“Paris History”

and up
Private Day Tour: Guide in Paris
Ranked #15 of 148 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: The only intimate walking tours with a born and raised parisian through the past and the present of the authentic Paris.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had the opportunity to book a last minute walking tour with Philippe the last night I was in Paris. I found him recommended on bonjourparis.com. He happily agreed to meet me in front of Notre Dame on Friday evening and there was only me. He gave me a 1:1 tour of the architecture and history around Ille de la Cite. He was kind, smart, knowledgeable about architecture and history and his English is perfect. I'd highly recommend his walking tours.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"neighborhood"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have had the good fortune to travel all over the world and experienced many tours of wonderful places, sights and sounds. Nothing we have experienced in the past can come close to the experience we shared with Phillipe while touring the Louvre.

This gentleman is absolutely the best show in town! Not only does he charm with his wit, his knowledge of all that is wonderful about Paris in general, and the Louvre in particular, is worth every moment of your time spent with him.

My wife and I wholeheartedly recommend spending time with Phillipe and his "My Hush-Hush Paris Walking Tours. You will not be disappointed and will thoroughly enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Phillipe took us from the market of his neighborhood - where every thing is fresh and where he is a popular and prized customer- to his favorite cheese shop, to his home. There, we all took part in preparing a fabulous meal that I can't wait to replicate at home. This is such a unique and wonderful way to experience Paris. Highly recommended to foodies and others - a wonderful way to spend a day on Paris!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I took a 3 hour private tour around Paris with Bertrand Philippe who gave us an interesting historical background of Paris in and around Saint Germain De Preis. He showed us some very interesting spots around the area and in particular, many secret places he specialises in knowing about. Through the tour he was a delightful guide and had a wonderful sense of humouring delighting us about the many fascinating sights in and around this area of Paris. We would highly recommend his tours.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My girlfriend and I just got back from a fantastic week in Paris.
The cooking class and the Louvre tour with Philippe were some of the highlights of our time in the City of Lights.
The cooking class started at the local market where we bought fresh veggies and duck breasts. With all the vittles in hand we walked to Phillipe's charming apartment and started prepping the food and getting to know our wonderful host.
Philippe's witty personality and extensive knowledge of food and of Paris made it for a thoroughly enjoyable and fun morning and afternoon. Not to mention that the lunch was simply fantastic! We enjoyed Philippe's company so much that we decided to ask if we could join him for his tour of the Louvre. A couple of days later we met him and a couple from California at the main entrance of the Louvre. And that was one of the smartest decisions we made while in Paris. The Louvre is just so huge and overwhelming that without a guide we would have given up just after a couple of hours there.
Philippe grew up in Paris and when he was a kid his grandfather used to take him to the Louvre to visit one room per week (Philippe's family is one of the many French families that have donated artwork and supported the Louvre throught the years). We spent 4 very informative hours touring the museum with Philippe.
Do yourself a favor while in Paris and contact Philippe. Visit his website (www.myhush-hushparis.com) and participate in some of his tours. You will be very glad you did. We guarantee!
Au revoir Philippe! Until the next time!

1  Thank Fernando P