“Wish we had read the reviews! Awful!”
Review of Concerto Elysees

Concerto Elysees
Ranked #13,855 of 17,315 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
“Wish we had read the reviews! Awful!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We wanted to find a quick lunch spot and stumbled across this place and decided to share a pizza. This was slammed down on our table, burnt, by a silent and unsmiling waitress. When we asked for an extra plate you would have thought we had insulted her grandparents. Oh and the pizza was not only burned but tasted of nothing. She also hovered over us while we got cash out for the bill, needless to say even her intimidation didn't result in a tip!

1 Thank Natalie_c1990

• Korean first
“A joke?”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Worst restaurant in Paris?
At least worst italian food ever tasted, unfriendly staff, overpriced, we waited 45mn for a joke pizza, clearly a trap for tourists that didn't find place elsewhere...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NicoJeanne
Stafford, United Kingdom
“If you do one thing in Paris don't go here.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

On our last day in Paris we were looking to escape the rain and have some lunch before we flew home. How I wish we had checked TA first every review is on the money.

The service is so glum, it's location is surrounded by beautiful shops and by pure location it thinks it charge the same prices. It is simply not worth the money, 4 euros for a bottle of coke, which the waitress just put on the table no glass and unopened.

The starters arrived hard to mess up antipasto selection. The mains looked like they were poured into the plates, no thought to presentation, the taste was ok at best not a whole deal of flavour I had the carbonarra and my partner had a concoction of penne, bacon and tomato sauce. All average.

The waitress seemed like she couldnt be bothered, that or just no people skills.

It is safe to say we will not return.

• Visited January 2014
Salt Lake City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I agree with the negative reviews regarding this restaurant. My husband and I were very hungry so we chose this. It was the only bad experience we had in our 2.5 weeks in France. The owner (manager?) was rude, the table was filthy, the food mediocre at best, the service not good. And to top it off, as I waited for my husband to go inside and pay the bill, the manager came by and snottily said, "Mme, s'il vous plait!" as if to shoo me away. He was really in my face. So much for lingering at a sidewalk cafe, but who would want to at this establishment?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth G
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre food | Service/staff: non-existant!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I came with my wife and we asked for the Plat du Jour and it included a glass of wine. They brought my glass of wine. While waiting for my wifes glass of wine another couple sat on the table right next to us. When the waiter pass through us to asked for their order the waiter asked my wife again of what kind of glass she wanted. They brought our plates. Still nothing with the glass of wine. In the interior I could see the waiter sitting down having his lunch. After 10 mins or so, the guy in the table next to us asked another waiter to see what had happen with their order (a fruit salad). At that same time I asked for my glass of wine which they brought 5 minutes later... FOREVER!!! At the end we asked for the bill... 5 minutes and still nothing, and I could see 3 waiters just wandering around and none of them at the cashier getting our bill ready so my wife (which is french) asked for the bill again, then the other waiter form afar told me "sorry, I forgot" I told him ok but that it was the 3rd time I see one of them forgetting things (my wine, the fruit salad from the table next to me and the bill...).
The staff was relaxed, meaning that they were just there but doing the minimum, the resto was NOT full and they were just hanging around talking to each other or "playing" with their phones.
The food... I'm not a great cook, but I can tell you that my pasta carbonara is waaaay better than theirs. I guess that they might still survive only because they have a great spot, not because of their staff or their food. 16 € p/p for the plat du jour, here? NO, NOT AGAIN EVER!!!

• Visited August 2013