“Really good! ”

Hotel Le Marcel
Ranked #334 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
“Really good! ”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stay here in the first week when they open the hotel , the tv was not working but they make me a upgrade for my room like apologize.Was everything clean, the only problem that I have was whit the cleaning personal and they supervisor because they came in the room like was nobody there . Really good location and friendly staff . I will came back for sure.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Marie G, Directeur général at Hotel Le Marcel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear friend,

Thanks a lot for your comment on Tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in an early Marcel Hotel, I take advantage of your review to confirm that we have worked on our team learning and organization and they now operate more carefully to assure our guests comfort and quietness.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Essex
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Travelled with my Daughter for 4 nights. Obviously not a top hotel so cannot give top hotel rating, but for what it is, it's great. A trendy, funky boutique hotel. Some rooms are small, yes, but functional. Very clean. Sheets and towels changed every day even though I wouldn't have minded if they weren't. Wonderful staff. Friendly, helpful, and relaxed,like it didn't matter what you asked them - it wouldn't be a problem. Always on hand to assist. And that was 24/7. No worrying that you wouldn't get in after midnight. Room service was also 24 hour even though we didn't use it - nice to know we could have.Lovely HD TV which could be changed to get some English speaking channels. Fabulous location. Was reassuring to know that as soon as we left the metro we were 'home' within seconds.A busy and bustling area, much like London, but Le Marcel provided an oasis of calm security. Oh what the heck - I'll give it 5! It may have been small but they deserve full marks for everything else. Small = more personal anyway.

Room Tip: Don't be put off with your tiny room. It's cosy and all you need.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ibettan, Directeur général at Hotel Le Marcel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Friend,
Thank you very much for your really kind and enthousiastic review. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay at le Marcel Hotel and that the overall 24/7 service has been much appreciated. Availabilty is one of our priority and even if you did not use it all I am glad that you point it out, I will transmit your satisfaction message to the whole team.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location. The metro is literally 100 meters from the hotel door. Great restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Rooms are very clean and average size for Paris. The elevator cannot fit more than 4 people in it. Breakfast is on the second floor down the short hallway from the reception area.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kdrum82
Dear friends,
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to read that the hotel Marcel has coped with your expectations.
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights,I could see Gare de lest train stationfrom my window, beautiful..... the hotel was clean and neat and convinent. A 5mins walk from Gare de nord, their central station, so i did not need to take the taxi from the airport. check in and check out was pretty fast and easy, tons of resturants around, and the walkable distance to the L' open, tour bus stop, which was terrible by the way. only problem i had was finding the hotel because the sign was very small, it is located between some burger joint and another resturant,morealso if you are claustophobic, you may have a hard time because of the small size of their rooms.

Room Tip: room on the top floor by the window
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joan o
Dear guest,

Thank you for your message. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the Hotel Marcel and its neighborhood. I am glad also to inform you that we propose different types of rooms, from the Standards to our Suite of 35m² for more space.
Looking forward to welcoming you again.
croydon london
Reviewed 24 March 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights room 501 and friends in 502 the reason I chose this hotel as it is within walking distance from the gard du nord and you don't have to worry about getting in taxis or getting on the metro with suitcases upon arrival in paris yes the area it is in is not the best but with the metro nearby its easy to explore paris the rooms we had were clean and tidy our rooms were street facing but could not hear any noise we did not have breakfast as we thought 15 euros was a bit much and maybe the management should look at this as there are plenty of places to eat nearby for a lot less the staff we met were nice and friendly we plan to go back to paris later in the year and I would use this hotel again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guests,

I wish to thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor about your stay at Le Marcel Hôtel. I am glad that the location and rooms coped with your expectations. Regarding the breakfast, despite the attention we pay in offering a variety of fresh products we will keep looking for new ideas.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of the Gard du Nord as we were then this is a very good choice. The location otherwise, is a bit dodgy. There are lots of unsavoury characters hanging out near the train stations. We hunted down some nice restaurants although there are plenty of tourist traps nearby. I'm not sure that it is truly a four star hotel but its probably the nicest in the area. I don't think I would stay again, I'd probably head closer in to the 3rd.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Friends,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Marcel. I regret however that we did not have the opportunity to recomand you the canal Saint Martin area, as it is one of the most charming and emerging place in Paris, and only a couple minutes away from the hotel.
I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again and be able this time to make you discover our 4* services such as 24h english speaking staff, flat screen TV, free WIFI, King Size beds,…