“Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris
Ranked #160 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I just recently stayed at the Buddha-Bar Hotel in Paris, France & it was really charming. One of the best things about it was the breakfast with the freshly baked croissants. I really became addicted to them and didn't gain an ounce. No preservatives! The hotel staff were extremely helpful & they all spoke fluent English, which really surprised me. The rooms were large and comfortable, including the bed. I love the way the bathroom was separated from the bath/shower area, as it was easier to dress & no waiting for the bathroom. I forgot to lock up my passport & money a couple of times, and it was all still in the room when I returned. They gave great treats every evening when they turned the beds down & the towels were plentiful & lustrous. They had a few parties while we were there & we were invited. They one I went to was actually a lot of fun. I met people with similar interests that were traveling & living in Paris. And surprisingly, I could not hear the noise from my room which had a view to the party area. It was a lovely stay, & the extremely enjoyable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I viewed like rooms on line before booking. nothing else needed. it's a surprisingly quiet hot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Debbie H
Ilona V, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Debbie,

It was such a pleasure for all the Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris team to discover your glowing review on TripAdvisor.

We are so happy that after all the work to improve our breakfast you had the pleasure to enjoy it every day.

We're also thrilled to know you enjoyed your time here, and we're very happy to hear you particularly enjoyed Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris service, the ambiance, the little details and the property itself.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again,

Guest relations manager

There are newer reviews for Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris

Reviewed 11 August 2014

English language need for some staff the uther thing was more then great
The location is great evry thing was excellent
U like this hotel
I will stay next time in this hotel.I a dives any body went to engy to stay in this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank srkalbani
Ilona V, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear srkalbani,

Thank you so much for taking the time write this glorious comment about your recent stay at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

The satisfaction of our guest is our highest priority and we are delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us.

We thank you again for your support and we already look forward to welcoming you again to Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

So you are in Paris, right? Frightening.

The haute echelon of hotels are those not-to-be-believed places of legends : George V, Ritz, Plaza Athanee... we're in the big league boys.

So if you want to dodge that dart, but are still seeking something elegant, inspired, proud and (in this instance at least) a little eccentric, Buddha Bar Hotel is it. Playful without being juvenile, and thematic without taking things too far, this hotel is a little bit sexy, and quite a bit fun.

I was anxious only because the reviews of the hotel are very limited, and very few publications have profiled it to any degree. It's a smaller hotel, and clearly flies a bit under the radar, but between the very helpful service, the size and relative spaciousness of the rooms, the exceptional location and the downright glamour of the whole place - I believe the best reviews are yet to be written.

Stay here.

Room Tip: we Stayed in a Deluxe King, and it was great space.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pauljToronto
FMORA1, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear pauljToronto,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this splendid review about your recent stay at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I was so pleased to discover your description of the hotel and I am thrilled to read your recommendation about our team, convenient location and attentive yet unobtrusive service.

Rest assured that your delightful comments have been shared with our entire staff and they extend their gratitude for your acknowledgement.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon to Paris.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived from monaco and wanted a bite to eat in the restaurant. Because outside was supposedly booked we weren't able to enjoy our meal in the courtyard. Although our meal lasted an hour and a half because of an poor wait staff only 3 other patrons were seated. The main issue was even though we had requested a 6.30 wake up call and 7 am cab the reception staff bungled our request. Upon confronting the staff they had indeed recorded my request and the gentleman continued to make excuses as to why it wasn't done. I was assured a manager would look into it and have yet to hear from any hotel representative. Horrible place to stay, outside of the decor its not worth visiting as the staff seems devoid of all concern for its patrons.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tyler P
FMORA1, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking to time to share your experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris.

I am very concerned by your comment about your recent stay with us. Please be assured it has been reviewed with all the parties involved in order to take immediate matters to solve the issues.

The main goal of our team is to satisfy our guest and I apologize for the lack of follow up on your issue. I will send you a separate private correspondence to have more details and hope we will be able to sort it together.

Nonetheless I hope you will give us the chance to show you what the Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris guest experience really is.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The front desk staff couldn't have been better. They helped plan our days and send us to great restaurants at night. The outside staff was always there with warm greetings and a helping hand, I celebrated a birthday while I was there and they made sure I had a special day Cake included! Our room was beautiful, comfortable and well appointed.
It was a special vacation made even better by our stay at The Buddha Bar!

Room Tip: The staff will help you choose a room that is right for you,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RERubin

Dear "RERubin",

Thank you very much for your beautiful comment! It is a sincere enchantment to read such positive feedback.

The whole team is very happy and proud we could make this special vacation even more memorable!

I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, meanwhile, we remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need for you, your family or friends.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We loved this hotel from the vibe to the food and staff. The room was very big and so comfortable and very cool.. Boutique hotels are usually hit or miss and this one is a total hit. My 18 year loved it.

Room Tip: Great location we walked everywhere and it simply put had such a great vibe. Not stuffy at all. We...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
LLeBerre, Responsable relations clients at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Mrs. Edenalpert,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris on TripAdvisor.

We were truly thrilled that you found our hotel fabulous, our rooms beautiful, that you enjoyed the food of our restaurant and above all, that our service was wonderful!
Your words are so very generous, and we sincerely thank you!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

With the weak dollar and fewer 5 star hotel rooms currently available in Paris (Plaza Athenee, the Ritz and one or two more hotels are currently closed for renovations), we chose to stay at this newer hotel in the 1st. It is very stylish and cool, but not in a French way, so if you are looking for a more classic Paris stay, this is probably not your place. It reminds me of the Costes but without the pretension and velvet rope outside. The rooms and baths are very nice and thoughtfully outfitted; the rooms and suites on the 2nd floor have the highest ceilings and most space. The only disappointment is the closet size- the hanging part of the closet is literally 12 inches wide, that's it. So if you are traveling with suits and/or dresses, best to get a suite as they have double closets, but only 24 inches wide! The bathrooms are terrific with Toto elecctronic toilets & built-in bidets. The service is warm & friendly. Everyone from the bellmen to the concierges were extremely friendly and helpful. For nearly half the price of the Bristol (just a few blocks up the same street), you can stay in a cool hotel, albeit without the room size and all of the amenities (such as the pool). The continental breakfast was actually excellent, a wonderful surprise. I would certainly return and stay there again.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor has great ceiling height giving the rooms a more spacious feeling.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time you spent with us!

I am truly thrilled to see that you keep such good memories of your first stay in Buddha-Bar Hotel Paris and that we helped to make this trip a memorable one.

Thank you so much for recommending our property and we look forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

With our best regards,