“Lovely”

Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Great crepes, reasonably priced and really nice and helpful hosts who were more than happy to explain the menu! Recommended.

Creperie_PortManech, Gérant at Creperie de Port-Manech, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your nice opinion. We will be glad to see you soon !

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Crepes were not the first choice, but the waitress was so friendly and the food looked so good that we had to stop. Yes, we wanted to eat inside, so it was small, but there is a room upstairs that most people forget is there, in spite of the fact that it is clearly marked outside. The chef/cook is right theree in the window, so you can see him working, with all the prep being done in the back of the restaurant.

I just had the menu of the day, which was a raclette gallette - It was quite copious and good, and the price was right, the three most important things to me. Also, the place looked clean, and the cider was delicious! Would I come back here? I certainly would, even with all the others around the area and in Paris. So, I guess I can't say much more - - - We must have enjoyed the experience!

1  Thank belgoamerican2016
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My luck is to have a Parisian friend who takes me around. She's originally from Brittany in France, where crêpes originate from as well, as it happens. She wanted to take me somewhere to have crêpes as they should be, so Rue du Montparnasse was the street to go and Port Manech the place, after visiting the catacombs not too far away.

This is a Britton neighbourhood so there are loads of crêpes restaurants on that street and plenty to choose from. Port Manech is, to me, very typically French in the sense that it is very narrow and cozy, all the tables are tiny and very close to each other. The crêpes are delicious, we both had a salty one and a sweet one for desert. I'd recommend this place for lunch but mind you that it closes in the afternoon (at least did when we were there) and opens again for dinner.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Knowing the best of creperies and Breton specialties, I reckon this creperie offers quite a fait Parisian alternative when it comes to enjoying crepes, galettes and cider.
The food is defintely good and of value for money.
Now I must admit the place is slightly disappointing. There is an abvious lack of space and the kitchen smell runs around the whole restaurant.
Service is nice but still average.
In the end, still an ok place, in Paris, to enjoy proper Breton food - especially in a street crowded with (sometimes really poor) creperies.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Very friendly and nice Crepes. Very quick service and the food was tasting good.