“good hotel”

Ranked #335 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
croydon london
“good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights room 501 and friends in 502 the reason I chose this hotel as it is within walking distance from the gard du nord and you don't have to worry about getting in taxis or getting on the metro with suitcases upon arrival in paris yes the area it is in is not the best but with the metro nearby its easy to explore paris the rooms we had were clean and tidy our rooms were street facing but could not hear any noise we did not have breakfast as we thought 15 euros was a bit much and maybe the management should look at this as there are plenty of places to eat nearby for a lot less the staff we met were nice and friendly we plan to go back to paris later in the year and I would use this hotel again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ibettan, Directeur général at Hotel Le Marcel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guests,

I wish to thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at Le Marcel Hôtel. I am glad that the location and rooms coped with your expectations. Regarding the breakfast, despite the attention we pay in offering a variety of fresh products we will keep looking for new ideas.

Best regards,
M. GARABEDIAN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of the Gard du Nord as we were then this is a very good choice. The location otherwise, is a bit dodgy. There are lots of unsavoury characters hanging out near the train stations. We hunted down some nice restaurants although there are plenty of tourist traps nearby. I'm not sure that it is truly a four star hotel but its probably the nicest in the area. I don't think I would stay again, I'd probably head closer in to the 3rd.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Friends,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Marcel. I regret however that we did not have the opportunity to recomand you the canal Saint Martin area, as it is one of the most charming and emerging place in Paris, and only a couple minutes away from the hotel.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and be able this time to make you discover our 4* services such as 24h english speaking staff, flat screen TV, free WIFI, King Size beds,…
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We came out of Gare de L'est Metro and saw tons of hotels around. We spent 10 minutes finding this hotel because It has just a single door entrance with a small sign in between Quality Burger and some Turkish restaurant. The hotel is compact but very clean. Easy check-in and check-out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanz K
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. I regret that you had some difficulties in finding our hotel but I am glad that once in our walls you appreciated our services.

Hoping to welcoming you on your next stay to Paris.

County Leitrim, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I spent one night here in February. I arrived at Gare du Nord just after 9h in the morning. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Gare du Nord and faces Gare de l'Est. The usual check-in time is 15h but I was able to leave my bag at reception. When I returned, at around 19h, my bag had been taken to my room.

I had booked a standard room. It overlooked the street and the Gare de l'Est. It was clean, bright and cheerful and the bed, which had good pillows, was extremely comfortable. Complementary water and CocaCola were supplied. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was splendid.

I didn't take breakfast in the hotel but went to a café. There are plenty to choose from in the neighbouring streets.

In the morning the receptionist offered to store my bag until the time of my actual departure from Paris which was in the afternoon. I was going to ask anyway but I was pleased that he had anticipated my request.

The receptionists and the other staff were polite, welcoming and efficient.

Really, a very nice, comfortable hotel which I'd be perfectly happy to stay in again.

Room Tip: I booked a standard room. It overlooked the street. I had the window open all night and could hear s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BrianJA
ibettan, Directeur général at Hotel Le Marcel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you for this very detailed review. I am thrilled to see that your stay at the Hotel Marcel has been such an pleasant moment.
I will indeed transmit your kind comments to the staff.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and modern although quite a bit smaller than the photos imply. Nonetheless it still lived up to expectations and the staff were great. I thought the breakfast was a little expensive so opted to eat at one if the local cafés instead. Comfy bed and a nice view of Gare de L'Est too!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review about your stay at le Marcel Hotel. It has been a pleasure to welcoming you and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am not sure that this should be a four star hotel but it is certainly clean, modern, pleasing to the eye and staff were all very helpful and friendly. The double bed was on the small side but very comfortable. The bathroom - shower only but with good fitments- was well lit. Our seventh floor superior room was in the eaves; it would have been easy to bang one's head badly if getting up from the bedside without thinking first. Little things were not quite right - the television volume was blocked at very (too) low volume, presumably not to disturb other rooms. The standard light was not working and because of New Year could not be fixed. The buffet breakfast was average - brewed hot plate coffee, only white bread for toast, limited other usual selection, so you might be better off popping across the road to the gare d'est where, among other possibilities, the Brasserie Flo with its posh restaurant at the the back is reliable at all times of day. Because of its location which is very convenient for Gares du Nord and d'Est I would stay here again but it's a good rather than a rave review.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sophie83
ibettan, Directeur général at Hotel Le Marcel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we take good note of your comments and make sure that those few details will be taken care of in order to provide our guests entire satisfaction.
If we have the pleasure to welcome you again, do not hesitate to ask our waiter for a nice espresso or cappuccino from our coffee machine in the morning.

MG
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Went to Paris for 2 nights for my birthday and redeemed Avios points for 2 nights at Le Marcel.

Location: Excellent location. 1 minute walk from Gare De L'est, surrounded by shops and restaurants. 30 seconds from a fast food place that sells Homer donut burgers!

Room was small but adequate as with most Paris hotels. Modern decor and clean. Can't comment on breakfast as did not get up early enough.

Definitely recommend.