“Worst steak i have ever had!!!”

Royal Opera Restaurant
Ranked #14,166 of 18,471 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hope of the red bus tour and drop by this restaurant as it was the nearest and looks good. Regreted. Meant for a one timer tourist! Hardest steak i have ever had in my 50 years!!!! Stay away if you treasure your digestive system!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stopped into this cafe out of convenience after a long day of sightseeing on the way back to our hotel. We asked to sit outside on the patio and initially told the waiter we only wanted drinks. However, there was a food menu on the table so we looked at it and decided we might order something. When the waiter saw me looking at this menu he yelled at me and informed us we were sitting at drinks-only tables, whatever that means. He did the same to the people behind us. I don't go to restaurants to be yelled at. Wouldn't go back. Ever.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped by this cafe on the way back to our hotel across the Seine. We were greeted immediately and given a table, but the menu took us my surprise. You can totally tell that that this place is a tourist trap as they have unbelievable prices. I know Paris is expensive but 5.5 Euros for a Coke and 18.5 Euros for a cheeseburger? We just had an amazing lamb/duck entree dinner outside of the tourist area the night before for cheaper!

Plus the service is terrible. The waiter never brought us our pomme frites that we ordered (and he repeated back to us), and then we had to ask for the check 3 times and still waited about 30 minutes. It was only before I had to give him a mean look before he gave us the check. Seriously we thought about just leaving a couple times - it was only our morals that kept us sitting there.

I would definitely recommend doing a little bit of research and going somewhere else. We did not have a good experience.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

What a cheerful typical Parisian cafe/bar not far from Opera, packed with happy shoppers, and staffed by very helpful waiters. A great place to drop in for lunch or a drink while you're hitting the Grands Magazins! Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

The Royal Opéra is localized in the very front of the Pyramides métro station, which makes it absolutely easy to find. We (2 ppl) chose the Menu of the Day, which, in one case, consisted of an appetizer (a rather flat salad) and a boeuf w/ fries, and a pretty good lasagna and chocolate mousse for dessert (this one specially good). We had also a white wine of the house, which was cool and fresh (oh, the French wine...). The menus are available in several languages and the waiters were pretty nice while we were there. It's not the best restaurant ever, but for €16 each, we had an overall good experience.