“Wonderful experience with Babylon tours”
Review of Babylon Tours

and up
Semi Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Musee d'Orsay Must-See Tour
Ranked #18 of 542 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Babylon Tours offers an intimate experience for small groups and private tours with "skip the line" access to avoid the long queues at the museums. We entrust our services to the best informed tour guides: we have searched for the most knowledgeable and passionate people for each particular visit to guarantee you the best possible experience. All our tours have been designed to complement each other, interweaving history, culture, and Paris' most famous personalities in a seamless combination. Come with us and find the magic of discovering Paris and bring its history to life.
Torrance, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience with Babylon tours”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We took an evening group tour of the Louvre with Sam, a young American from Chicago. The last time we visited the Louvre, we went on our own. This time with Sam, we learned so much and enjoyed our experience so much more. My advice would be to hire a guide! It is well worth the cost! Sam presented the Louvre in a well organized, thoughtful manner. He gave enough information, but not too much. We were thoroughly engaged the entire time. We even had some extra time at the end of the tour, so Sam went out of his way to show us extra highlights that he usually doesn't have the time to cover. He also took us to an outdoor balcony area where we were able to take some wonderful panoramic pictures.
Tom, in the office, was also a pleasure to deal with. He returned e-mails immediately. I also had to change the date of our tour and he readily accommodated us.
This is a fantastic company! I would most definitely use them again and refer family and friends to them!

2 Thank 73frequenttraveler
BabylonToursParis, Owner at Babylon Tours, responded to this review, 19 December 2016
Thank you for sharing all these details! :D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Southold, New York
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Very Memorable Tour!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had traveled to multiple cities and took many group tours along the way. This was our first "private tour" and I have too admit we were spoiled by it. Our guide Arnaud was very attentive to our needs, questions and concerns throughout the time we spent together. We began our walking tour taking in all of the sites beginning on Cite, then a narrated adventure of Notre Dame, bridges, museums, cathedrals, famous areas of Paris a sit down lunch and finally the Louvre. The time with Arnaud flew by because he was very personable, animated and enjoyable when describing the various architecture, paintings and sculptures. He actually gave us a true sense of appreciation for not only the beauty but the stories that lied within. Highly recommended!

1 Thank chris m
Thank you very much for choosing us! hope to have you back very soon!
Richmond, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Outstanding Tour!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked the Louvre Tour before we came and this tour was absolutely outstanding!
We had Sam as our guide. There were 3 of us in our party and that's all - it was a private tour! When we arrived at the appointed meeting spot, we could see huge lines to get into the Louvre, but Sam said not to worry, there are 6 entrances into the Louvre. We had to walk a bit, but we found an entrance that was not busy and got in directly. Sam had to adjust his tour to our location, but he did this seamlessly!
Now the 3 people in our party spanned 3 generations - my 17 year old son, myself and my mother. But Sam was able to make the tour interesting and amazing for all of us, even though none of us are all that knowledgeable about art. My son is interested in history, so Sam focused on some paintings of famous battles, and my son really enjoyed that. My mom was reading the Da Vinci Code and wanted to see the paintings mentioned in that book, and Sam was able to focus on those too, including the Arago sign in the floor!
I highly recommend this tour!!!
There are many other tours - tons of them in the Louvre that day, and some groups very large. Remember waiting for the rest of the people in the tour wastes time. So pick the small group tours whenever you can, and select Babylon if you can as they are amazing!

1 Thank RmdGolfers
Thank you very much for taking the time to share all these details!
Naples, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Merci Babylon!! Merci Dario!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned from a trip to Paris with my daughter-in-law and 12 year old grandaughter, our first trip to this amazing city. I wanted to experience the Louvre in a way that would be not only sane, but memorable for all of us! After some research, I chose Babylon and explained to Tom when I called Babylon that I did not want a stuffy, intellectualized experience, but a tour that would give us a great overview and engage my grandaughter. Wow! Request delivered! Our guide Dario was wonderful--extremely knowledgeable, warm and gracious and our 2.5 hour tour flew by. We all loved the tour. By far the best euros spent in Paris! Thanks again Dario!

3 Thank Nancy S
Thank you for the wonderful review!!
Dario
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful! Best Tours ever!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a fabulous time in Paris because of Babylon! Sam and Arnaud were wonderful and it helped so much that they were from the US. They provided context, helped answer questions and were frankly invaluable! My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the walking tour plus Louvre and the Montmarte and Orsay tours. Without them we would have been lost and in fact once Arnaud left we did get lost in the Louvre. Fabulous experience and Thank you Babylon!

3 Thank Karek20
Thank you for the amazing review!