs - Magendie Hotel Paris
- Belambra Vvf Hotel Magendie
- Belambra Vvf Paris
- Touring Hotel Magendie