“Paris City Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Half-Day Private Tour: Guide in Paris
Ranked #9 of 114 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: The only intimate walking tours with a born and raised parisian through the past and the present of the authentic Paris.
Winter Park, Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Paris City Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

With only 4 days in Paris, we wanted to maximize our time, so we booked Philippe to show us around. We actually booked him for several tours, and highly recommend every one of them! I will write about each, but for this review, we will chat city tour!

Unfortunately, we had issues at the airport, and arrived an hour late, but Philippe was there ready to go, no problems. He took us all around the city, showing us how to use the metro, and giving us suggestions for our trip. But the BEST part was his colorful expressions and descriptions of the story behind the story! We LEARNED so much about the exciting history and people and events of Paris, and how they have shaped the culture. Philippe is a gem, and we really enjoyed our time with him. He was flexible with our itinerary, and left us right where we needed to be at just the right time! This is ABSOLUTELY the way to see Paris!

brisbane, australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Secrets of Le Marais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked this tour via the website and although it was one of the regularly scheduled tours, we were fortunate enough to have a private tour as we were the only people who had booked. Phillipe is incredibly knowledgeable and I doubt that you could find a tour guide in Paris with his level of knowledge and passion for Paris.

New Delhi, India
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Dont leave Paris without getting Philippe to show you around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I chanced upon Phillipe's walking tours pretty much last minute and the reviews on TA were awesome. Squeezing the tour between a chaotic visit to Eiffel Tower and a dinner engagement, we arrived about 20 minutes late at the meeting point. He was very patient and understanding, to the extent that I was surprised that he had not left without us (me, my wife and 5 year old daughter). The way that Philippe shows you around, and his vast knowledge of the areas, is beyond comparison. While any local resident can have that knowledge it is a lethal combo that he brings to the table - deep knowledge of French history, crazy wit & humor, quintessentially French haughtiness (in a light-hearted manner), a disdain for the 'establishment', intimate knowledge of the streets and shops, and lastly, his special routes that somehow take you through time. He relates history so fluently that it seems like fun! And peppers his discussions with a lot of light-hearted banter. He finished with a flair that left us gasping for more. Those 2 hours with Phillippe gave us a small grip on what it means to a true Parisian. I loved his tour and next time in Paris i shall book one before reaching the city.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great personality but lacking in hands-on cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I loved the class and the experience! Unfortunately, Philippe does most of the cooking and talks you through a lot of it. Personally, I am used to more hands on cooking so I would have liked to do a little more of it. Other than that the experience was great! Plenty of food, great quality and variety, and the visit to the market is incredible! Our menu included a white asparagus appetizer, seared duck breast with confit of shallots with balsamic and creamy polenta, a wonderful cheese course, and chocolate lava cakes with orange zest whipped cream. I would recommend if you are looking for a very relaxing meal where you learn a lot about upscale Parisian culture.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great cooking lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I took the cooking class with Philippe last week and it was fantastic. I really enjoyed visiting the market for shopping, learning who had the best of everything, and the food we made was delicious. In addition to being a great cook, Philippe was a warm and entertaining host. I especially enjoyed the cheese course, and the dessert of chocolate lava cake was out of this world. Definitely recommended.

Visited June 2014