“A hotel with a twist..”

Ranked #130 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Surrey
“A hotel with a twist..”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Arrived at this hotel for a 2 night stay late one evening. BE AWARE many Parisian taxi drivers know the bar not the hotel, and I waa dropped off at the bar, fortunately it is not a long walk and shoes were comfortable..
The entrance of this hotel is a feature in itself, with red lanterns suspended from the ceiling. Check in was painless and the staff were amazing and very helpful. The rooms were decorated in red and black, and though my preference is for light airy space, it worked well..I especially liked the utilities which were mainly in black. The restroom facilities are the most technologically advanced I've seen in a hotel. With heated toilet seats, in built bidet system into the toilet, it was truly an experience and easy to figure out. The bed was large and comfortable.
This hotel scores high for gadgetry, the blinds were all switch controlled and that made it easy with the high ceilings. The building of the hotel is beautiful and maintains a lot of its original features including a lovely spiral staircase by the reception. As expected from the Buddha chain, decor includes several Buddhas strategically placed.
I've scored the location slightly lower because after 5 taxi rides it became apparent that no-one knew where it was, and its a bit of a trek to the nearest Metro.
The bar is a lovely and staffed with very friendly and capable staff, who were able to provide a cocktail for me which wasn't on their list (always a point scored for that).
Would I stay again? well there is a lot of 5 star competition in Paris so cost would determine. As I've done it once, I don't feel the need to do it again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Fifitrixy
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Fifitrixy,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the location of our property, the food and the service delivered.

Nonetheless I do hope one stay is not enough to have a full experience of Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris. I would be happy to prove you the contrary by personally taking care of your reservation for a future visit in Paris.

Loic Le Berre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
Jakarta
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Located smack in the midst of Fabourg St Honore, this hotel is the perfect location if you are (like me) a fan of major Paris Fashion houses such as Loubs, Hermes, Chanel, etc. All Major boutiques (some flagships) are located a stone's throw away from the hotel.

The hotel's design itself is more of a miss for me as i am not a big fan of the whole overly-done Asian-themed design that in my opinion looks and feels rather pretentious and lack authenticity. I understand that the designer probably need to stick to the whole Buddha Bar color scheme. However, the gawdy yellow carpet on the hallway and the bright splashes of red in the room just dont exude warmth and comfort.

The room size is a little bit small (understandably for Paris), The bathroom in some rooms only have shower curtains (where there's actually perfectly enough room to place a proper shower cubicle) making showering rather impracticle.

On our first night there TV wasnt working (which was fine for me) but if ure one of the travellers who has to watch TV every night and expects a working TV in ure room then that would be a problem. Somebody came to fix it the next day and it was working fine.

The hotel staff are very helpful and accomodating. Particular compliment to the lady concierge ( if i remeber correctly her name is Julia) for being so helpful, friendly and accommodating. She makes sure that your stay in Paris is memorable!

I

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Styx_id,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I am very glad that you enjoyed staying in the very heart of Paris, two steps far from the major fashion boutiques of rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, the Concorde, the Champs Elysées, the Madeleine, and so many other lovely places.

However, I am deeply concerned to hear that your bedroom did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we pay a lot of attention to the quality of our product and I regret your deception.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future stay, I am sure that we will be able to find a room that matches with your expectations.

Thank you again for highlighting the kindness and pro-activeness of our teams, those two qualities are most important for us. Thank you also for mentioning the professionalism of our concierge Laura. Your kind words have been communicated.

Gstaad, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Looking for a center hotel in Paris we chose the Buddha Bar Hotel (which is close to the Buddha Bar). The rooms a quiet dark, with Japanese Toilets, as they point out, a very nice welcome at arrival as well as very helpful staff, as room was not ready at 14h o'clock, we were able to change and refresh from the long 7 hour travel to Paris in their little Spa section. You find all you need in the room, enought pillows on confortable beds, large bathroom (i would put some little chair in the bathroom, as to sit down or to be able to put something on it, there is enough space.) The location is quiet at night and also during the day, so you can relax at any time. As its located on Faubourg St.Honoré you have the best shops just around the corner as well as some good nice restaurants nearby. They have a some chilled bar and a lounge-style restaurant, service is good but the food is not really that great, anyways, for that you have some other 12tausend restaurants in Paris. The Concierge service was excellent, as well as all the staff very friendly, attentive and react if. The only little issue was the second day we left a 930h for the city, came back at 1645h and the room was still not done and that we were not informed that we couldn't have dinner at the Buddha Bar at night, as they had some kind of TV Show. Well we can understand, but staying at some hotel who points out their amazing bar with their world knows music, you should be able just to tell your customers that you are closed, which one can accept. Nevertheless we tried the Buddha Bar the day later, but where very disappointed from the kitchen service. The staff was wonderful and tried their very best beeing super friendly. The forgot the Starters from my wife, then during my starter they brought us the both main courses, we then said, that we were still waiting for the first course, but the guy said, well then your main course will get cold ! what do you wanne do when you will know, they will bring it back to the kitchen to keep it warm, so you eat it. We ordered Thai Beef with Thay Basil, but there was no sign of Basil on the dish, looked well but had nothing to do with this traditional Thai dish. Well we then ordered a Caipirinha which was served in a very cheep glass (i call it the toothbrush glass)...the drink had fat too much alcohol, almost no suger, when i wanted to ask , if they could do me one other, they said that this is their style of drinks...well i don't believe that such a well known bar has such a bad service. We stayed for one a half hours in the bar and have never seen any head waiter or restaurant manager around, the girl serving us had her first day working, and she really did her best i have to say, and thanks to her kindness, she 'saved' the evening. I looked around the tables, and there were several complaints about the food around...either we had a bad day or its definitly a tourist trap to make some cash. Have to say that the music was great, and the decoration and ambiance is really good.

Room Tip: Take rooms on 4th or 6th floor, you will have 'more' daylight.
1 Thank Fischerli
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Mr. Fisher,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris for your last stay in the Capital.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and room decorations and found our location up to your expectations, calm and also in the center of Parisian attractions. We have also taken into consideration your remark about adding a sitting in the bathrooms for further improvement..

I am sorry you were not fund of Le Vraymonde's cuisine. Your observations have been retreated with the Food & Beverage team and I hope you welcome you again to surprise you with our delicate Spring menu.

I was very concerned when I read about your experience in the Buddha-Bar restaurant. Our valued guests' comments are crucial to us. That is why the Restaurant Director, Mr. Reynaud will contact you, to personally follow up on your experience.

Thank you for you compliments about the staff and I am delighted you found our concierge team professional and dynamic.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

An amazing hotel to stay for the young couple.
The hotel is located in the heart of Paris.
Food is incredibly tasty.
Have been travelling with a dog, they have made our stay perfect, and pre-organised everything before we arrived.

1 Thank Artyom A
LLeBerre, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Artyom,

A huge thank you on behalf of all the staff members complimented in the review of your recent stay with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I was glad to read that you appreciated our special welcoming for our furry guests and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

It was very noticible that every member of the hotel staff was relaxed and happy to surve at all times during your stay with a smile on their face.

Amazing hotel decoration and very comfortable rooms

I would definetly stay there again during my next visit to Paris

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Maan Q
Dear Maan Q,

THANK YOU for your wonderful and kind words following your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed a memorable moment and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

Warm regards,

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Over the years we stayed in and enjoyed the comfort of some of the worlds best and most luxurious hotels - all over the world.
Therefore it now takes quite a lot to impress. Never the less I can honestly say - we never experienced anything like this before.
Every single comma in this establishment is performed to perfection. This is without a doubt one of the world’s most amazing hotels.

We landed in Paris celebrating my boyfriend’s birthday- a short getaway of only 36 hours. Arriving to the hotel - we were met by an amazingly attentive and smiling staff.
Due to the celebration we were upgraded to one of their best suites - a stunning sight.
Over the short stay - the staff kept surprising us - and showing such care and generosity.

I have never met this kind of generosity - such attentive staff - and such amazing surroundings before.
And can only congratulate the Buddha Bar in its performance and success.

We are truly grateful for our stay, everything you did for us- and can't wait to be back.

1 Thank Solveig E
Dear Solveig,

It was lovely to welcome your boyfriend and yourself. This kind of special occasion should be acknowledged and celebrated! The entire team here at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris is pleased to contribute in our special way.

Thank you very much for this heartening comment, we appreciate your time and we look forward to your return.

Warm regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Booked here last minute for our wedding anniversary. Booked a deluxe room, first room we were shown was 301 in the corner facing the main road next to a hotel where major building works were taking place. I had to ask for a change as the noise was too loud from next door. After much searching and an attempt at upselling to a prestige suite, Jessica at front desk managed to move us to room 210 which faced the courtyard. The main selling point was the jacuzzi bath, great if it actually worked! The shower over the bath was so badly designed that water constantly drained onto the bathroom floor, clearly a major design fault and recurrent problem based on the musty smell and watermarks all over the bathroom. As other reviewers have mentioned the lights system is over complicated, the seemingly impressive overhead Bose speakers redundant as music systems are a "work in progress" as we were told by front desk when we called to find out where we could access the music library the Buddha bar is famous for. I chose this hotel because I'd stayed at the one in Prague and love the brand. The staff were great, mixologist in the bar, Jessica on reception, Laura the concierge but the basics are still missing. Rooms overlooking courtyard are noisy, especially in the summer when the dj will be positioned outside.The hotel's rooms have major design faults, there is no attention to detail, it's very much style over substance, for example we were promised a cd of Buddha bar music when booking a deluxe, we didn't get this. It's cool but not worth it until they get things right. They knew it was our anniversary but there was no gesture to recognise the special occasion, something that comes as standard in hotels of this category. Disappointing.

4 Thank travelkat123
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

As mentioned in your comment our neighbors are renovating the building next door. Nonetheless French regulations do not permit works in the early morning, evenings and weekends, and the renovation is ending soon. I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am surprised to read you had issues with your bathtub and I regret our technical team could not make the repairs promptly. I have met with them and unfortunately we had to close your room for couple of days after your departure.

I was happy to learn you chose Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris to celebrate this special occasion and I am sorry you did not feel recognized.

Finally, your fantastic compliments have been passed on to the staff and they extend their gratitude for appreciating their efforts.

I do hope you will give us another chance, in which case please do not hesitate to contact me to prepare your next visit to Paris.

Best regards,