“Couldn't have been better” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: French, International, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Paris, France
“Couldn't have been better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

A friend and I had lunch at Café Figue this week, we’re delighted, and we’ll be back. Everything about this restaurant is attractive and satisfying, from the food to the service to the decor. We couldn't have had a better meal or experience.

My pal had a gazpacho soup made with tomato, cantaloupe and ricotta. I had the lamb samosas with vegetables with light African spices and a lively dipping sauce on the side. He then followed with a lieu jaune (pollack) that couldn’t have been fresher (fresh daily, the chef told us), cooked perfectly (I’m a fish nut) and accompanied by vegetables, while I had a tender supreme de volaille with a Caesar’s salad. Everything was fresh and delicious; and the bill for the two appetizers and two mains came to just €43, well worth it.

But just as important was the experience – the waiter is helpful, and the cook, Nadia, is not just talented, she’s a knockout – enthusiastic, warm and friendly, she speaks fluent English (she studied in Providence, RI, for two years), and on her menu successfully combines the flavors of her native Bénin with those of the Island of Reunion and refined French cuisine. She clearly loves her métier. Be sure to speak to Nadia.

It’s unusual in Paris to find tasty, unpretentious but inventive food combined with a genuine warm welcome and no attitude in a lovely setting. Nadia’s more than on the right track, and my finicky friend and I will be back. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was one of the best meals we have ever had and also remarkable value for Paris - €150 for 3 courses each, glass of champagne each and a decent bottle of wine. Service was good, the amoush boush of cauliflower and scallop stunningly light and tasty, my beef tartare perfect as was my wife's cured mackerel, my fish with bisque was up there with some of the 3* food I have had, only slight disappointment was the Breton biscuit but then again I don't know what it was supposed to taste like! My wife chocolate fondant was perfect.
All beautifully presented.
I would encourage anyone in Paris to eat here

• Visited May 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Outstanding for two”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Had a surprise meal with a local friend here.

Every course was brilliant - a bisque soup, pan fried fish which was amazingly delicious, and a dessert whose name escapes me but was tasty.

The staff helped with wine choices, and the service was friendly and efficient.

Ambiance was particularly nice - we were the first customers of the evening, on a Thursday night, but the place didn't feel empty.

Overall, a very pleasant night out.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Almost Hidden Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Tonight, we ate at the Cafe Figue at 117 rue de Vaugirard, Paris,15th Arr. We have walked by it many times, but it was always closed when we went by during the day (but it does serve lunch on certain days). So, I called and made a reservation and went for dinner. What a surprise, considering that it is very small, inconspicuous and low-key. They have a limited menu and wine list, but the preparation and presentation are so excellent that it matters not. Service is friendly and good. We were there at opening time and were the only people there for awhile, but people started coming in when we finished. So I don't know if it gets crowded, but if the food is any example, I would guess it fills up.

• Visited November 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best meal in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We happened to be lucky enough to stumble on this restaurant when actually attempting to find another. The restaurant we originally chose was closed, and we peaked in to see a lot of locals enjoying this gem that is just a walking distance from the Metro Pasteur stop. I raved that it was my best meal in Paris! Food and service were top notch and the chef/owner even came out to greet us. Would definitely return here and recommend it to anybody traveling to the area. Best things come in this restaurants small package

• Visited September 2013