Book In Advance
Tours from Aperture Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Aperture Tours
from US$93.76
More Info
from US$437.34
More Info
All reviews night photography photo tour great shots professional photographer paris at night photography experience great teacher day tour long exposure street photography experience level wonderful learning experience manual mode shutter speed beautiful photos highly recommend this tour tips and tricks
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My Girlfriend and I booked an Aperture tour so we could explore the less touristy hidden parts of Paris and learn a little about photography at the same time. It was a perfect way to spend an afternoon and Alexander was really friendly and accomodating. As we are pretty much beginners, he kindly came fully prepared and sat us down to teach us the basics over a coffee first so we could make the most of our time. He then led us around lots of cool lesser known areas of the Marais so we could practice together, all the while helping us compose and improve our shots. We learned loads and can't recommend it enough, well worth it!

Date of experience: July 2017
Alexander-Bradley, Owner at Aperture Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

I am glad to hear you and your girlfriend had a good time on the tour and got to see some of the hidden secrets that regular tourists might not find. Paris is a treasure trove of cute places just off the main spots.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Spent 3 days doing tours with Alexander (including a day at Versailles, a Paris day tour and a Paris night tour) and loved every minute. He was fun and friendly and very knowledgable about all things Paris and most importantly an amazing photographer and teacher. He was extremely patient and accommodating. He took the time over coffee to assess my photography experience and level and then tailored our sessions really well, extending me and encouraging me to think differently about composition and working on my weaker areas. I have done similar photo tours in several other countries and these sessions were a standout. I am looking forward to taking an Aperture tour in my own city and hopefully joining an extended tour in a new country some day. Alexander was also happy for my non photog husband to tag along. The whole experience was a pleasure and one of the highlights of our trip. Many thanks Alexander.

Date of experience: August 2017

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure spending a couple of days with you and your husband across Paris talking about photography and shooting together. These longer tours are great because we can really get in-depth about photography technique and development. I'm happy to hear you got some good images.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I researched a lot of photo tours before leaving Seattle, and we were so happy we chose Aperture! They were great to communicate before we left the states and easily coordinated our meet-up. William was a perfect guide - patient, funny, full of information and happy to be sharing his stories and going at our pace. Due to the time change from London, we went on our first night there which was great planning as we weren't as tired. Also one of my teens only wanted to use his iPhone so we bought an iPhone tripod attachment before coming. You can even rent a tripod from Aperture, but we brought our own travel size as we were doing the night tour and knew we would need several with our group of three. We had a BLAST! We started at the Louve and there was a cello player playing in the background and gave the whole experience such an unforgettable vibe. From there we went to a bridge that overlooked the Eiffel Tower and Musee d'Orsay, then we captured the Roue de Paris (ferris wheel), and finally one of the arches. With William we felt safe the entire time walking the streets of Paris at night and we took home some terrific shots. An absolute MUST DO with Aperture Tours.

Date of experience: April 2017
Alexander-Bradley, Owner at Aperture Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

I am glad to hear you had a blast with us on your photography tour. We don't organise the Chelo player, but we certainly do love it when he plays. It makes the perfect compliment to the shoot. I am happy to hear you came away with some terrific shots.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The Paris Photography Night Tour (7842P3) with Alexander exceeded my expectations. He had asked what camera I was using ahead of time and was totally familiar with it. He explained functions of my model as well as general basic photography. Alexander even had an iPad with all kinds of examples and charts demonstrating different light and speed settings. I would never have had such great pictures without his instruction. He was also great company so the lessons were fun for me and my sisters who came along to enjoy Paris at night.

Date of experience: July 2017

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with me on the tour and that we exceeded your expectations. It is good to know you came away with some great photos you wouldn't have had otherwise.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

My daughter and I met Alexander for the day tour back in June. We started out by getting to know each other over coffee and then hit the town. Alexander was an excellent host: very passionate and knowledgable about photography, a great teacher, and really fun to be with. We had such a good time during the day that we signed up for the night class, which was even more fun and educational. I strongly recommend seeking out Alexander and Aperture Tours if you have even a remote interest in photography or a new way to explore the city. We can't wait to see Alexander again in our travels!

Date of experience: June 2017
Alexander-Bradley, Owner at Aperture Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you, I am really happy to hear you enjoyed your time with me. I look forward to meeting you again and helping to continue your photographic developemnt.