“Fantastic classes!”

and up
Wine Tasting Session in Paris with Expert Sommelier
Ranked #3 of 122 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in central Paris, we offer French Cooking Classes, Market Visits, Patisserie Classes, Wine & Cheese Tastings and Hosted Gastronomic dining. All our events are in ENGLISH! Our experiences are unique as they not only involve intense tasting but also sharing fun and surprising stories to discover FRENCH CULTURE through FOOD.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic classes!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We decided to take two classes (the Market Visit & Cooking Class and the Advanced Macarons Class) at Le Foodist while vacationing in Paris and were really happy we did. Fred and Amanda are very knowledgeable and great instructors. Our classes were small so we had the benefit of one on one instruction and we enjoyed that they were hands-on classes. We even got to take back a box of macarons at the end of the class. We highly recommend taking a class or two with them - you won't be disappointed you did!

Bonjour Lisa,

I remember you indicated you might become a Tripadvisor reviewer just to give us feedback - thanks so much for taking the time to do so! And indeed in all our (macarons) classes, students leave with a box of macarons. And we agree: people should take two classes with us :-)

Thanks

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Pastry class with Le Foodist”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our class at Le Foodist, where we learned to make eclairs and cream puffs, was one of the highlights of our trip in Paris! Our supervisor, I believe her name was Amanda, had a perfect balance of making sure that we did everything right without being condescending or overbearing. It wasn't like we sat there and watched her make them for us, like many culinary classes - we actually made them ourselves. Everything was very neat and organized and enjoyable. Afterwards, we enjoyed our treats over tea and coffee with Amanda and her husband Fred. They own Le Foodist and it was very nice that they took the time to get to know and chat with all of their clients. Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience for a pretty reasonable cost. I would highly recommend this class to anyone wanting to get experience in French patisserie!

Bonjour Gretchen,

thanks for highlighting the fact that the classes are fully hands-on while we try to not be overbearing (maybe we do not always succeed, but we try). Let us know if you reproduce your experience with friends.

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A really memorable experience!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was looking for a unique cooking experience in Paris and thoroughly enjoyed our "Sweet Stories Macaron" class. The class was small and intimate with lots of hands-on work and 1:1 instruction with Chef Amanda. We had a class mate whose batch of macaron shells didn't turn out right, so we helped make a new batch. It was actually helpful to learn from, especially since I've only ever heard "macarons are so easy to mess up!". But, the best part of the experience was after all the baking. We all sat around the table and enjoyed great conversation over tea and macarons. I'd totally do this again. The space is modern, cute, and in a great location. Plus, Amanda and Fred are very personable and entertaining people. It felt like having dinner with friends. ;)

Bonjour Cherry,

learning from others mistakes is a great skill ;-) We are very glad to hear you enjoyed both the hands-on time and the teatime experience. And yes, we believe you were with friends.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I took the advanced macaron class and really enjoyed myself. I learned the basic methods and now I am eager to return home so I can practice. I amazed friend here in Paris that I had made them. I especially enjoyed that it was a hands on class.

Bonjour Douglas,

indeed we keep our classes very hands-on as we find this is the best way for people to truly learn and reproduce successfully the recipes at home. I hope it works out fine for you too.

New York City, New York
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

While planning our 1 year anniversary, I was looking for a fun filled activity to surprise my girlfriend. I knew we would see the sites and indulge in the Parisian cuisine throughout our vacation. But I was looking for something more.

When I stumbled luckily upon Le Foodist, I found so much more than I was looking for. Amanda and Fred are amazing people. Their love for one another, Le Foodist and their guests is evident in everything they do.

Amanda shared insights and stories as she guided us in the Advanced Macaroon class. 3 hours passed by so quickly as we all laughed and enjoyed the afternoon.

But the best part of the experience was the teatime with stories. Traveling is about interacting with locals and learning to see the world through their eyes. Within minutes, Fred engaged all his novice chefs as though we’ve been friends for years.

Lastly, I learned how tea made its way to England from France. Fred shared his childhood book Asterix. I bought a copy from Shakespeare and Co for my nephews to read. Hopefully they too will reread the book in 20 years and see everything anew. And then they will visit Le Foodist in 2034 and tell you how they found your cooking class.

Bonjour,

thanks very much for your nice compliments about Amanda and I - I certainly agree that Amanda is amazing! And it is very nice to hear you found Asterix at Shakespeare and Co. We can't wait for 2034 :-)

Merci