“Kept our teens energized and interested”

Paris by Martin & Friends
Ranked #5 of 148 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: PARIS BY MARTIN, is a very unique alternative that offers you to walk and ride through history, to experience the flavours of Paris, the charming aspects of the city and much much more. It will be part of your most memorable experience in Paris. We recommend you to join us on your first day in Paris because we will open the city on perspective for you like never before. We will also give you advice to take the most of Paris during your stay and we will be available in case you need us. Welcome to Paris by Martin, your friend in Paris!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived in Paris with a group of 7 from age 10 to 60. Martin infused his love of Paris into his story-telling as we walked thru some of the most historic areas. At this point we had already been in Europe for 10 days and our teens were burning out on history, ruins, and classic sight-seeing stuff. Martin was completely different. His energy and joyful sharing of his city was infectious. It was easy to spot the 10 year old because he dogged Martin's every step.

When we left Paris, we reviewed our 4 days and everyone agreed that Martin's introduction to "his Paris" and his "life on a map" was our favorite memory.

Thanks Martin for an engaging day.

1  Thank Delta3MM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

If I could give Martin a million stars, I would. Where to start? First of all, Martin is a wonderfully congenial tour guide whose knowledge of his native Paris is matched only by his passion for sharing it with others. His tour is uniquely tailored to the background and interests of those who take it. Martin engaged us in a dialogue not only about Paris, but about what we wanted to get out of our tour. Do you like food? He'll show you the best restaurants. History? He'll do his imitation of Napoleon and talk about his victory at Austerlitz. The Arts? He'll explain how one becomes a member of the Comedie Francaise. Yes, you'll see the touristy highlights. The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, L'Opera, Notre Dame. But you'll see them -- literally -- from a different perspective than on other tours. A much more personal perspective. Martin loves sharing the little details that make even the most familiar sites come alive in a new way. He is a master storyteller. And the man pays attention to details. When he found out I was a vegetarian, he worked Paris' first and best vegetarian restaurant into out tour. He is so very dedicated to providing the best tour experience in Paris -- and boy does he deliver! And his help doesn't end there. He is available 24/7 during and after your stay in Paris. You get the sense that once you take his tour, he is your friend from that point forward. I was suffering from a very bad cold during our tour, and he even told me that if it got worse I was to phone him so he could recommend a doctor! The best thing I can say about Martin is that Paris is his city, but by the end of his tour, it's your city too. Thank you, Martin.

1  Thank Goodney
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Martin led our family on a wonderful walking tour of Paris yesterday. He met us on time, was well prepared, and brought a great energy to the experience. We learned a lot-not just about Paris, but about wine, cheese, and even a little history about the U.S. that we didn't know. As fun and interesting as the tour was--what makes this stand above any other tour we've ever had was the degree of personalization and customization. Martin shared with us a detailed map for future use and insists on being available for emails, texts, or calls throughout the trip. He has a true passion for people--not just Paris. We enthusiastically recommend Paris by Martin!

2  Thank joek842
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do Martin and Claudia justice here but I will try.

First let me just say, I miss you guys and wish we had more time to spend with you. The pics and video are amazing...thanks so much! And please, if you ever do make it here....contact us, we'd love to return the favour....I can't promise as great a tour....but I'll get you to a jays game!

So, where to start?!

I contacted Martin after finding him here on trip advisor almost a year ago. I enquirer about a ton of services....all of which he said he could accommodate. We settled on two excursions, one being a paris night walk with picnic the second being vintage shopping at a market.

Martin is incredible at customer service. Every email I ever sent him was returned very very quickly. I have to say, we emailed so much I felt like I knew him prior to arriving in paris.

Martin planned everything. My wife has terrible terrible food allergies to wheat, gluten and dairy. Not only did he make sure that the picnic fit her dietary needs, he made sure he mapped out all the places that she could eat within 20 blocks of our hotel. The cheese was amazing, the wine was awesome and the gluten free breads were definitely the best we've ever had. Not only did he plan the perfect meal, he helped me plan a second proposal to my wife on the banks of the seine by pont neuf as the sun was going down....it was perfect. And Claudia caught it all ( including my hack job French) on video. My wife was completely shocked, my first proposal.....well it sucked. She finally got the one she deserved. It truly couldn't have been better...well except for my French...lol

The tour that night was amazing. We learned of the typical tourist wants but had tons of left bank fun too. Including some one off information and some of the best ice cream I've ever had!

His energy and passion for the city and his customers is unparalleled.

The vintage shopping was amazing as well. So many interesting and beautiful things. My wife score some vintage designer clothes and I came out with a vintage tissot watch that I will wear forever. Even Martin scored some little treasures....an amazing day and lots of fun with Claudia and him. They had other customers later that day and felt bad that we were holding them up. They took care of everything, metro tickets, water, pictures (Claudia you are very skilled my dear....thank you) lunch if we wanted....everything.

All this plus we had a map all marked up with what to do and where to go customized to our wishes. Martins emergency number if we needed for anything day or night (aka the bat phone as I referred to it) everything, I mean everything was planned and executed without a hiccup.....damn I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Honestly folks, you cannot afford not to do a trip with Martin and his friends. They make you feel right at home and the centre of attention. I have never experience commitment to detail like Martin's service. He even has his own fleet of strollers for those of you with kids! Pretty sweet as a parent to not have to worry about this kind of thing I thought...even though my wife and I left our 2yo at home with her sister.

They take care of anything you want....and can even accommodate very difficult food allergies and provide you with the locations of restaurants and super markets that can accommodate those food allergies. He even shows you how to buy wine and all the shops that have the best baguette, cheese, macaroons, books....everything!

If you have never been to paris....Martin and friends are an absolute must...especially for the cost which is extremely reasonable for all that they do! If you have been to paris and want to see a different side than the typical tourist stuff...this guy is also for you.

Thank you Martin, and thank you Claudia....you truly made our trip! I only hope we get to meet again....we love you guys!

A true friend in Paris.

P.s sir.......Go jays go!

We expect to see you both in Canada sometime....can't wait!

3  Thank Whiskeynewf
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Start your trip with a private bike tour with Paris by Martin. They get you oriented so you understand how to get everywhere. They give you the history the tour books gloss over, so you not only see the sights, but appreciate their beauty by learning their origins. I can't over-recommend these guys

1  Thank srogers1