“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Since it was close to our hotel, we had a couple of dinners here and really enjoyed them. We had the risotto scampi and the ravioli du royans the first night, and the penne arabiatta and white pizza with smoked salmon the second night. We also had the molten chocolate cake here and it was delicious. The service was quick, attentive and helpful with the menu. Great terrace for people watching and enjoying the lively neighbourhood of Place de Clichy.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I realize that most people review restaurants for dinner meals, and we did have two of those at this restaurant, too. It was close to our hotel - which was part of the reason we returned a few times, and we enjoyed the atmosphere, staff, and the food.

But what I enjoyed the most about this little place is the amazing hot cocoa they make in the mornings. We had breakfast here 3 of the mornings that we spent in Paris - we came back each time for the hot cocoa and croissants. The cocoa is more Italian style than French, as it's quite thick and rich, but as a chocoholic, it's to die for! Priced just shy of 6 euros, though, so it's definitely not inexpensive. The staff was pleasant, allowing me to stumble through my attempts at ordering in French without giving me a hard time.

We spent a couple of evenings enjoying the people watching and wine at this ideally placed cafe as well. The food was good, though not over-the-top spectacular. But we did find a wine that was quite delicious - their cheapest white wine (21 euros per bottle) was very good. Smooth, and not too sweet.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great food and staff just beware drinks are expensive and go up in price after 9pm. I ordered two Sprites, one before 9pm and another one after and paid two different prices. I think it was 6 euros and 7.5 euros which converts to about $20 for two Sprites....ouch!! You could get 5 cases in the US for that price! But the food was great and the staff was so nice, I would go back there for sure!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had dinner here with a couple of friends.
The room is nice and rustic with a "old fashioned" interior.

Food was good, nothing especially memorable.
Staff was friendly and service was fast.

A good meal, nothing out of the ordinary

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a great experience in this cafe/bar. We had a lovely lunch, the service was quick, friendly & polite, the food was delicious. My wine wasn't wonderful but fine at €4.50 a glass.

We returned the next evening for drinks (only being round the corner from our hotel) and again found the staff helpful and friendly.

There was a great atmosphere both during day & night and the staff were excellent.

It may be a bit pricey but we found this with most places we ate in.