“Beautiful”

Ranked #1,257 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

What a great location, beautiful hotel and such a great space inside our suite. Staff went over and beyond but the best part was the beautiful breakfast each day - our wish was their job to fulfill. We ordered room service when we wanted wine and the host ran to a nearby store to purchase just the right white wine to go with our cheese board. Really impressive with décor, staff and service. The room is very high-tech with free wii-fi and apple tv with keyboards to allow you to do any internet on your tvs. Wonderful and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Suites are amazing in space and décor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FourSons2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've stayed at some of the finest hotels worldwide and this one is one of the best I've ever experienced. But, it is for those who appreciate under-the-radar luxury and don't need the flash and excess of the typical five-star hotels in Paris. For that, stay at the Bristol down the street. A small entrance in the tony Fauborg St. Honore area yields a warm, comfortable ambience which perfectly balances the 18th century building roots with modern style and amenities. Our Executive Suite was roomy and beautifully done with three separate living spaces for sleep, living and bath. It was so sumptuous, but in a home-y, accessible way, that I wanted to move in and it was hard to leave after a week. The staff are all helpful and down-to-earth, but still need a little polishing in remembering tasks and being intuitive with guests' needs (they call the room a bit too much). The breakfast buffet is fine, but not the best I've had in Paris and certainly not worth 30 euros per person (ours was included and it should be for everyone). One slight gripe is that to aspire to be five-star and charge equivalent prices, they need a second turndown and clean-up service at night. All in all, the best hotel I've been at in Paris, and true winner!

Room Tip: We were on the Rue D'Anjou side which probably is a bit louder than the courtyard side. For exa...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leif R
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed in Hotel Marquis Faubourg Saint-Honore for 4 nights from 28 Dec 2013 , everything were outstanding starting from location,paying attention to details for example the prestigious decoration of the lobby and the rooms and last but not least, the staff made me feel like home from the way they treated me and my family in an extremely polite way. Not to forget the delicious breakfast and how they respected my religon knowing that I do not eat pork so they brought other meats specially for me instead which was a nice gesture from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Abdulla-almeraikhi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I made a booking months ago for my 30th birthday weekend and I was really shocked when I saw the photos of the hotel on the Tripadvisor. Somehow there seems to be photos of a different hotel linked to this one. Trust me the actual hotel looks far better than the one that is linked on this site.

Anyway I am so glad that I chose this one. It is in one of the most convenient locations in Paris. I could easily walk to my favourite museums. I only stayed here for 2 nights so I didn't have a chance to explore the restaurants and bars near the hotel but Buddha Bar is 5 mins or less away from it (Actually it is next door to the Buddha Bar Hotel)

The service was excellent. I arrived to the hotel really late and I had asked the hotel staff to book a restaurant a few hours before my arrival and they made it happened. The direction to the restaurant was already printed and it was left on a table in the room. The room was faultless. Very nicely decorated and very clean. Our room had a small balcony.

The only negative point was that the breakfast could had been a little bit better. There wasn't too many choices on offer for the price the hotel was charging. Nevertheless it was good.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ZinM
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband booked this hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary. It could not have been more perfect! It was very private and discreet, yet within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. This was my first time in Paris, and what a way to experience the city of light. It is just exquisitely luxurious yet understated. The staff is friendly and they make every attempt to help you whenever they can. We requested a breakfast tray in our room one morning and the croissants, meat, cheese and pastries were delicious. The only misstep was a reservation that we had asked the concierge to make for us. The restaurant did not have our reservation when we arrived, but were kind enough to seat us anyway. My suggestion is to have them double check your reservation the day of.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank travelgeek163
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel is fantastic. From the location to the staff to the rooms and amenities.
Traveling with a big family is never easy. But traveling with 8 demanding and high maintenance big personalities is always a feat. My family and I recently visited Paris and stayed at the Hotel Marquis. This is one of (if not the) best boutique hotels I've ever stayed at. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance to nice boutiques, the Champs Ellisees, Louvre, Rue Rivoli, etc. The hotel is immaculate. The rooms are all equipped with Mac minis mounted on flat screen tvs that serve as both computers and tvs: chock full of tv stations and movies in English for viewing and wireless keyboards with wifi for easy computer use. The hotel supplied cold beverages in mini-fridges of each room at no cost. They were refilled daily. (I always find myself dehydrated while traveling so this was amazing after long days!) Breakfast was nice, there is a small breakfast room with nespresso machines, filter coffee, fresh baguettes and delicious jams! Also has a nice gym in the cave/basement.
Above all, the most amazing thing about this hotel is the service and the amazing staff who makes it happen. From the bizarre requests of my grandmother (who couldn't understand how the remote control worked) to those of my mother (who needed assistance in waking up my 20 year old brother so that he could meet us after our cooking class), the staff was always willing to help us. Always greeting us by name and making all of our room keys interchangeable. They went above and beyond to make our experience truly fantastic. Great, great hotel experience mutually felt by a big family of hard-to-pleasers!
Thanks Melissa!

Room Tip: Ask if construction is going on next door!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Stephanie T
Toronto
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This hotel just opened in January - a soft opening. It is actually officially opening this summer.

They are currently ironing out the kinks, not that there are any.

The location is superb with every high end brand boutique you can think of just around the corner and a stones throw away from the most wonderful garden in Paris - Jardin des Tuileries. You're in the middle of it all.

The reception, lobby and lounge are stunning. It reminds me a lot of JK Florence, another Michele Bonan specialty.

This adorable hotel consists of only 15 suites which gives you the feeling of staying in a private home. It's very quiet and peaceful.

My room was gorgeous. The colours are soothing, the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was the perfect size. I had the entry level suite and found it to be quite spacious.

It's the most perfect little hideaway. I loved it and will return!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends