“Loved it!”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We loved touring the Louvre. As stated by everyone it is very busy. We did great by arriving around 6:15 PM on Friday when it stays open late. We did not wait in any lines! We had 3 hours which is enough for me in any museum. I would go back since there is so much to see. There was staff nearby that helped if directions were needed and spoke English pretty well. We followed Rick Steve's guide, although sometimes it gets confusing where to go. One word of warning - it was very hot inside in many places. Dress lightly if possible. Plan ahead!

Visited July 2014

Moscow, Russia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredible!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The most impressive place in Paris. Maybe the best museum in the World. From my my 9 days journey to Paris, 3 days I've spent in Louvre and I don't regret). Don't pay much attention to Gioconda, there are a lot of hidden gems in Louvre. There are a lot of audioguides in the Internet. Download a couple of them for more informative visiting.

Visited March 2014
Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Need more than a day”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place is massive.exhibits of just everything.my Egyptian passion was fulfilled.Painting,sculptures unreal.
Mona Lisa?what a shock to see just how small this work is.
The attendants are somewhat rude but their attitude improves if you speak some French

Visited May 2014
Lake George, NB, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“First time at the Louvre”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was our fifth trip to Paris but our first at the Louvre. We bought a Paris Museum pass which let us skip the lines and we knew we could leave and come back if it all got too overwhelming. The building itself is immense and worth seeing in its own right. We focussed on key collection items and just focussed on the fact that we were visiting one of the top museums in the world.

On our next trip, I would definitely buy a Paris Museum Pass again and go late in the day or early evening when the crowds are supposed to be smaller. Or alternatively, buy a guided tour or research one part of the collection to focus on, and go there.

Visited June 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Love Art”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Love Art, Louvre is the place to go. Big place and will need at least a day to see those beautiful art. Words can't express how beautiful they are, also architecture of the place is impressive. There is massive area to walk around.
Those beautiful art, eg. Mona Lisa wow breath taking. If we go Paris Louvre is a must place to visit.

Visited September 2013