“"This is a trust place."”
Review of Absolut Cafe

Absolut Cafe
Ranked #12,841 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed 3 December 2013

During my dinner at Absolute Cafe I had an extortion attempt by the waiter and manager. Service was terrible the entire night, but when I reviewed the bill to pay - I found that I was charged for an extra round of drinks.
Upon questioning this I was confronted by the waiter and manager who accused me of lying. I was even told "We are two French guys and we agree. So you are wrong." HA!
This went on for about 15 minutes. I actually felt threatened, so I stood up and prepared for defensive position... at which time they relented and told me "My mistake." "This is a trust place."
Never going back. Never advise anyone visit this cafe.
I

1  Thank fred1040

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My wife and I ate at this busy cafe twice and had a really nice meal each time. The waitresses spoke excellent English but as I am learning French I decided to order in French, the waitresses on both nights were very polite and helped when I wasn't sure what to say or when I didn't quite catch what they were saying. I can now order a 1664 with confidence!

1  Thank ITKen73
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This cafe is located just next to Central Hotel where we were staying. As non-French customers staying in Montparnasse, it could be intimidating to enter a restaurant and not being able to communicate with the French servers. However, at Cafe Absolute, there is a sweet young waitress working there who speaks English really well and is totally efficient and professional in her manners and she sure made us felt welcome, so much so that we ate there on 3 occasions during our 5 nights' stay at Central Hotel! Food and drinks were ok and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Ordered onion soup and omelette. I found that the soup was too sour for my liking and did not finish. The ladies offered me a glass of wine to compensate (at 5 euros,i didn't expect a refund) when i told them there was something a bit tart with the soup. The ladies in this place are great. If only they have crepes!

Good for a drink or small snack. Good omelette too. They also have reasonable prix fixe as well.

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Regular bar. Good service. You can have drinks from many places worldwide. The TAPAS were too simple.