“Service?”
Review of Boutique Maille

Boutique Maille
Ranked #31 of 713 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Maille is a specialist retail boutique of mustard, vinegar and kitchen accessories. The brand was established in 1747 by Antoine Claude Maille in France.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I live in Paris and entered twice the small and lovely Maille shop on Place de la Madeleine.
Twice I left empty handed: despite the fact that there were three sales girls, anyonly another client, not one of them offered help or even deigned to say hello ( or goodbye for that matter).

I needed advice, I waited, I waited and waited hoping they would eventually end their petsonal co versatiln, which after 10 minutes watch in hand did not end.

Not the kind of service you expect in a flagship store.
The girls are too young, do not care, do not give a damn.

Too bad, will not return, nor buy the gifts I had planned to. But do they care? nah!

1  Thank Romana2002
Maille B, Manager at Boutique Maille, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Good evening,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience in one of our boutique. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. At Maille we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations on this occasion.

We have informed the Paris boutique of this incident and will to take steps to make sure this will never happen again.

We deeply value your relationship with Maille and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service.

We hope you will visit us again.

Best regards,

"euros"
in 3 reviews
"champagne"

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a must stop on your visit to Paris. While the prices for mustard are a tad high, there are well worth it considering the various and unique mustard flavors they have available. The mustard are delicious, and you can even taste them at the pump bar they have in the store. I opted for two crocks of mustard, filling them with the dry white wine and the truffle flavors. You can take the crocks back to the store anytime for a refill. I would recommend purchasing one of the small spoons if you get a crock because most spoons won't fit into the tiny opening. Delicious mustard!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I love mustard and Maille is a favorite. had to visit their store in Paris. There were so many types of mustards. Most.. If not all ....of these specialty mustards are not available in the US. They had 4 mustard taps and samples on the counter. It appears that some mustards are seasonal. The variety of mustards was amazing. There are crocks available that they will fill for you from the Mustard Tap.. Had no problem getting them back home by packing them in my checked luggage. A little pricey for the crock and tap mustard. A foodie treat and a must for MUSTARD Groupies.

2  Thank LARRYOTTER
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Thank you ( again) tripadvisorfor a great suggestion! We love mustard and Maille is a favorite. When I read the reviews I knew we had to visit the store. There were so many types of mustards. Most.. If not all ....of these specialty mustards are not available in the US. They had some samples on the counter but all the others are in a drawer available to try. It appears that some mustards are seasonal and not all of those mentioned by previous reviewers were available. The variety of mustards was amazing. There are small crocks available that they will fill for you and when you return to Paris you can bring it back to be refilled! The clerks were helpful and we left with mustards, gift bags and recipes...