“Wonderful experience!”

Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Château d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Description: Welcome to "la petite rose des sables", the warmest and most welcoming restaurant in Paris :) This family restaurant is very small (you can fit 6-10 people) and does not take reservations (especially through Hotels). The best way to eat there is to drop by and see if it's open / if there is space. Indeed, lots of friends come often so it can happen that there's birthdays, special reservations, etc. Due to popularity and for all the reasons above, Zouzou and Christian would like to host everyone but it is sometime impossible, try to be comprehensive and act with gentle manners. Moreover, we're very sorry for the people that were disappointed recently, Zouzou got her collarbone broken so the restaurant might be close from time to time with notice on the front door. Enjoy your stay in Paris Kind Regards - The little pink sands fan club
Reviewed 19 August 2014

It is very difficult to make a reservation here. I tried calling and was never able to find an email address. So when we got to Paris I tried just dropping by. They were closed but I saw someone inside so I knocked and Madame ZouZou came to the door. She spoke no English and I spoke no French but was able get across that I wanted to make a reservation. She brought out her book but they were going to be closed for the days that we were there.
I said thank you but Madame beckoned us inside and made us sit down. She brought sangria and menus! You have to understand that the restaurant was closed! She brought appetizers and more sangria, so we ordered. What a fantastic meal! She brought her husband out from the back (he's the chef) to meet us and took a picture off the wall and told us to find him in the photo. We were right and she brought us gifts! Then she brought us a homemade digestif that was so good. We were reluctant to leave but finally had to, so we asked for the check. Could you believe that it was 31 euros? When we paid the bill she brought us more gifts!
What a wonderful experience! We had been traveling for 3 weeks and this was the highlight of our trip!

22  Thank Valerie N

Reviewed 15 August 2014

What a delight ...This is my fav is Paris. I can not say enough about all that this place offers. I will have to recommend this place to all my friends. The food is not to heavy and service is excellent. We had a large group and this place was very accomodating.

19  Thank richard w
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Excellent food great place and the service is brilliant too. Really enjoyable experience..would highly recommend this restaurant.

18  Thank Barti E
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Beautiful restaurant ! Because the food is very good! And I'm fine, this restaurant is perfect!
Thank you!

17  Thank Willmcfick09
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is an amazing little restaurant with the most welcoming owners. We were immediately made to feel as friends, and enjoyed a really lovely meal. Not to be missed while visiting Paris.

14  Thank J0han1