“Hiring a Guide to see the Louvre was a Great Idea”
Review of I Louvre Paris

I Louvre Paris
Ranked #105 of 558 Tours in Paris
Type: City Tours, Tours
Reviewed 2 August 2014

On advice from friends who had been to the Louvre in the past we hired a local guide to show us around. This place is so huge it is overwhelming, and with the number of people there it was the right thing to do. Our guide took us directly to areas that we wanted to see, and then explained a lot of the history about the exhibits and paintings. We also went in the evening, which got us easily to the Mona Lisa, which is usually wall-to-wall people. Imagine a roomful of people taking "selfies" with their cell phones. It was worth having a guide!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This tour was excellent. Olivier showed us around Versailles, which was amazing. He explained to us in detail the history and constant restoration that happens at Versailles, but above that he took us to local markets where we were able to buy fresh baguettes, cheese, fruits, vegetables, and meats for a wonderful picnic at Versailles. It was a wonderful experience something I honestly wouldn't have been able to do on my own. This tour is really worth your time. It is a perfect way to spend one of your days in Paris.

2  Thank Fabian A
Reviewed 25 July 2014

There is so much to see beyond the Mona Lisa. If you plan to go here - MAKE A PLAN as there's too much to see in a WEEK. I concentrated on Napoleon's Apartments. At the Mona Lisa, it's a frenzy to get to the rope. Bring your elbows and be polite. Make sense? Photographs ARE permitted everywhere, amazingly. Paris Pass IS HELPFUL here.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Let me say that I too, Louvre, Paris, when the guide is Olivier! He took us on a fanciful excursion of the Versailles gardens and Le Petit Trianon, that excited and pleased all the senses. Through the gardens of Versailles we wandered, past stately trees and along cultivated walkways. We bicycled around the gardens and the canal, enjoying every turn on the star-shaped bike path.

The weather was perfect for un dejeuner sur l'herbes, so Oliver, who had had the foresight to bring us to an abfab French marketplace tipique before landing in the gardens, spread the picnic blanket, et voila, out came the feast.

Needless to say, we felt pampered and spoiled, yet very, very French in the company of Mr. Know His History and Culture, Olivier. Be fit for this tour. It is worth every step and every pedal of the bicyclette.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We explored the Louvre on a guided tour and it was fabulous. On our next trip to Paris we will spend much more time there, but please do not let the fact that you only have a day or even a morning or afternoon, detour you from going. The guided tours will hit the high points and you will leave with a taste of something fabulous and a hunger to see more. There is a great gift shop that sells posters of many of the works and we had a delicious and reasonably priced lunch there as well :-)