“Great Dinner”
Review of Cantina Chic

Cantina Chic
Reserve with
Cantina Chic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 17,405 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Small restaurant, fresh products, home made food, nice wines and low prices.
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Food was really Italian original, they were full but managed to sit us!!! Will come back! The place is small, 10 tables & the menu small but great..

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Texas
“Nice little gem”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. I called the restaurant earlier in the day and left my name and hotel info. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from my hotel telling me my restaurant reservation had been confirmed. Upon arriving, we were warmly welcomed by the owner. He sat down and explained the dishes on the menu. The menu is limited, there were maybe 4-5 entrees. If you're a picky eater, this might be a problem. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was casual and laid back. We would definitely dine here again.

1 Thank SondraTexas
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is as good as the reviews! Great find in Paris!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Perfect for families, friends or romance. Small but quaint with fabulous food, drink and the nicest owners/host. Reserve if your going at a busy time. Great food and value!

1 Thank Brigsky
Hilton Head Island
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Places like Catina Chic are why Tripadvisor is so important. How else could a small, unassuming, but absolutely delightful restaurant make it in a huge crowded marketplace like Paris?

My wife and I were staying around the corner and after reading about Catina Chic checked it out one afternoon. We were under-whelmed by its appearance and the limited menu. But after re-reading the reviews and getting a bit bored with the sameness of “traditional” French bistros and restaurants, we decided to try it for dinner. We walked in about 1900 without a reservation and Fred, the owner, host, and waiter, greeted us warmly. As previously reported, it is small, fitting only about 30 people, and it has a very limited menu. But as it turns out, it was a great night!!!!

The food was unique and fabulous, the wine was very good, and Fred is a guy you wish nothing but the best for. How good was it … we went back our last night in Paris and if we lived there, it would be a place where we would eat once a week. And oh, by the way, the prices were downright cheap for a great meal in Paris.

My wife had the house specialty (pasta with mushrooms and truffle sauce) both times and labeled it “addictive.” I had the veal special one night and the pasta special the other. Both were very well prepared with fresh ingredients. There were nice touches throughout the meal. For example, the antipasti we ordered included burrata (fresh and fabulous) and small sweet onions marinated in balsamic.

And in an age when customer service is often an afterthought, Fred was genuinely touched when we came back a second time. He remembered our names and preferences and made us feel like old friends.

The two nights there bring a smile to my face whenever I think about them. Good luck Fred and merci bien!

4 Thank Newave314
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service and very good food”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

There is a good reason why this place has no negative reviews. The very good food was outdone only by the excellent service by the owner, who went to great lengths to describe the food and the ingredients. The food is obviously cooked with a lot of love, and wine pairing is excellent. Although I am an enthusiastic non-vegetarian, I opted for the house speciality - a truffle pasta - and it was amazing.

1 Thank Chatman79