“Lovely boutique hotel”

Hotel Marquis Faubourg Saint - Honore
Ranked #1,108 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 6 July 2014

There is no limit to the options in hotels in Paris. This is a boutique hotel that works diligently to do it right. It begins with the most accommodating reception staff, continues with a lovely appointed suite with an enormous bathroom. Breakfast is included and offers Parisian choices but don't be afraid to request scrambled eggs and freshly squeezed orange juice and cappuccino. In the evening the receptionist will gladly mix you A cocktail on request, included in your room price. This is a small 15 suite hotel that is relatively new in Paris among thousands of choices. They have some growing pains in that their reception staff pretty much do it all but they do it with a smile and willingness to do whatever is necessary to make your stay a pleasure. Kevin, Marsha and Quintin could not be more helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and our first visit to Paris

Room Tip: Request a suite in the rear of the hotel until construction on the street is complete
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank moxie11

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I really had high hopes for this hotel. Do not, and I repeat do not book a hotel facing Rue d'Anjou. Hermes is building a corporate headquarters down the street (so we were told), and the teeth jarring noise from the sledgehammers at 7am is unfathomable. When we asked for simple requests such as turn-down service, we would return to our room with no fresh towels or amenities. The people that work there are very kind, but do not know what to do with all of the chaos.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank kimfisher3
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We just returned from 6 days in Paris staying at the Hotel Marquis Faubourg Saint-Honore. It's off of the rue Faubourg Saint-Honore, one of the most upscale shopping streets in the world. The hotel is very small, only 15 suites, with beautiful and welcoming decor. You get the feeling that you are in someone's gracious home, only more private. The staff is wonderful, helpful and friendly. Breakfast is lovely too. We hope to return to this wonderful little hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Priscilla S
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Location is TOUT elegant..only 15 suites..very private..large suites..beautiful decor and excellent service...Many restaurants near...and top of the line shopping...easy walking distance to many attractions..

Room Tip: suites on top floor have lower ceilings but are charming...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank raenette
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had booked a different hotel but British Air directed me to the Marquis instead...it was a hotel in the "package". When our taxi had difficulty getting there, and drove up an alley, I was really nervous. Not to worry however, this is a little gem of a hotel, that worked hard to accommodate us.

After our first night I asked to be moved away from the alley. Who ever heard of garbage being picked up and construction starting at 5:30AM? They moved us while we were out(with our permission of course) to a larger room on a courtyard. The difference in noise level was night and day.

At about 6:30pm we asked Adelaide, the receptionist at the time, if she could find us a table on a dinner cruise THAT same night. Her eyebrows raised only slightly before she went to work. In short order she got us an 8pm dinner cruise boat. You see the large cruise boats whisking hundreds of gawkers up and down the Seine. Adelaide booked us on a near private cruise 25 persons, perhaps. The boat, the DON JUAN was old and elegant. It was an extraordinary piece of work by the Marquis's staff that made Paris more memorable, and romantic, for my wife and myself.

Keep in mind this is easter week, an extraordinarily crowded time in Paris.

Hopefully, I can return, and will try to stay at the Marquis again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard.
3  Thank 210RichardR
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great Boutique Hotel in the heart of fancy Paris!!!
I stayed there for 7 nights during a business trip and then my wife joined me.
Impeccable service from start to end.
I stayed a few times at a great Boutique Hotel in Florence, Italy called J.K Place (which I love) where it happens to be the same Interior Designer from Marquis FSH !!
I love hotels in Europe with large and spacious bathrooms .... This one has a separate shower and also a bathtub on each room. Very hard to find in Paris and I have been in many hotels in this city.
Great service from Quentin, the manager that stays during the day. Gave me restaurant recommendations and also helped me with a hotel reservation in the Loire. Five star service!
The only negative, if I can even mention, is the Breakfast, that is a little weak in variety of pastries and cakes ... could definitely improve there!
Will return many many times!!
Recommended!!

2  Thank Alitenssi
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I'm reluctant to write a review for the Marquis because we happened to just chance upon this hotel since the regular hotels were booked for our scheduled trip. I was worried we would be disappointed.
Now I am reluctant to write this review because I'm afraid too many people will learn about this gem of a hotel in the heart of Paris, making it difficult for us to book it again so easily.
The address tells all about the location. Our room was wonderful, as was the breakfast service each morning. But most of all, the wonderful gentleman at the front desk who not only helped us with our luggage, recommending restaurants, and all other miscellany, made our stay more than memorable. Personal beyond personal -- and in Paris, no less! Mark the Marquis, but don't tell anybody else! :)

5  Thank Riosupermom