“Comfortable rooms and great service”

St Christopher's Gare du Nord Paris
Ranked #7 of 181 Speciality Lodging in Paris
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Real good structure.. Comfortable place.. I recommend!

The breakfast was good and the staff helpful. Really well located, near Gare du Nord.

I stayed in a 4-6 bed dorm without problems.

Clean and modern.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noise during the Belluci's bar activity.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was VERY concerned when my friend suggested that we stay in the hostel but I was so surprised about nice quailty of accommodations. We got a 4 person room although we only had 3 people and that was due to paranoia so we just made extra to not have a stranger stay in our room. It's very close to the train station and we found our way around Paris without any major issues. The breakfast was lacking but being American in Paris it's understandable. I would highly recommend others to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

They stole my photo camera in a room that is supposed to be secured and I can't say that staff was helpful. They also stole some cash money from another guest staying in the same room. The other guest stolen and I had our goods hidden within our luggage which were locked inside the racks below each of our beds, and nobody was supposed to be able to enter the room but the 3 guests who paid to sleep there. This story happened more than 2 months ago, but, before telling it, I wanted to give a chance to the hostel staff to help me with this incident. It would be too long to tell everything here so, to make it short, I observe that a guy found a way to enter secured rooms as I can't imagine that staff would take the risk to steal such valued goods as my professional camera. Hostel tells me that the guy we identified as the main suspect was there legally but they don't bring any proof, and for sure the guy was not registered in the room I was: there was only 3 persons registered in the hostel reservation system, nevertheless a fourth guy, kind of strange, was in the room.
Anyway, maybe I was naive when I thought I could leave my camera locked in locker in a locked room for a few minutes during my breakfast, but it's sure I lost it forever and I have no way to replace it.
Otherwise this hostel has good infrastructure, confortable rooms and beds, but it is very enormous, almost 600 people everyday, and you really feel it. It looks a bit like a factory and you may feel like Charlie Chaplin in "Modern Times", as a small ant among hundreds in a big machine.
Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this hostel which is next to "Gare du Nord", statistically the most dangerous area in Europe. All a fauna operates around. As I mentionned, I can't say that staff was helpful. It took them more than a month to provide me with a proper response and to tell me they had identify the main suspect. It will remain to be seen whether this is true or whether this is an excuse not to tell me the truth...

Room Tip: Keep your money and valuables always with you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
23  Thank Dodu_Bunda
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hostel is good, the bar is very fun, every night has different theme nights,(karaoke, beerpong, bands). Includes breakfast (coffee, juice, bread, ham and cheese, jam, yogurt). But the location was not great, not close to any attraction, and maybe, during night, kinda un safe . be side, is close to gard du nord station, so easy to move everywhere

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great atmosphere with a lively bar filled with young people. Free WiFi and best of all a curtain that you can pull across your bed to have some privacy.It was also very easy to find and metres away from a main station.
The complementary breakfast wasn't great and the toilet/shower room was extremely hot and sticky. Other than that a great stay. Probably the best shared hostel room I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at at Christopher's inn gare du nord in June 2014 for 6 nights. Went there with a friend and we accidently didn't book our first night; luckily they had room for us in an 8 bed mixed dorm which was very large, clean, lots of room, comfy beds, windows. For the next 5 nights we had pre booked a 6 bed female dorm. A little smaller obviously but still comfortable. Large lockers under the bed to store your bags, numerous USB and sockets above each bed, with curtains as well and own light.
Buffet breakfast was the best I've had yet on my Europe trip. The hostel bar was also really good, cheap drinks, cheap food and so easy to meet people.
Location was awesome, right next to a main metro station. Just for females don't walk around there alone at night as we had a couple of scary incidents.
We went on the free walking your offered by the hostel which was great. Staff always willing to help and gave great advice.
One thing we didn't like was we had 3 women over the age of 60, one was in her 80s staying in our room. We were always under the impression there was a rule for over 40s to get private rooms. Luckily they had the bottom bunks otherwise they wouldn't have been able to access their beds.
Another tip, if you are worried about noise from the bar, request a room on one of the top levels. Will be going back.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

1. Location - the hostel is right outside Gare du Nord, which is the station you get off the airport train or Eurostar train from UK. very handy! also same station to easily go to Gare d'lest or Gare de Lyon. and easy to see the sights with RER/metro.

2. lobby/reception - very efficient check in & check out, didnt wait long, staff polite & speak English, fast and helpful when asked about train info.

3. 2 lifts for a hostel with 6 floors.

4. lockers - lots of lockers. but its not free. and need coins. ask friendly reception to change.

5. room/bed - quite clean & spacious, plenty of space for luggage, under bed storage cage (bring a padlock) hooks on walls full body mirror, each bed had light, curtains, socket for charging electronic devices. the room has table & chairs, sink with small mirror. all up very pleased with these facilities. the bedis comfy and didnt hear any noise from bar downstairs, sheets are clean, line & towel provided

6. bathroom - not enough cubicles, seem full sometimes and not clean seem to be a mess always.. and you have to keep pressing the button for water.. at least it had a separate section for hanging your clothes to keep dry.. but its tiny and no curtain..

7. free wifi 24/7 in whole hostel, from room to bar.

8. large bar which is also the breakfast area. the free breakfast is excellent, lots of food & drink. eg coffee tea juice cereal yogurt bread with butter jam honey ham & cheese.

9. there is laundry which I didnt use, but roommate said its good

10. there is NO KITCHEN cannot cook or make cup of tea! ah well. also no communal area for sitting or talking. most ppl sit in corridor floor for talking to family/skype etc.

Overall, very happy with my choice. in terms of location, cleanliness, staff and price. (Stayed 5 nights in June 2014).

Room Tip: room facing main street window cannot open due to security reason it becomes very hot and ppl leave...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo