“Some good, some not so good=average”
Review of Premices - CLOSED

Premices
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Restaurant is nicely appointed, clean, crisp linens and minimal artwork. One singular waiter seemed to manage the front of house, which only had a few tables. Service was very good, however and we were in no way rushed.

A foie gras amuse-bouche was presented, and delicious. The lobster and black rice appetizer was good, though I did not care for the consistency of the black rice. The lobster main my partner and I had was very overcooked, stringy and tough. It was soaked in butter, which made it edible, but otherwise not at all well executed.

The temperature of the room was distracting, and I have to say took away from the dining experience. It was too warm to enjoy our meal, and we left quickly after dessert, though we would have lingered longer with a cheese plate and after dinner drinks had the room not been so hot.

The service was ok, and some dishes nice, but overall a very average experience.

1  Thank baylily

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was the best meal by far we had on a recent 3 day trip to Paris. Not located in the best of areas we wouldn't have come here normally but trusted the great reviews on TripAdvisor. How glad we did as the food was fantastic. Although the restaurant is small the tables are well spaced out so that you have some privacy and the service was excellent. The bill was approx. eur200 for two which normally I would find quite expensive. However compared to prices elsewhere in Paris and the quality of the food I would have thought you would be hard pushed to find better value elsewhere. If you want fine dining at a reasonable price then this is the restaurant for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great restaurant. A bottle of champagne and a bottle of Gevrey Chambertin, were part of this meal. As an appetizer, a cold serving of watermelon with goat cheese in the middle, was served that was delicious! Someone in the pary had a warm soup/mousse of asparagus that was to die for.
My main course consisted of sweetbreads cooked perfectly over a generous portion of jerusalem artichokes, the whole dish was delicious and the flavors perfectly balanced.
The service from the staff was great and at the end the chef came out and made small talk which never hurts. The temperature inside the restaurant was a little warm but very nice ambiance overall.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked having read the Trip Advisor reviews. The restaurant is small but, I would say, not intimate in that the tables are not too close so one can enjoy one's own space. It is also not that difficult to find if you are staying in the centre - an easy walk.

The menu is short; they obviously concentrate on doing a few dishes very well and, from reading the reviews, it must change regularly. The service is excellent - just right, attentive but not over bearing. We weren't rushed but we never had to wait too long.

We enjoyed the two amuse-bouches - watermelon jelly with mozzarella and a lobster foam. I particularly enjoyed the latter as my husband is allergic to shell fish so I had his as well! it was fantastic.

I had the asparagus with a poached egg and an aspargus foam for a starter and my husband had the foie gras. Both were excellent. Our main courses were as good; my husband had the monkfish and I had lobster tail with mushrooms and potatoes. Delicious. I normally don't have a dessert but I had to have the apple crumble with spice ice cream and my husband had the cheese.

With an aperitif, wine and two extra glasses with the dessert plus service, the bill came to 207 euros which was a fair price for a very pleasent evening. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will visit the next time I am in Paris.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

On a very rainy evening, the lovely staff took pity on us and let us in early to dry off.. The food was exquisite, wine was great and a reasonable price. I hope to return one day (hopefully before it gets too famous!) Just perfect.