“Iconic Paris with good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Le Corail
Ranked #2,835 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Opera / Bourse
vancouver
“Iconic Paris with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant the first night we were in Paris. We were a bit early for traditional Paris dinner time, but we were welcomed heartily and the service was attentive.
The food was not extraordinary but it was very good and good value.
That hour over dinner made me feel like I had arrived, was back home in Paris -the traditional Paris that I knew from many years ago. Charming.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Braughing, Ware United Kingdom
“A nice pop in brasserie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I popped in here for an early evening meal and were met by friendly staff and a good menu choice. The Gourmandises de canard was vey good and had my favourite, gésiers, lovely. Well priced wine and all round, we had. Good meal. It is not a gourmet restaurant but serves well prepared and well cooked ingredients in the French style.

Visited July 2013
Eilat, Israel
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Our first day in Paris, staying at hotel nearby the bistro (2 minutes) - we ate dinner and were very excited that we return the next morning for coffee. On the second day we came back and sat down, over 20 minutes we waited for someone from the team would approach us - no one even referred to our presence - dismissive attitude, arrogant, no service - got up and left without the service - 10 days I spent in Paris - we did not return to it even once, even though we passed every day - I found another place that was welcoming and friendly much more

• Visited July 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“The plague - avoid it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I walked past here and people looked like they were enjoying themselves so we stopped to have some lunch here, it was not planned where we would eat at all. Walked in, and the waitress spoke in French, once I asked here to speak in English (in French mind you) I got a dirty look as if I was inconveniencing their day.

My wife and I both got the local chicken in olive oil and some herbs. Also with Taglitelli, which had *gravy* on top (only a little bit though), other than the first bite you were just eating dry pasta cooked in in salt water. No pasta sauce no nothing. Such a let down.

The chicken was in the table in under 20 minutes and was cold in the middle which is a tell tale sign that this was pre cooked and reheated in the microwave when we ordered it. The salad was tasteless and the €2,50 bottle of wine we brought from the super market was better than their €20,00 of Rosé we bought.

I asked for deserts which never came, they asked instead if we were waiting for our cheque. So we took the bill paid, and left as soon as we could. Will never return.

Visited July 2013
Milan, Italy
“Slip in quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I work a lot near Rue Lafayette and Cadet when I'm in Paris, and Le Corail always was one of my "secure spots" in the area. No more. Since last year the quality of foid slipped noticeably. Breakfast is decent, but let alone the rest.

To compound this, the service is the slowest in the Galaxy. Ask for your bill and be sure to have a Dan Brown novel with you while you wait: more than one time I was simply forgotten - literally.

Pity. But I see that other reviewers started to be disappointed starting with 2013, so maybe something happened to management. Go to Le Corail for a nice breakfast and then look for something better for lunch and dinner.

• Visited May 2013