“very reasonable. If you can get here...Go!”

La Cuisine de Philippe
Ranked #80 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: It opened in January this year at the location of the former Kiwi Corner restaurant. It has been rated on thefork.com website at 8.2/10. We've eaten there and found the restaurant to feature classic French cooking, extremely well prepared in a small congenial restaurant across from the Luxembourg Gardens. We sampled the dishes and found all of them very good to excellent. Nice choice of reasonably priced wines too. I particularly liked the Grand Marnier Souffle. The best part is the very reasonable prices which are shown on the thefork.com website.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

If this restaurant is not the best value in Paris then I had a unique experience. The atmosphere is great, the food is great, the wine is great, the staff is great! Did I mention location. Take a walk trough the Luxembourg gardens before dinner. If you can afford 60$ per head plus 6$ per very generous pour of the excellent house red, put this place at the top of the list of things to do in Paris. We were here mid August and had to make reservations 2 days ahead.

2  Thank Paul P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We ate here on our last night in Paris in June. It had been full the previous nights when we tried to get a reservation. We were aware that the menu focused on souffles but there were plenty of other options. We both had the lobster bisque soufflé for entrée which was very good. My husband had the duck for main course which he said was superb. My choice of the fish, which I do not often choose in a restaurant, was also excellent. We found the service friendly. The owner and chef came out and talked with each table which was a nice touch. The fixed menu was reasonably priced for the quality of the food.

1  Thank Kiwi-Traveller2
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a wonderful small (and casual) restaurant that has amazing soufflés. They offer a fixed price menu that was reasonably priced. The lobster bisque soufflé was delicious but my husband had the cheese soufflé and it was ethereal! Our entrees (ravioli and duck) were very good although not quite to the level of the soufflés. For dessert, I had the Grand Marnier soufflé (don't be ashamed to order 2 soufflés in one meal) which was also ethereal. I was delighted when a bottle of Grand Marnier was placed on the table for me to top the soufflé at will! My husband had the apple tart which was delicious but it was topped with a small scoop of the most amazing ice cream. Elizabeth was the only server but we never felt neglected. Chef Philippe came out of the kitchen to introduce himself to each table which was a welcoming touch.

1  Thank Onecindi
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant ...a true paradise! The service was excellent, but discreet.Absolutely sensational . The best meal we have ever had by far . We can't wait to go back and are already looking to book another trip.

1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Many pluses. Food is typical French cuisine so you get a good French experience. Philippe will come and greet you who is a very nice feeling. Place is small but you will feel comfortable and forget what time or day is! Expect to pay 40 euros per person with drink and this is definitely a hefty amount for some. I would go again, it added so much to the experience of the French gastronomy we had... Only drawback that we paid with cash so they just didn't give us any receipt of legal type which most probably means that they pocketed the tax surcharge. I wouldn't ruin my moment by asking for one since it wouldn't bring any benefit to me and anyway they should bring a legal receipt on the first place themselves!