“Great location, rooms small”
Review of Art Hotel Eiffel

Art Hotel Eiffel
Ranked #459 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location, right opposite La Motte Picquet Grenelle metro station which is on 3 lines. There are lots of places to eat and shops around the hotel. Check in was quick and the staff were helpful and spoke good English. The rooms are quite small but OK for the price. There is a safe, hair dryer and complimentary water. The hotel has free wifi for all guests which is positive. Bed was very comfy!

On our last day the maid knocked on our door at 10am to see if we wanted the room cleaned. Check out was at 12pm so not sure why this happened as if we'd said yes presumably she would have had to clean the room again once we had left.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emsworth89
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

The reception team was very happy to read it :)

On the size of the room it is certain that the rooms in Paris are not very high, it is unfortunately a fact due to buildings that do not necessarily allow for large rooms..
Also please apologize for the inconvenience on your last day,it is not usual and was probably just a mistake from the maid.

We hope that see you again soon

There are newer reviews for Art Hotel Eiffel

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Art Hotel Eiffel is very conveniently located across the street from the #6 Metro but there was no noise as the metro is very quiet and no crowds after dark. It was also within a healthy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower. Nice hotel with comfortable bed, clean, modern bathroom. Paid extra for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower and was not disappointed. It was great to look out the window at night and see the sparkling on-the-hour light show. Only drawback: room very small, especially for the price paid. But the staff spoke English, was very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Zippity26

Bonjour

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this nice comment on Trip Advisor :)

Despite the size of the rooms, a common problem in Paris, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Booked a four night stay for May of this year. After arriving, i checked in and went into the room. After a short while, i noticed a large water stain above the bed that had mold growing on it. I went downstairs and told the girl at the check-in desk. She informed me that the water had come from the unit above and they did not have the supplies to fix the wall. She told me that they were fully booked and could not give me another room. She emailed the manager(this was Friday afternoon) and told me the manager was gone until Monday. I went back up to the room and came down a little later to see if there could be any resolution. The manager never responded and i told them that i was going to check out and to cancel my reservation. Luckily i found a much better room at a hotel a few doors down. I came back the next day and still no response from the manager. In fact, they tried to tell me that i had checked out that morning and that i was welcome to stay in the room! Seriously!
I told them that i would require a refund of the four night booking. They said there would be no refund. I notified Travelocity(who booked the room for me) and they called the hotel and the hotel just told them that the manager was gone until Monday. The hotel knew about the water damage and mold on the wall before i checked in but did not bother to tell me or offer any kind of resolution after i confronted them with it. I guess the manager does not respond to emails on the weekend. They never should have let me check into the room in the first place. I am not fond of mold growing on the wall right above the bed! Despite all this, the staff was pretty nice, but they are obviously handicapped by poor and non-caring management. Luckily I was able to get my entire hotel bill refunded back to me by my credit card company who agreed with my complaint. Hopefully Travelocity will go after the hotel and make sure they do not do this again to someone else.

10  Thank T S
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place is TINY. Our room needed repairs, there was mold on the wall in the room and in the shower. The remote for the air conditioner was just for show, as the front desk informed us there is one control for all the rooms only the manager can adjust room temperatures. The room was very hot as a result. There was a refrigerator in the room which made loud strange nosies all the time. They provided two bottles of water on your first night only, but one of ours had already been opened prior to our arrival. Thank goodness we only stayed for two nights, one night there was more than enough, disappointing. The front desk staff was the best part of this hotel, they were helpful, friendly and professional.

3  Thank my123abc
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment.
I am very happy you have appreciated the staff that you have qualified of "the best part of this hotel, they were helpful, friendly and professional."
For the negative part,it is true that we had some technical issues to fix at the moment of your stay.
The mold is a problem we had to deal with since the wall of the adjoining hotel was infiltrated with water.For this reason the maintenance is done regularly
Concerning the refrigirator we have no option but to advice the guest who are disturb to unplugged it.We also have at the disposal of our guest another refrigirator in the breakfast room if needed.

I am really sorry for the inconveniences and would like to make a a special offer for you if you decide to come back to Paris.

Best regards,

Amy
Front desk manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for several days. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the bathroom/shower was updated and very nice. We appreciated the elevator, after having none in our first Paris hotel. Very helpful staff - especially Michel and So (sp?). Michel directed me to France Tourisme, where I was able to book two wonderful day tours -- Castles of the Loire Valley and Normandy/D-Day Beaches. He also directed us to several local restaurants, a local market, and the crepe stand across the street from the hotel - FABULOUS! (It was open late; takes cash only.)
Location is terrific - across the street from the metro, close to many restaurants and Eiffel Tower.
Breakfast was average, but definitely not worth 12 euros. Negotiate with hotel directly to get breakfast included in your room price.
One word of caution: we had a very unpleasant experience with Jack from Sophie Cabs - the company Art Hotel books cabs with. Recommend avoid using Sophie Cabs if possible - the actual fare was 10 euros more than quoted over the phone - and definitely refuse to have Jack as your driver - manipulated the fare, dishonest, and less than kind.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello

Thank you for taking time to write a comment, I will show it to Michel :)

Concerning the taxi, I am very sorry that your daughter had a bad experience.
It is a shame because we've never had any problem with them before that..

I hope that this was a detail and that you keep a good memory of Paris and of your stay at the hotel.

We hope te see you again !

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Excellent location if you like to be in a not too touristy area. If you go to the bakeries around you'll notice they are mostly for locals. Hence they are good and you get the feeling that you are someone from the neighborhood. It is also conviniently located close to the Eiffel Tower, Champ du Mars, etc. and infront of the metro station, and although our window faced it directly (that station isn't underground) the double glass window kept the noise at a very decent level.

The staff was very helpful, and the rooms were fine. Nice, cozy and confortable. Of course for the price we didn't expect any luxury or super design, so I recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice well located and confortable stay in Paris within this price range.Rooms are somewhat small, specially if you are traveling with big bags.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Bonjour

Thank you for writing comment.

I am happy to see that you had a good time in our hotel and that you made the most of the neighborhood ! Despite the size of the room, I am please to read that you felt comfortable :)

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient location in Paris. It's located across from several metro lines and in a great neighborhood. Lots of restaurants and cafe's located very close.

A note if you have a car: We had a car and know that parking is horrible in Paris. There is surprising amount of street parking near the hotel. The metro is risen in this area and there is more surface parking under the structure. Of course it is all pay parking. It is free in the evenings from 7pm until ... maybe 7am, and free on saturday and sunday. There is also a garage near by.

The room was small from American's but decent sized for Paris, unless you're staying in a big chain or very expensive hotel. It is evident that the hotel is newly renovated. The room had a fridge, wardrobe, luggage holder, desk and a chair. The bed was very comfy and there were extra pillows in the closet. The bathroom was small, but the shower could have fit two people!

The front desk was friendly and helpful.

The WiFi was free and easy to use.

A very nice Sunday market takes place just outside the hotel - worth a visit if you're there on Sunday!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Bonjour

Thank you very much for this wonderful comment :)

We hope te see you again soon!