“Et, Voila!”

Ranked #98 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
toronto
“Et, Voila!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

So you are in Paris, right? Frightening.

The haute echelon of hotels are those not-to-be-believed places of legends : George V, Ritz, Plaza Athanee... we're in the big league boys.

So if you want to dodge that dart, but are still seeking something elegant, inspired, proud and (in this instance at least) a little eccentric, Buddha Bar Hotel is it. Playful without being juvenile, and thematic without taking things too far, this hotel is a little bit sexy, and quite a bit fun.

I was anxious only because the reviews of the hotel are very limited, and very few publications have profiled it to any degree. It's a smaller hotel, and clearly flies a bit under the radar, but between the very helpful service, the size and relative spaciousness of the rooms, the exceptional location and the downright glamour of the whole place - I believe the best reviews are yet to be written.

Stay here.

Room Tip: we Stayed in a Deluxe King, and it was great space.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank pauljToronto
FMORA1, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear pauljToronto,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this splendid review about your recent stay at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I was so pleased to discover your description of the hotel and I am thrilled to read your recommendation about our team, convenient location and attentive yet unobtrusive service.

Rest assured that your delightful comments have been shared with our entire staff and they extend their gratitude for your acknowledgement.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to Paris.

Franco Mora

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived from monaco and wanted a bite to eat in the restaurant. Because outside was supposedly booked we weren't able to enjoy our meal in the courtyard. Although our meal lasted an hour and a half because of an poor wait staff only 3 other patrons were seated. The main issue was even though we had requested a 6.30 wake up call and 7 am cab the reception staff bungled our request. Upon confronting the staff they had indeed recorded my request and the gentleman continued to make excuses as to why it wasn't done. I was assured a manager would look into it and have yet to hear from any hotel representative. Horrible place to stay, outside of the decor its not worth visiting as the staff seems devoid of all concern for its patrons.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tyler P
FMORA1, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking to time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I am very concerned by your comment about your recent stay with us. Please be assured it has been reviewed with all the parties involved in order to take immediate matters to solve the issues.

The main goal of our team is to satisfy our guest and I apologize for the lack of follow up on your issue. I will send you a separate private correspondence to have more details and hope we will be able to sort it together.

Nonetheless I hope you will give us the chance to show you what the Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris guest experience really is.

With my best regards,

Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The front desk staff couldn't have been better. They helped plan our days and send us to great restaurants at night. The outside staff was always there with warm greetings and a helping hand, I celebrated a birthday while I was there and they made sure I had a special day Cake included! Our room was beautiful, comfortable and well appointed.
It was a special vacation made even better by our stay at The Buddha Bar!

Room Tip: The staff will help you choose a room that is right for you,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RERubin
Dear "RERubin",

Thank you very much for your beautiful comment! It is a sincere enchantment to read such positive feedback.

The whole team is very happy and proud we could make this special vacation even more memorable!

I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, meanwhile, we remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need for you, your family or friends.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We loved this hotel from the vibe to the food and staff. The room was very big and so comfortable and very cool.. Boutique hotels are usually hit or miss and this one is a total hit. My 18 year loved it.

Room Tip: Great location we walked everywhere and it simply put had such a great vibe. Not stuffy at all. We...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
LLeBerre, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Mrs. Edenalpert,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris on TripAdvisor.

We were truly thrilled that you found our hotel fabulous, our rooms beautiful, that you enjoyed the food of our restaurant and above all, that our service was wonderful!
Your words are so very generous, and we sincerely thank you!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

With the weak dollar and fewer 5 star hotel rooms currently available in Paris (Plaza Athenee, the Ritz and one or two more hotels are currently closed for renovations), we chose to stay at this newer hotel in the 1st. It is very stylish and cool, but not in a French way, so if you are looking for a more classic Paris stay, this is probably not your place. It reminds me of the Costes but without the pretension and velvet rope outside. The rooms and baths are very nice and thoughtfully outfitted; the rooms and suites on the 2nd floor have the highest ceilings and most space. The only disappointment is the closet size- the hanging part of the closet is literally 12 inches wide, that's it. So if you are traveling with suits and/or dresses, best to get a suite as they have double closets, but only 24 inches wide! The bathrooms are terrific with Toto elecctronic toilets & built-in bidets. The service is warm & friendly. Everyone from the bellmen to the concierges were extremely friendly and helpful. For nearly half the price of the Bristol (just a few blocks up the same street), you can stay in a cool hotel, albeit without the room size and all of the amenities (such as the pool). The continental breakfast was actually excellent, a wonderful surprise. I would certainly return and stay there again.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has great ceiling height giving the rooms a more spacious feeling.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time you spent with us!

I am truly thrilled to see that you keep such good memories of your first stay in Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris and that we helped to make this trip a memorable one.

Thank you so much for recommending our property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

With our best regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had booked the Buddha Bar for our 10 day stay in Paris. We were not quite sure what to expect, but, to say the least, our expectations were exceeded in every way. The concierge staff was incredibly helpful, polite and very cheerful. The hotel is immaculate and room service is prompt and discreet. Special requests (it was my girlfriends birthday) like flowers and chocolates were handled very well, as were gifts from her friends. The bar was better than advertised, and the bartenders are true craftsmen. There are many restaurants close by to choose from. Management was very professional and endured my high school French with a smile. We would not hesitate to stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
LLeBerre, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Steve,

What a rewarding review! Thank you so very much for your kind words!

I am delighted to hear that you have spent a memorable time with us at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

It will be a great pleasure for me to share your impressions with the teams.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I chose this hotel for 2 reasons: 1 - I like to stay at Hotel Costes down the street, and this seems like a similar concept and I wanted to compare and 2 - I was impressed that the general manager Loic Le Berre consistently reads and responds to trip advisor feedback.

The hotel itself was a good experience - well appointed rooms, comfortable bed, what you would expect. One exceptionally area I wish to point out was the service from Laura the concierge. She spent time with us to map out a lovely walk, anticipated our needs, and was a delight. (I wished I could take her home with us!! :-)

The restaurant on the other hand seemed to be on a different planet all together. We tried breakfast one day, and I knew the moment I was sitting down it was going to be a bad experience. It was severely understaffed, and the person serving seemed very stressed. I asked for water which never came, you could almost see the frustration above peoples' heads as they sat and waited from food to arrive. I recommend the General manager to hire some 'secret shoppers' to diagnose the problems in all areas of the food and beverage side of the house - the risk is that the dining experience will keep people from trying the hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple