“Good value for money”

Ranked #77 of 133 Paris B&B and Inns
Nice, France
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in March 2014. I booked a room with private toilet for €61 per night. The lady at the reception was very friendly. I stayed in room 19 which was a big room (for Paris standards). It was on the 5th floor. There is no lift in this hotel.
The hotel and the room were a bit tired, very basic with old furniture. The bed was comfortable although the bolster pillow was not. The sheets were clean and the room smelled fresh. The bathroom was fine, towels and toilet paper were of course provided but there was no soap. The room had a long balcony with a great view over the street below and the Saturday morning food market in the square opposite the hotel. You could have breakfast in this hotel for €5 but I preferred to go to one of the local cafés nearby.
In general, I found this hotel to be very good value for money. The location is fantastic, walking distance from Notre Dame, the George Pompidou centre, etc. I would recommend it for people who are looking to save money on accommodation and who can overlook the old-fashioned, tired aspect of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor so that there is less street noise (but keep in mind that there is...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SCM96

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Booked the hotel the day before as we extended a trip in Paris, great location, a few minutes walk from the Marais nightlife, decent price, superfast Wifi, deep bath, couldn't ask for more really, would use the hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jamie B
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. We requested a room with a balcony and loved the view onto the charming Paris streets. It was a basic room, nicely remodeled bathroom and in a great location. Convenient walk to the river and Notre Dame, walking distance to the Louvre and close to the Les Halles metro stop (where the RER train from the airport drops you off). It is also right around the corner from a Meilleurs Ouvriers de France Bakery with AMAZING croissants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank aneessa m
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've stayed here twice - as a cash-strapped student in January 2000; and again in September 2007. I've stayed in four different rooms (each time I travelled by myself, and then met up with friends/family for the last few days of my stay).

Each room has a view of mansard roofs, the Hotel De Ville (especially evocative lit up at night time!), or Parisian street scenery. Rooms are simple and similarly furnished, some with showers, others (the single room), without. A clean shower and bathroom (with lockable door) is available to all who don't have one in their room. Some rooms have a balcony onto Rue de Rivoli. You can buy a cheap glass vase nearby and a bunch of flowers at one of the nearby markets to really make your room feel cosy.

The rooms and hotel are spotlessly clean. If you're in a rush, you can order baguette (comes with butter and jam), and a coffee for breakfast.

The hotel is situated in the eclectic and chic Marais, with independently-run fashion boutiques lining nearby laneways, the best lemon baked cheesecake available in Rue de Rosiers, Place des Vosges within 5 mins, the metro within easy walking distance, nearby department stores to stock up on essentials and a bottle of wine, and the Pompidou Centre for modern art - it deserves more than one trip! It's also a reasonably safe area to stay.

Staff are friendly (some absolutely delightful), polite, and easygoing. If you're on a budget, or would just like to stay in a clean, friendly hotel in a terrific location, make this your top pick.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank SusieMaloozie
Hayward, California
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed here in college (when I couldn't afford much). This was an amazing location and had pretty good amenities for the price.

Don't ask them to speak english (of course, they can) - they will want to speak French, which is not too surprising.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank cardott
Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We chose this hotel for my 1st trip to Paris in Oct/Nov 2012 as my wife stayed here 13yrs ago so I had a heads up on what to expect. We booked a room which had a shower, toilet and basin, this is a very wise move as not all rooms have these. The rooms are small but adequate, no refrigeration, or tea, coffee making facilities or TV, having said that, we took along a 240 volt element and boiled our water, problem solved for hot drinks. Our room was on 5th floor and as there's no lift you have to carry,drag your luggage up the stairs, great exercise, not! says my wife.
They are the negatives and positives are just that, Positive!! Fantastic location smack bang in the middle of everything you would want to see in Paris and the best thing is we walked everywhere!
Louvre was a 20min walk, Bastille 20min, Eiffel Tower 45min you name it you can walk to it and the Musee Carnavalet is a must. Grab your Lonely Planet or Google the hotel and you will see my point. Yes we are going back to Paris in 3yrs and yes we're staying here again, the staff were friendly and speak english but perhaps I was lucky as my is French, so much easier!!

Room Tip: Book a room with amenities and balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joc52
Blackrock, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here for a week during last Spring. The staff were really friendly and it is so well located at the very end of this famous Paris street. We had our child with us and it was perfect for him too. We will be staying here next time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family